How do You Organize, Manage, and Present Your iTunes?

Media Monkey is my exclusive player for my FLAC albums, other than that I prefer iTunes.

I use MediaMonkey. It is my music library, so everything is tagged, edited, tailored, to my specifications. I have to have the correct album art, year, track number, featured artist, etc. I used WMP for the first couple years I had my laptop, so I stuck with the featured artists separated by a semi-colon. If it is a producer/rapper collab, I just include the rappers name in the contributing artist field. I'm the type of person that HATES to be wrong and my music library is no different.

I use MediaMonkey. It is my music library, so everything is tagged, edited, tailored, to my specifications. I have to have the correct album art, year, track number, featured artist, etc. I used WMP for the first couple years I had my laptop, so I stuck with the featured artists separated by a semi-colon. If it is a producer/rapper collab, I just include the rappers name in the contributing artist field. I'm the type of person that HATES to be wrong and my music library is no different.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by zube42

I'm picky with how my music is tagged in my library. My cousin's *@@+ is all messed up, his artist will be like "Jay-Z, Jay-Z feat. Beanie Sigel, Jay-Z feat. Beanie Sigel & Memphis Bleek, etc." it hurts to look at
laugh.gif
. I make sure I got album art on everything too. I used to have hella playlists but when I forgot to save them when I got my new hard drive. How big's your library purp?

Yea definitely can't have that
laugh.gif

I'm sittin at about 145GB, 29,000 songs, 684 Artist so I gotta make compromises with my OCD.

My track title format is "_____ ft. ______, _______ & _______ (Prod. by _____)

It's gotta be exactly like that, "f." "feat." or "featuring", wont do. Neither will "and" it has to be "&"

The production credit is one of the compromise I make, if I can't recognize the producer by ear or remember it off the top of my head it's most likely not listed.

Every once in a while I purge my library of anything I don't listen to or don't ever see myself listening to again.
put your producer info under the Composer heading

Originally Posted by zube42

I'm picky with how my music is tagged in my library. My cousin's *@@+ is all messed up, his artist will be like "Jay-Z, Jay-Z feat. Beanie Sigel, Jay-Z feat. Beanie Sigel & Memphis Bleek, etc." it hurts to look at
laugh.gif
. I make sure I got album art on everything too. I used to have hella playlists but when I forgot to save them when I got my new hard drive. How big's your library purp?

Yea definitely can't have that
laugh.gif

I'm sittin at about 145GB, 29,000 songs, 684 Artist so I gotta make compromises with my OCD.

My track title format is "_____ ft. ______, _______ & _______ (Prod. by _____)

It's gotta be exactly like that, "f." "feat." or "featuring", wont do. Neither will "and" it has to be "&"

The production credit is one of the compromise I make, if I can't recognize the producer by ear or remember it off the top of my head it's most likely not listed.

Every once in a while I purge my library of anything I don't listen to or don't ever see myself listening to again.
put your producer info under the Composer heading

I'm definitely OCD with my music organization too. Album art on everything, No loose songs floating around, Properly tagged everything etc. The only thing I really miss about having a PC is Media Monkey. To me its better than Itunes. If you are still using itunes on a PC i suggest you make the change. If someone knows a better music program for Mac's I am open for suggestions

I'm definitely OCD with my music organization too. Album art on everything, No loose songs floating around, Properly tagged everything etc. The only thing I really miss about having a PC is Media Monkey. To me its better than Itunes. If you are still using itunes on a PC i suggest you make the change. If someone knows a better music program for Mac's I am open for suggestions

Album art on everything, mine looks like track name ____ Ft. _____, _____ no and or & takes up too much room I guess. All Albums have year, cd number, track number, and genre.

Album art on everything, mine looks like track name ____ Ft. _____, _____ no and or & takes up too much room I guess. All Albums have year, cd number, track number, and genre.

I never cared about organizing my music library before. I was using WMP up until last summer and then I made the switch to iTunes and decided to clean my library up. now I keep my library organized and make sure everything has album art. I have quite a few playlists. most of them are playlists of my favorite artists, or just artists I that listen to a lot. for example, I have playlists for Jay-Z, Lupe, Radiohead, Muse, Kid Cudi, etc... and then I have 4 other custom playlists. I have one that has nothing but alternative rock/pop. then I have one for Hip-Hop which mostly contains artists like Mos Def, Nas, Talib, etc... then I have a party playlist which has a bunch of different stuff in it.  and then I have a playlist with chill songs that I listen to when I'm
pimp.gif
and wanna zone out.

I never cared about organizing my music library before. I was using WMP up until last summer and then I made the switch to iTunes and decided to clean my library up. now I keep my library organized and make sure everything has album art. I have quite a few playlists. most of them are playlists of my favorite artists, or just artists I that listen to a lot. for example, I have playlists for Jay-Z, Lupe, Radiohead, Muse, Kid Cudi, etc... and then I have 4 other custom playlists. I have one that has nothing but alternative rock/pop. then I have one for Hip-Hop which mostly contains artists like Mos Def, Nas, Talib, etc... then I have a party playlist which has a bunch of different stuff in it.  and then I have a playlist with chill songs that I listen to when I'm
pimp.gif
and wanna zone out.

*Checking-in to the OCD convention*

I thought I was bad, but damn.
laugh.gif

I keep my library pretty clean and organized for the most part, but variations of "featuring" doesn't bother me unless it's misspelled or something. As long as everything's spelled correctly, capitalized, tracks are in their proper order, and the album name/cover is there, I'm good. If there's an album I really like and listen to enough, I might add lyrics and some smaller details, but that's rare.

I'm really not too big on playlists. As far as that goes, I have a favorites list which I update from time to time. I usually try keeping it under 200 songs. I have a "Workout Mix," consisting mainly of some of the more aggressive music I have in my library (obviously). I share some music with other people, so I have a "Flash Drive" playlist of the music I want others to check out and they share the favor. I also have a "CD Mix" for whenever I want to burn a CD (obviously, once again). That's about it, other than some of the default playlists (Recently Added, Recently Played, etc.). Actually, this reminds to start my "Sleep Mix" up again. I have plenty of relaxing, ambient music for sleeping purposes.

Right now, my iTunes is only at 29 GB (4578 songs), but that's because I switched computers a few months ago and I didn't feel like throwing all of my music on here. Altogether, I have around 111 GB worth of music on my hard drive. It's always crazy to see people having significantly more music than me. 
eek.gif

*Checking-in to the OCD convention*

I thought I was bad, but damn.
laugh.gif

I keep my library pretty clean and organized for the most part, but variations of "featuring" doesn't bother me unless it's misspelled or something. As long as everything's spelled correctly, capitalized, tracks are in their proper order, and the album name/cover is there, I'm good. If there's an album I really like and listen to enough, I might add lyrics and some smaller details, but that's rare.

I'm really not too big on playlists. As far as that goes, I have a favorites list which I update from time to time. I usually try keeping it under 200 songs. I have a "Workout Mix," consisting mainly of some of the more aggressive music I have in my library (obviously). I share some music with other people, so I have a "Flash Drive" playlist of the music I want others to check out and they share the favor. I also have a "CD Mix" for whenever I want to burn a CD (obviously, once again). That's about it, other than some of the default playlists (Recently Added, Recently Played, etc.). Actually, this reminds to start my "Sleep Mix" up again. I have plenty of relaxing, ambient music for sleeping purposes.

Right now, my iTunes is only at 29 GB (4578 songs), but that's because I switched computers a few months ago and I didn't feel like throwing all of my music on here. Altogether, I have around 111 GB worth of music on my hard drive. It's always crazy to see people having significantly more music than me. 
eek.gif

I take mine pretty seriously:

Got about 140 GBs all perfectly tagged.
-No features in the Artist category, always in the song title to keep the Artist organization nice
-All album art
-Every song not on an album or mixtape is labeled "Single" under Album so they all show up together on my Ipod.
-Not very good with playlists, I only have 3: New Songs, New Albums/Mixtapes, and Recommended. I work my way through the 3 playlists and move stuff off them as new stuff comes in...

I take mine pretty seriously:

Got about 140 GBs all perfectly tagged.
-No features in the Artist category, always in the song title to keep the Artist organization nice
-All album art
-Every song not on an album or mixtape is labeled "Single" under Album so they all show up together on my Ipod.
-Not very good with playlists, I only have 3: New Songs, New Albums/Mixtapes, and Recommended. I work my way through the 3 playlists and move stuff off them as new stuff comes in...

Do you guys have all your music files saved on your iTunes folder?

I've always used Media Monkey on my laptop.

About to fix and arrange this @+%!.

I like the OCD look and my @+%! is a complete mess; please share all your secrets lol

I've always used Media Monkey on my laptop.

About to fix and arrange this @+%!.

I like the OCD look and my @+%! is a complete mess; please share all your secrets lol

Dang I must be the only playlist nut. I got over 300, something for every single mood... twice.

Dang I must be the only playlist nut. I got over 300, something for every single mood... twice.

Originally Posted by jomitm

Nope, all is in a folder on my desktop. Whenever I dl something I just drag/drop into it.
If you have the money and no time, pay for a service to clean it up (not sure what they are, someone else will though).
If you have the time and patience, the 'search' feature in the top right of iTunes will be your friend. The easiest way to start is to just get all the artists names fixed, then work from there.

eek.gif
Son. I've got 17 and have had thoughts about erasing some
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jomitm

Nope, all is in a folder on my desktop. Whenever I dl something I just drag/drop into it.
If you have the money and no time, pay for a service to clean it up (not sure what they are, someone else will though).
If you have the time and patience, the 'search' feature in the top right of iTunes will be your friend. The easiest way to start is to just get all the artists names fixed, then work from there.

eek.gif
Son. I've got 17 and have had thoughts about erasing some
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom