buy n sell forum ...

Originally Posted by Method Man

i have sent as gift and received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone nor did i get scammed.
Oh, so the rule should be "everyone but tim isn't allowed to add a paypal surcharge, because he's had good experiences?" 
Our policy has to apply to everyone.  If you want to eliminate those fraud reports you see once per month, the paypal surcharge is exactly the place to start.  If you want to sell on NT, you can't charge buyers more to send money legitimately via paypal.  

It is a transaction, not a gift, after all.  If you're being deceptive right off the jump, that's usually not a good sign.  Sellers are often able to talk inexperienced users into waiving their buyer protection rights in order to save a few bucks.  We need less of that, not more. 

well i have never asked for the 4% selling on nt. i just add it to the listed price. its petty anyway to even argue over a 4% paypal fee 
laugh.gif
  just thought as a buyer it was the norm to pay it guess not ...

i have sent as gift and received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone nor did i get scammed.
Oh, so the rule should be "everyone but tim isn't allowed to add a paypal surcharge, because he's had good experiences?" 
Our policy has to apply to everyone.  If you want to eliminate those fraud reports you see once per month, the paypal surcharge is exactly the place to start.  If you want to sell on NT, you can't charge buyers more to send money legitimately via paypal.  

It is a transaction, not a gift, after all.  If you're being deceptive right off the jump, that's usually not a good sign.  Sellers are often able to talk inexperienced users into waiving their buyer protection rights in order to save a few bucks.  We need less of that, not more. 

mr. method man,  i know we can't put the 4% fees in our actual listing but is something like this acceptable,

"payment must be sent as a gift, if you not comfortable sending payment as a gift please email or inbox me to discuss other options"

other options could be a money order, discussing paying the 4% fees via email, having them pick the shoes up locally etc

mr. method man,  i know we can't put the 4% fees in our actual listing but is something like this acceptable,

"payment must be sent as a gift, if you not comfortable sending payment as a gift please email or inbox me to discuss other options"

other options could be a money order, discussing paying the 4% fees via email, having them pick the shoes up locally etc

No, at this point I don't want anyone sending money as a gift. It's more trouble than it's worth. When it goes bad, we're the ones left holding the bag - and the buyer's hand.

I don't have any interest in expanding PayPal's profit margins, but if you're going to use their service then don't cheat them AND your buyer.

No, at this point I don't want anyone sending money as a gift. It's more trouble than it's worth. When it goes bad, we're the ones left holding the bag - and the buyer's hand.

I don't have any interest in expanding PayPal's profit margins, but if you're going to use their service then don't cheat them AND your buyer.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by tim teufel

why not? i let them know from jump send as gift or cover the 4% never had a problem to this day
The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.
Why should the buyer pay the 4%?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

you sound like a corporate puppet.

F PAYPAL

Oh cool, insult me instead of answering the question.

how is the seller earning more $ its covering the fees........the person pays the 4% or they dont get the item why should I pay the fees when someone else wants an item I have....
Let's say a seller tries to sell some Js for $200 and he wants the buyer to add the 4% fee(that he the seller is supposed to pay for using paypal to receive money).
The buyer has to pay $204 for shoes that the buyer is selling for $200.
The seller receives $200 instead of receiving $196.
Therefore earning more money by avoiding to pay paypal fees.

The only reason sellers add the 4% fee to their listing price is because they are greedy and want to avoid paying fees that they should already be paying.
Now the seller has to pay a fee that the seller should pay himself.
It's like when dudes on ebay list shoes for $1 and the shipping price is $199.
Shady business ethics if you ask me.

why not? i let them know from jump send as gift or cover the 4% never had a problem to this day
The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.

you sound like a corporate puppet.

F PAYPAL

how is the seller earning more $ its covering the fees........the person pays the 4% or they dont get the item why should I pay the fees when someone else wants an item I have....
Let's say a seller tries to sell some Js for $200 and he wants the buyer to add the 4% fee(that he the seller is supposed to pay for using paypal to receive money).

The only reason sellers add the 4% fee to their listing price is because they are greedy and want to avoid paying fees that they should already be paying.

if paypal provides a better service i'd be more willing to pay the 4% fees when selling. but they strictly cater to buyers so screw them.

bottom line is when buying from me, you can send the payment as a gift so i can provide a reasonable price or if your not comfortable doing that i offer buyers the option of covering the fees but either way i get the same amount of money
Those fees are supposed to be paid for by the seller not the buyer.
You're just avoiding them because you hate paypal.

Bottom line is your argument is invalid.

if paypal provides a better service i'd be more willing to pay the 4% fees when selling. but they strictly cater to buyers so screw them.

bottom line is when buying from me, you can send the payment as a gift so i can provide a reasonable price or if your not comfortable doing that i offer buyers the option of covering the fees but either way i get the same amount of money

As a seller, it's the most convenient to just include the 4% fee in your asking price, so you won't "lose" money or have to ask buyers to send as gift.

As a seller, it's the most convenient to just include the 4% fee in your asking price, so you won't "lose" money or have to ask buyers to send as gift.

boo hoo hoo  guess what? I DONT GIVE A F

your argument is corny because at the end of the day im going to sell the way i feel is best for me and your little opinion is irrelevant.

no point in offering your 2 cents anymore because all you'll get is a didn't read gif

bottom line is,   im right  your wrong

your argument is corny because at the end of the day im going to sell the way i feel is best for me and your little opinion is irrelevant.

no point in offering your 2 cents anymore because all you'll get is a didn't read gif

YOU WANT THE ITEM if im selling item xyz & my price is $200 thats the exact amount i need (in my pocket)before the item is sold shipping & paypal fees are not my problem its the buyers problem pay the fees or dont get the item

pot meet kettle

YOU WANT THE ITEM if im selling item xyz & my price is $200 thats the exact amount i need (in my pocket)before the item is sold shipping & paypal fees are not my problem its the buyers problem pay the fees or dont get the item

pot meet kettle

When you signed up for paypal did you not agree to their terms?
If so, avoiding those fees is breaking the terms of use that you agreed to.
You can't follow paypal's rules but you want buyers to follow your silly rules of paying for your shoes?

You haven't answered my question.
Why should the buyer a 4% fee that the seller is supposed to receive?

You can't follow paypal's rules but you want buyers to follow your silly rules of paying for your shoes?

THANKYOU

some people are cheap and would rather put their $ into a big greedy corporation, rather then some dude whos doing nothing wrong and hurting no one trying to make a few extra bucks.

if people don't like how i do business then go pay more elsewhere, that's fine with me.   i circumvent fees any way i can because it benifits ME,  i could care less about the suits working at ebay and paypal when their raising fees constantly and strictly cater to buyers.

THANKYOU

some people are cheap and would rather put their $ into a big greedy corporation, rather then some dude whos doing nothing wrong and hurting no one trying to make a few extra bucks.

if people don't like how i do business then go pay more elsewhere, that's fine with me.   i circumvent fees any way i can because it benifits ME,  i could care less about the suits working at ebay and paypal when their raising fees constantly and strictly cater to buyers.

Originally Posted by VietStar

Agreed. Just build it into the price, people pay the price they actually see, and both parties get peace of mind.

Originally Posted by VietStar

Agreed. Just build it into the price, people pay the price they actually see, and both parties get peace of mind.

do you work for paypal?   if not why do care?  what does me charging fees do to hurt you or a potential buyer?

im not putting a gun to their head and forcing them to follow my rules, if they don't like them they can buy elsewhere.

A buyer should pay the 4% fee because the seller put that in their listing so they can cover the fees. if that's what the seller states in their listing  you either do it or don't buy from them simple as that,  why you making things way more difficult then they need to be.

do you work for paypal?   if not why do care?  what does me charging fees do to hurt you or a potential buyer?

im not putting a gun to their head and forcing them to follow my rules, if they don't like them they can buy elsewhere.

A buyer should pay the 4% fee because the seller put that in their listing so they can cover the fees. if that's what the seller states in their listing  you either do it or don't buy from them simple as that,  why you making things way more difficult then they need to be.

ColdCity wrote:

It's not the buyer's responsiblity to pay fees that the seller is supposed to pay for himself.
Answer this question:
When you use paypal to recieve money that was not sent as a gift payment, paypal states how much they took from the total amount.
Why should the buyer pay more so the seller can receive more even though the fees that are set in place are supposed to be paid for by the seller?

You avoiding those fees is breaking paypal's terms of use.

ColdCity wrote:

It's not the buyer's responsiblity to pay fees that the seller is supposed to pay for himself.
Answer this question:
When you use paypal to recieve money that was not sent as a gift payment, paypal states how much they took from the total amount.
Why should the buyer pay more so the seller can receive more even though the fees that are set in place are supposed to be paid for by the seller?

You avoiding those fees is breaking paypal's terms of use.

Back
Top Bottom