Chuck Barkely talking about black people... again...

You'll be criticized no matter what when discussing the issues with Blacks in the U.S. U could be as eloquent and politically correct as possible but you will still have people downplaying what you said, critiquing, and picking it apart; so the game goes.

I remember saying I talked "white" and seeing how it's a badge of honor to be a real n_ and a bad b_.

I see cats posting pics of the latest J's, 20+ likes 15 comments. I post about how you can buy shares of Nike for around $90, falls by the wayside.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose

Seeing white people say "Chuck is right" concerning the plight of people they don't look like is funny to me. How can the people who systematically ****** a race as a whole tell us how to get out a system that still exist? 

funny to ya boy...but it's in yall dna to worry about **** you have no business worrying about. Just turn on the news and you see it every day 

Seeing white people say "Chuck is right" concerning the plight of people they don't look like is funny to me. How can the people who systematically ****** a race as a whole tell us how to get out a system that still exist? 

funny to ya boy...but it's in yall dna to worry about **** you have no business worrying about. Just turn on the news and you see it every day 
As one user pointed out, to them, 50 years of "rights" erases 300 years of continuous oppression. But they act like it still doesn't exist in other forms, and their favorite line is "That happened so long ago". It's pointless bringing it up, I've found.

I could write paragraphs on how dumb Chuck sounds but luckily somebody already did that for me. So i'll just post this instead.

http://verysmartbrothas.com/dear-bl...that-bad-blacks-are-holding-good-blacks-back/

1. Because it’s not true. Charles Barkley – like Mike Freeman before him — was not completely wrong when saying that there are some Black people who deride other Blacks for speaking properly or achieving academically. But just because something may technically be right doesn’t mean it’s true. Because the truth is that the majority of Black people are just like any other people: indifferent. Yes, we care about our friends and our families and maybe Beyonce a bit too much, but most of us — even the “bad” Blacks — are too wrapped up in our own lives to really give more than half of a **** about what other people are doing with their’s.
But, according to Barkley and the rest of the people who continue to repeat this falsehood, in every poor Black community exists an amorphous horde of round-the-clock haters whose only purpose is to kill every dream and use every college acceptance letter as rolling paper.

2. Because while they’re talking about “Black people” who they’re really talking about is poor Black people in predominately Black communities and basically blaming “poor Black culture” for each of the Black community’s ills.

3. Because saying “Black haters is what’s holding Black people back” is like blaming a monsoon on a sneeze. Out of all the structural, social, cultural, and historical obstacles that could reasonably be argued to be what’s actually keeping Black people back, a Black kid teasing another Black kid for getting an “A” in English is it?

4. Because having a conversation about “what’s holding Black people back” implies that Black people collectively are hopeless and pathetic and will be less hopeless and pathetic when they start acting like other, non-Black, people. (And yes, there’s a difference between saying this in a stand-up comedy skit or a conversation with other Black people and saying this to your “White friends.”)

5. Because if you actually go to a hood, you’ll find that if there is a young person with actual academic or athletic potential — basically, someone who seems to have a ticket out of the hood — there will usually be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people rooting for and even protecting them than actively wanting them to fail. Maybe their methods of protection and support might be unorthodox and even occasionally counterproductive, but the supporters, the ones genuinely happy to see someone from their block who’s “made it,” tend to outnumber the haters.

6. Because saying things like “this is a dirty secret in the Black community” gives off the impression that it is unique to poor Black people. Apparently no other community contains haters. Which means there should be more jobs in the hood, because someone has to staff these hater cultivation plants that apparently exist in every hood.

7. Because this is just another way that poor Black people are “othered” by other Blacks.

8. Because, while poor Black neighborhoods definitely have their myriad issues to wrestle, inventing new ones — or making a preexisting issue sound much worse than it actually is — is dangerously irresponsible. Because inventing or exaggerating certain issues takes attention and resources away from addressing actual root causes.
charles

9. Because anyone from Leeds, Alabama or Gary, Indiana or Youngstown, Ohio or Compton, California who made it out obviously had some help from some of these “bad” Black people. Some poor Black family in your neighborhood who allowed you to stay at their place for a month because the lights were out at yours. Some kid in your class who took the rap when you both were caught stealing chips from the cafeteria, because even he sensed your future was brighter than his and you couldn’t afford to get in this type of trouble. Some assistant principal who wouldn’t allow you to play football your sophomore year because you were failing social studies. Some church that organized a bookbag drive so you and the other kids in the neighborhood would be prepared for the first day of school. Some drug dealer who’d tease you about being a nerd, but told the other drug dealers not to mess with you because you were going to college.

10. Because making blanket negative statements about (relatively) powerless and voiceless people is just as bad as what you’re accusing them of.

I could write paragraphs on how dumb Chuck sounds but luckily somebody already did that for me. So i'll just post this instead.

http://verysmartbrothas.com/dear-bl...that-bad-blacks-are-holding-good-blacks-back/

1. Because it’s not true. Charles Barkley – like Mike Freeman before him — was not completely wrong when saying that there are some Black people who deride other Blacks for speaking properly or achieving academically. But just because something may technically be right doesn’t mean it’s true. Because the truth is that the majority of Black people are just like any other people: indifferent. Yes, we care about our friends and our families and maybe Beyonce a bit too much, but most of us — even the “bad” Blacks — are too wrapped up in our own lives to really give more than half of a **** about what other people are doing with their’s.
But, according to Barkley and the rest of the people who continue to repeat this falsehood, in every poor Black community exists an amorphous horde of round-the-clock haters whose only purpose is to kill every dream and use every college acceptance letter as rolling paper.

2. Because while they’re talking about “Black people” who they’re really talking about is poor Black people in predominately Black communities and basically blaming “poor Black culture” for each of the Black community’s ills.

3. Because saying “Black haters is what’s holding Black people back” is like blaming a monsoon on a sneeze. Out of all the structural, social, cultural, and historical obstacles that could reasonably be argued to be what’s actually keeping Black people back, a Black kid teasing another Black kid for getting an “A” in English is it?

4. Because having a conversation about “what’s holding Black people back” implies that Black people collectively are hopeless and pathetic and will be less hopeless and pathetic when they start acting like other, non-Black, people. (And yes, there’s a difference between saying this in a stand-up comedy skit or a conversation with other Black people and saying this to your “White friends.”)

5. Because if you actually go to a hood, you’ll find that if there is a young person with actual academic or athletic potential — basically, someone who seems to have a ticket out of the hood — there will usually be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people rooting for and even protecting them than actively wanting them to fail. Maybe their methods of protection and support might be unorthodox and even occasionally counterproductive, but the supporters, the ones genuinely happy to see someone from their block who’s “made it,” tend to outnumber the haters.

6. Because saying things like “this is a dirty secret in the Black community” gives off the impression that it is unique to poor Black people. Apparently no other community contains haters. Which means there should be more jobs in the hood, because someone has to staff these hater cultivation plants that apparently exist in every hood.

7. Because this is just another way that poor Black people are “othered” by other Blacks.

8. Because, while poor Black neighborhoods definitely have their myriad issues to wrestle, inventing new ones — or making a preexisting issue sound much worse than it actually is — is dangerously irresponsible. Because inventing or exaggerating certain issues takes attention and resources away from addressing actual root causes.
charles

9. Because anyone from Leeds, Alabama or Gary, Indiana or Youngstown, Ohio or Compton, California who made it out obviously had some help from some of these “bad” Black people. Some poor Black family in your neighborhood who allowed you to stay at their place for a month because the lights were out at yours. Some kid in your class who took the rap when you both were caught stealing chips from the cafeteria, because even he sensed your future was brighter than his and you couldn’t afford to get in this type of trouble. Some assistant principal who wouldn’t allow you to play football your sophomore year because you were failing social studies. Some church that organized a bookbag drive so you and the other kids in the neighborhood would be prepared for the first day of school. Some drug dealer who’d tease you about being a nerd, but told the other drug dealers not to mess with you because you were going to college.

10. Because making blanket negative statements about (relatively) powerless and voiceless people is just as bad as what you’re accusing them of.

The funny thing is how people are saying Barkley is right, but would you listen to Barley about anything else? What else is Charles Barkley an expert on? I barely listen to his expertise on basketball, and you want to believe his theory on a race? Am I supposed to listen to Carrot Top's view on white people next?

As if Charles Barkley has some first hand knowledge of his theory.

Yeah, I'm sure Charles Barkley got picked on for how articulate and intelligent he is. If that dude got picked on for talking white, I'd like to see what became of the rest of his classmates. Because thank God for basketball :lol:

Last edited:
The funny thing is how people are saying Barkley is right, but would you listen to Barley about anything else? What else is Charles Barkley an expert on? I barely listen to his expertise on basketball, and you want to believe his theory on a race? Am I supposed to listen to Carrot Top's view on white people next?

As if Charles Barkley has some first hand knowledge of his theory.

Yeah, I'm sure Charles Barkley got picked on for how articulate and intelligent he is. If that dude got picked on for talking white, I'd like to see what became of the rest of his classmates. Because thank God for basketball :lol:

I honestly don't know how he's been on TV this long. His basketball analysis is nothing but captain obvious *** statements and he talks like a drunk with marbles in his mouth.

Again, why anybody takes his opinion seriously is mind blowing, dude can't even say players names right for a job he does every day and I'm supposed to take his opinion on what's wrong with black folk? :lol:

Last edited:
A lot of generalizations by Chuck, and him being from the deep south i'm sure he experienced it, but i'm not cool with him acting like it's prevalent. To an outside audience who WILL and HAVE ALWAYS taken the negative side of the story and ran with it. My biggest issue with these guys like Chuck and Bill Cosby, I don't see or hear a lot about them working in the community to make it better and change this way of thinking (i'd love to be wrong here, if there's info, post it). They wan't to speak out like they're "black leaders", but all they do is criticize, that's not what a leader does.

quick thought...well in order for the problems to be addressed and not ignored, someone needs to point it out. cosby always getting some hate for "talkin bout his own folk" but the way i see it is a lot of what he saying shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

posting for later.

Last edited:
A lot of generalizations by Chuck, and him being from the deep south i'm sure he experienced it, but i'm not cool with him acting like it's prevalent. To an outside audience who WILL and HAVE ALWAYS taken the negative side of the story and ran with it. My biggest issue with these guys like Chuck and Bill Cosby, I don't see or hear a lot about them working in the community to make it better and change this way of thinking (i'd love to be wrong here, if there's info, post it). They wan't to speak out like they're "black leaders", but all they do is criticize, that's not what a leader does.

quick thought...well in order for the problems to be addressed and not ignored, someone needs to point it out. cosby always getting some hate for "talkin bout his own folk" but the way i see it is a lot of what he saying shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

posting for later.
It's general knowledge amongst Black folk and the only ones who don't care are the bad seeds. But Cosby preaching was all good until we found out he was a rapist so.....Irony.

Black people are holding down other black people.

Not a system of white supremacy, Charles.

Black people. And ignorant ones at that.

Got it.

Funny how blacks mad at charles for generalizing but seems like the blacks on here think every white person has the same agenda towards us

Funny how blacks mad at charles for generalizing but seems like the blacks on here think every white person has the same agenda towards us
What are you?

It is not that all white people have the agenda, the issue is that ALL white people live with privilege, white privilege.

This means that they are allowed to make mistakes, while others are made to suffer for their folly, due to the color of their skin.

This is proven through Barkley's comments, as if Black people are the only people in this world, who are screwing up.

Who was responsible for the mortgage loan crisis, that nearly destroyed the country's economic system 8 years ago, and who was given the funds to try and correct, or reverse the damage done, in order to stimulate the economy?

Was it a bunch of brothers on 125th street in Harlem?

Last edited:

I need ya'll hating *** negroes to stop so I can finally be a fortune 100 CEO.
It's way bigger than that but lets deflect like always...
eyes.gif
you don't seem to understand the point he's trying to make

What are you?

It is not that all white people have the agenda, the issue is that ALL white people live with privilege, white privilege.

This means that they are allowed to make mistakes, while others are made to suffer for their folly, due to the color of their skin.

This is proven through Barkley's comments, as if Black people are the only people in this world, who are screwing up.

Who was responsible for the mortgage loan crisis, that nearly destroyed the country's economic system 8 years ago, and who was given the funds to try and correct, or reverse the damage done, in order to stimulate the economy?

Was it a bunch of brothers on 125th street in Harlem?
I'm saying... :lol:

Major corporations skipping on taxes... CEOs sitting on corporate welfare... Golden parachutes for executives when thousands are left jobless...

But a ***** in Mo City that wears tall tees and smokes black and milds is holding black people back.

:lol:

What!?

No "the blacks" believe a system of white oppression and racism continues to have a negative impact on the success of African Americans. The vast majority does not think white people have an agenda to hold the black man back. That's stupid to even assume that. What we do think is a lot of white people, while not racist on an individual basis, are complacent with the systematic oppression that takes place in the country. They don't feel as if it's a problem, which is actually a problem within itself considering they represent the majority of the population and the vast majority of the wealth in this country. If they can't understand the systematic oppression that occurs and don't fight to change it, very little will change.

So to sum it up, no we don't think most whites have an agenda against us, we think that they don't understand why there needs to be an agenda for us.

Last edited:
Barkley is the token black guy that says everything white ppl wanna say.

Remember this is the same guy who said it's ok for ppl of all races to use the N word on national tv

See for yourself

yeh ok keep on defending him

Back
Top Bottom