Chuck Barkely talking about black people... again...

Literally has nothing to do with what I just wrote.  "BlackIntellect" being an oxymoron would mean that black people can't be intellectual.

Now was I speaking on the context of his actions or his name?

Was I speaking on the literal dictionary definition or the slang term used on the internet for screen names matched with online personas?

Literally has nothing to do with what I just wrote.  "BlackIntellect" being an oxymoron would mean that black people can't be intellectual.

Now was I speaking on the context of his actions or his name?

Was I speaking on the literal dictionary definition or the slang term used on the internet for screen names matched with online personas?
This would be a lot easier for everyone if you would just admit that you used the wrong term.

Regardless, back to the issue at hand....

This white supremacist culture has really permeated some of yalls minds and has you believing the b.s. rhetoric they spit.

We've made black synonymous with poor in this country. Every "black" problem you hear about is just as relevant, if not more, in poor communities of the majority race. Drugs, violence, lack of emphasis on education, teen pregnancy, "hater" mentality, every last one you can find in a poor white community.

These aren't black problems, they're poor problems. But if you're silly enough to internalize it as a "black" problem you're only devaluing your self and the other intelligent individuals who look like you.

So instead of getting on national TV to talk about how it's a dirty little secret in the black community, acknowledge the ills poverty causes and find better ways to help impoverished individuals of all colors.

Last edited:
Events corellated with race can lead to this. Statistics and sample testing will tell you the same. What was Charles supposed to do? Talk up an Asian minority?

What are you?

It is not that all white people have the agenda, the issue is that ALL white people live with privilege, white privilege.

This means that they are allowed to make mistakes, while others are made to suffer for their folly, due to the color of their skin.

This is proven through Barkley's comments, as if Black people are the only people in this world, who are screwing up.

Who was responsible for the mortgage loan crisis, that nearly destroyed the country's economic system 8 years ago, and who was given the funds to try and correct, or reverse the damage done, in order to stimulate the economy?

Was it a bunch of brothers on 125th street in Harlem?
I'm saying... :lol:

Major corporations skipping on taxes... CEOs sitting on corporate welfare... Golden parachutes for executives when thousands are left jobless...

But a ***** in Mo City that wears tall tees and smokes black and milds is holding black people back.

:lol:

well if his pants sag...
amare-nod-o.gif

Its funny how an obvious message is better received by different messengers.

**** would yall like it better if Barkley said "These ****** wont hold me back", "Haters Gone Hate", "Hi Hater" or one of the millions of other Crab in the barrel dedicated songs. We euphemised crab in the barrel mindset with "Hater".

We know what Barkley said is true the collective cognitive dissonance wont let us admit that just like every other community we have self inflicted issues.

We have a "Where you think you going n***a mindset" Its both obvious and subconscious. I've witnessed it against myself trying to go back to school. Hell, the old me probably even participated in it. My boy Doe B got murked because of this mindset. My lil bruh a nerd and tried to get a tech company going you know how many times his own people laughed at him? You think Billy getting laughed at? Hell we just went through 3 years of calling every black successful person in the entertainment industry a baby eating devil worshiper. White folks aint calling Kenny Chesney a damn Illuminati member.

The first step in moving forward is admitting we have a problem. We so quick to "but slavery..." Dawg shut up. We had pride and put a premium on education, 2 parent households, community, family, dressing like businessmen and owning businesses in the 20s to the 70s. They were closer to slavery than our black president ***** are and had a completely different mindset.

Yea the remnants of slavery are still prevalent in us but aint nothing worse than someone who knows the reasons behind the diagnosis and does nothing about it.

It's like knowing black folks are overweight with diabetes because of the unhealthy slave food we were forced to eat and eventually converted to traditional soul food. Ok, now that we know that its unhealthy stop eating it and eat healthier. What many of us metaphorically do is stuff our faces with lard and blame the white man for making us do it. If you know better, do better.
That where you're at. It was never like that where I'm from. So you can't speak from your perspective a d say that's how it is in general. I had ****** on blocks around my school ready to ride out for me, because I knew one of the leaders and he kept telling everyone I was in college up the block.

Side note, you're talking about the rapper Doe B?

Last edited:
You guys aren't making any sense and completely missing the bigger picture. It's almost difficult to explain to ya'll. We know it exists (certainly not prevalent), we admit it's an issue we have to deal with from the inside out, Chuck spoke about it, Bill, yourself, the songs you mentioned, endless other instances. Obviously we have a problem, and we know it, THAT WAS THE ADMITTANCE! IT'S BEEN ADMITTED! OVER AND OVER. Now what's the solution? how does further seperating and demeaning each other to an audience that's largely only being fed negative images help?

So tomorrow this hive mind you all want us to share stops the hating, everything is incredible for us right?
I don't think it's true that everyone has admitted we have a problem. You using the "we" fast and loose here. Plenty won't address there's a problem or outright deny it before talk of a solution which I've brought up before that seems to be the next topic.

So I can see how you see it as separating and demeaning but acknowledging there's a problem still isn't widespread. If it was it couldn't keep being brought up in a way that implies we all don't recognize it.

I don't really care about the other audience and image. After we get the solutions we can work on public image or race relations with former oppressors.

You'd have to purposely choose not to see that we have sect that are still held back and have a limited view, and even more blind to ignore the years of systematic oppression and current conditions that led to it ."****** just being ****** "(which is what most of these dudes statements could be broken down to) is a silly argument. Show me a video/article of a black celebrity that's saying that problem doesn't exist, in context. Where is this plenty?
I'm talking about plenty black ppl not celebs.

But if you focus on them every time a black celeb that uses that type of ignorance to make their living off they're sending the message that it's not a problem. I don't know where you're living where that's not a clear example of that. Whether it's celebs or common ppl in to it those are the black ppl purposely choosing not to see it or ignore it.

How can that be denied?
Do you really need to be an expert on something you have experience with?

All you doing here is trying to discredit him in all other realms to make it as so whether he's right or wrong it doesn't matter.

If we going that route why listen to you or anyone else in here replying?

Someone talking about how black people treat other intelligent black people, who has never been called intelligent or articulate in his life? What experience has he had with it?
You've never been in the situation where you've witnessed one group of black kids tease a black kid for being smart? for talking "white"? That **** is prevalent at multiple ages. You can't form an opinion on that being wrong and then speak against it? I've seen whole roast sessions based off a black kid being an oreo all way down to calling them a house ******.

Are you seriously saying the only way to reach that opinion is if you yourself are intelligent and have been treated wrongly by other black ppl for being intelligent? You know how stupid that sounds. Seems like you're just going real hard to call Chuck dumb and because of that he can't speak on intelligent black ppl being treated a certain way for being intelligent.

And where are all these black people being held back at?

Yeah, let me listen to his opinion. :rolleyes
Whether you literally don't know any better or want to pretend you don't know any better, no, you don't have to listen.

It's black peoples fault it's harder to get a job as a black college grad than a white person with just a high school diploma? And black people are the ones not interviewing people based on their name being ethnic?
What does this have to do with what I said or what Chuck said? Who said it's black ppl's fault for that? Did I miss a post or are you just going off on a tangent?

Last edited:
I saw people teased for being short. Were they held back? What about the fat kids? Those poor poor fat kids :frown:

How can that be denied?
You've never been in the situation where you've witnessed one group of black kids tease a black kid for being smart? for talking "white"? That **** is prevalent at multiple ages. You can't form an opinion on that being wrong and then speak against it? I've seen whole roast sessions based off a black kid being an oreo all way down to calling them a house ******.

Are you seriously saying the only way to reach that opinion is if you yourself are intelligent and have been treated wrongly by other black ppl for being intelligent? You know how stupid that sounds. Seems like you're just going real hard to call Chuck dumb and because of that he can't speak on intelligent black ppl being treated a certain way for being intelligent.
Whether you literally don't know any better or want to pretend you don't know any better, no, you don't have to listen.
What does this have to do with what I said or what Chuck said? Who said it's black ppl's fault for that? Did I miss a post or are you just going off on a tangent?

I know how stupid you sound.

and I love when people act naïve :lol:

Last edited:
I saw people teased for being short. Were they held back? What about the fat kids? Those poor poor fat kids :frown:
Not getting this held back part you keep asking. Did I say these ppl were held back for being teased? Held back from what?

How can that be denied?

I know how stupid you sound.

and I love when people act naïve :lol:
Great response.

I love it when ppl fail to have legitimate discussions. It exposes their ignorance.

I'm not acting naive at all you're just choosing to be stubborn and apparently are stupid if you're standing by your assertions but yeah I'll sound stupid if you want to spin it that way since you know this :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom