buy n sell forum ...

Originally Posted by Zyzz

buy n sell sucks because of all the flakers on this site, those dudes are lucky i dont keep their names and make a thread about them
30t6p3b.gif

we should make a list of all the flakers to ignore them for future reference

NT buy and sell is the worst part of NT.

The mods do their jobs within the limits of their power...but that whole section needs a drastic overhaul.

NT buy and sell is the worst part of NT.

The mods do their jobs within the limits of their power...but that whole section needs a drastic overhaul.

If we don't screen the replies, 1) a seller could just add on whatever they wanted to a listing and by the time one of the buy/sell guides could react they may have already managed to sell fakes etc.  2) other sellers could attempt to hijack your listings by offering similar items.  If you're going to screen the topics themselves, it only makes sense to screen the replies.  Otherwise, there's no point.  Anyone could list anything.
yeah the whole buy/sell format is complete idiocy. it does not deter fraud as we still see "Help NT been scammed by ____" threads monthly.

Once a month?  Do have any idea how often people are defrauded on other services?  Do you have any idea how many people were defrauded before we changed the buy/sell policies on NikeTalk?  It takes a ton of work to moderate those forums.  It's done for a reason.   
Our buy/sell guides have dramatically reduced the incidence of fraud within our community.  When it does happen these days, usually the buyer has chosen to ignore our recommendations and has made the foolish mistake of sending money as a gift via paypal, trading shoes, etc.  Our system at least ensures that people have access to the items they're attempting to sell.  With other sites, you don't even have that.   

At the end of the day, it's a free service and it requires more labor per sale than the vast majority of alternatives.  If you want to take on additional risk for the sake of convenience, do it.  Go buy on craigslist.  We were sick of seeing fraud occur on our site and a group of dedicated volunteers sacrifices a substantial amount of time every single day to help keep our members safe.  I think there's room in the world for something like that.  It's not perfect, but nothing is.  

Realistically speaking, if you want faster screening, you'd need to pay for it.  If you want no screening at all, you already have those options available.  Complaining that our site is different is like going to a fancy restaurant and then complaining that they aren't as fast as McDonald's.  

If we don't screen the replies, 1) a seller could just add on whatever they wanted to a listing and by the time one of the buy/sell guides could react they may have already managed to sell fakes etc.  2) other sellers could attempt to hijack your listings by offering similar items.  If you're going to screen the topics themselves, it only makes sense to screen the replies.  Otherwise, there's no point.  Anyone could list anything.
yeah the whole buy/sell format is complete idiocy. it does not deter fraud as we still see "Help NT been scammed by ____" threads monthly.

Once a month?  Do have any idea how often people are defrauded on other services?  Do you have any idea how many people were defrauded before we changed the buy/sell policies on NikeTalk?  It takes a ton of work to moderate those forums.  It's done for a reason.   
Our buy/sell guides have dramatically reduced the incidence of fraud within our community.  When it does happen these days, usually the buyer has chosen to ignore our recommendations and has made the foolish mistake of sending money as a gift via paypal, trading shoes, etc.  Our system at least ensures that people have access to the items they're attempting to sell.  With other sites, you don't even have that.   

At the end of the day, it's a free service and it requires more labor per sale than the vast majority of alternatives.  If you want to take on additional risk for the sake of convenience, do it.  Go buy on craigslist.  We were sick of seeing fraud occur on our site and a group of dedicated volunteers sacrifices a substantial amount of time every single day to help keep our members safe.  I think there's room in the world for something like that.  It's not perfect, but nothing is.  

Realistically speaking, if you want faster screening, you'd need to pay for it.  If you want no screening at all, you already have those options available.  Complaining that our site is different is like going to a fancy restaurant and then complaining that they aren't as fast as McDonald's.  

i appreciate the buy sell fourm. it works effectively for me when i wanna sell stuff.

my only pet peeve is that you can't charge 4% paypal fees in your listings.

i appreciate the buy sell fourm. it works effectively for me when i wanna sell stuff.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

You mean those fees that paypal is supposed to charge you for using their service?

You mean those fees that paypal is supposed to charge you for using their service?

Originally Posted by iYen

the buyer should pay those fees

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Why?

why not? i let them know from jump send as gift or cover the 4% never had a problem to this day

Why?

why not? i let them know from jump send as gift or cover the 4% never had a problem to this day

Deal with it. 
This whole "you can save 4% by sending payment as a gift" scam is exactly how a lot of people get ripped off.  

Your base asking price should be set under the assumption that buyers will use paypal. 

Deal with it. 
This whole "you can save 4% by sending payment as a gift" scam is exactly how a lot of people get ripped off.  

Your base asking price should be set under the assumption that buyers will use paypal. 

Originally Posted by Method Man

Deal with it. 

i have sent as gift and received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone nor did i get scammed.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Deal with it. 

i have sent as gift and received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone nor did i get scammed.

you sound like a corporate puppet.

F PAYPAL

F PAYPAL

The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.
Why should the buyer pay the 4%?

F PAYPAL

Oh cool, insult me instead of answering the question.

The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.
Why should the buyer pay the 4%?

F PAYPAL

Oh cool, insult me instead of answering the question.

Back
Top Bottom