40k salary for a job you like or 100k for a job you don't like?

Max out 401k investment homes etc etc.

You guys really think 100k is a lot of money when it isn't. You won't be able to feasibly do these things with just 100k
Very true, specifically if you're living in major cities with higher COL.

Max out 401k investment homes etc etc.

You guys really think 100k is a lot of money when it isn't. You won't be able to feasibly do these things with just 100k

Very true, specifically if you're living in major cities with higher COL.

This. The value of a dollar varies across the country.

100K in NYC aint gon' give you early retirement. It's possible, I suppose, but you'd have to live well below your means.

100K in Mississippi, on the contrary, can put you on a path to early retirement even if you "enjoy" life a bit.

Both cases assume you have decent money-management skills.

You won't live paycheck to paycheck but you probably won't live well either. And that's probably everywhere idc if you're pulling that in Arkansas or some other non popular state.

Shrugs.

Last edited:
$3846 per check (bi weekly) before taxes isn't enough? Personally I do what I have to do to make my money stretch whether that means roommates, buying a car much under my budget, eating out less, cooking more, etc. A lot of people aren't willing to do anything to trim their wasteful spending.

laugh.gif
 can't live well with that? Well I live within my means, so its enough for me...keywords being "for me".

Yal acting like you have to make 250K a year to live an average life...different strokes for different folks. 

Really shows spending habits lol, I live in the DMV btw.

Last edited:
^smh... This guy Anti doesn't even know when he's so far gone.

No one is acting like $100k is caking but you can easily retire by 55 after a career making six figures work for you. That's just a fact.

Last edited:
No it isn't. Idk what else to say. No one's going spend crazy either,I am very on top of my finances it's just not enough money.

Last edited:
^smh... This guy Anti doesn't even know when he's so far gone.

No one is acting like $100k is caking but you can easily retire by 55 after a career making six figures work for you. That's just a fact.
The key is living within your means, spending thousands a month on designer clothes/shoes , luxury cars, and going out. Of course 100K wouldn't be enough. This is what most 6 figure earners usually end up doing.

Last edited:
Interesting topic, my question @millenial  is do I have my  current knowledge and experience or did I just get my sheepskin?

This straight out of school or senior level type of experience? Just trying to see where you all are coming from.

This straight out of school or senior level type of experience? Just trying to see where you all are coming from.
Investment banking (straight out of school) at top bank: $85k + bonus = $110-130k

Private equity at top fund (after banking): $150k+

Last edited:

You're thinking about it too hard. There are no qualifiers, anything below that floor isnt enough. Thats it.

U can live like a king in Michigan with 100k a year. Give me 100k and watch.

Wow dudes talking about 100k like its nothing? Maybe not much in NYC or the Bay area but cmon man in general thats a nice salary and youre doing better than the vast majority of people.

Back
Top Bottom