40k salary for a job you like or 100k for a job you don't like?

you have to be making $250k to be considered banking in NYC. anyone with a college degree can rock $100k in 4-5 years of experience in NY. you just gotta suck up those first 4-5 years

I'm in the 60k category at 25 and I'd feel so blessed making 100k right now.

100k is a lot of you live in 1996. We in 2016 now, in the Bay Area 100k wouldn't get you feeling like you made it. Cause I know I ain't make it

100k is a lot of you live in 1996. We in 2016 now, in the Bay Area 100k wouldn't get you feeling like you made it. Cause I know I ain't make it

exactly

i just made a thread but im hesistant to post it.......................i might leave it alone

Well that's the down side of living in a place like cali. Where I'm from 100k yearly is kingpin status. If u live a regular life within your means, 100k a year here is very well off.

Well that's the down side of living in a place like cali. Where I'm from 100k yearly is kingpin status. If u live a regular life within your means, 100k a year here is very well off.

100k a year is king pin status? lol wow

nah bro, 100k in the tri sate, DMV area isnt king pin at all....................and you prob have more humble taste. im not gonna post my thread too real for NT way too real.

Last edited:
People living off of 60k want 100k.
People who got 100k need that 160k.
It's never enough. Out of college you're like imma get paid what!? :wow: :pimp:
Couple years down the line you're like this ain't ****

It's never enough

Obviously the 100k. I'm no expert but I think you get taxed more once you reach $100k so I'd probably prefer $90-95 to the 100.

100k a year is king pin status? lol wow

nah bro, 100k in the tri sate, DMV area isnt king pin at all....................and you prob have more humble taste. im not gonna post my thread too real for NT way too real.
U move to Detroit or a lil suburb outside of it and see what u can get for that. But then again I don't care for the luxury cars or big crazy houses. Suburban and a condo and I'm cool.

U move to Detroit or a lil suburb outside of it and see what u can get for that. But then again I don't care for the luxury cars or big crazy houses. Suburban and a condo and I'm cool.

yea for one id never live in detroit

i like nice cars, good food, dope sneakers........doing things etc

condo is cool not into big houses but 100k aint ****

I'm assuming most NTers are approaching this question as single dudes.  

But if you have a wife and kids, 100k isn't much.  Not in this day and age.  

100k/year is bread, even in NYC. I dont know what these cats is on. :lol:

Srs question where r u from?

It's not

You're comfortable but "bread" makes it seem like you have a lot of disposable income.

Again it differs with the person though.

Last edited:

I'm assuming most NTers are approaching this question as single dudes.  

But if you have a wife and kids, 100k isn't much.  Not in this day and age.  
A wife thats working? Idk, a 150k combined household income is solid around here
I was thinking 100k total income for your family.

But yeah, that extra 50k would definitely let you live more comfortable where I stay.  

I'm talking 100K just my income not household. I'm already a little past that mark as household income it's okay.

Lol if we are talking household income thats a different story. 100K household not a lot, 150K household is good, 200-300K household is great.

I'm taking solely my income. 100k isn't enough money anywhere in the US.

Back
Top Bottom