If you could live in Cleveland, OH would you?

Live in Cleveland?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

In what magical land is anything given to anybody?
laugh.gif

These "reasons" are hilarious and sound like a chile wrote them
Ny La have way more opportunities for people.
So because we have more opportunities things are given?

You know how stupid that sounds?
I don't think he means given in the literal sense. He's just saying that if someone were to be dropped in both places, without a dime to their name, they would more likely be able to survive in LA/NY than they would in Cleveland. 

That's not necessarily a knock on LA/NY, it's just a way to illustrate how hard it is in Cleveland. 

laugh.gif

I don't think he means given in the literal sense. He's just saying that if someone were to be dropped in both places, without a dime to their name, they would more likely be able to survive in LA/NY than they would in Cleveland. 

That's not necessarily a knock on LA/NY, it's just a way to illustrate how hard it is in Cleveland. 
I'd disagree.

My paps came here with 10 bucks in his pocket from India at 19, he's worth over 5 million now. I've been in California my whole life.

I graduated with my B.A., been working fulltime since junior year of college, worked hard and where i am because of hard work and the example my paps set.

Basically what I'm saying is, is that you can make it anywhere you want if you put in the work.

Don't matter if it's NY,LA,Cleveland, Chicago, anywhere.

And I know plenty of people just like my paps or people my age (22) who came here to LA and are in doctoral programs, or working good jobs. Get that nonsense out that it's easy anywhere.

Last edited:

This

No, he later explained it revealing that he meant what KAL posted

And even with that explanation it doesn't work. Min wage in LA/NY = you're still starving. In Cleveland after a month you could buy a building

Last edited:

laugh.gif

I'd disagree.

My paps came here with 10 bucks in his pocket from India at 19, he's worth over 5 million now. I've been in California my whole life.

I graduated with my B.A., been working fulltime since junior year of college, worked hard and where i am because of hard work and the example my paps set.

Basically what I'm saying is, is that you can make it anywhere you want if you put in the work.

I mean, of course you'd disagree. Everything worked out fine for you. Not everyone is going to be able to turn $10 into 5M.

And to your second point, I disagree. Not everyone's circumstances are the same. So yes, if you put in the work you can make it anywhere, but "the work" is relative.

Last edited:

No, he later explained it revealing that he meant what KAL posted

And even with that explanation it doesn't work. Min wage in LA/NY = you're still starving. In Cleveland after a month you could buy a building
And in Cleveland people can't even get minimum wage. 

laugh.gif

I'd disagree.

I mean, of course you'd disagree. Everything worked out fine for you. Not everyone is going to be able to turn $10 into 5M.

And to you're second point, I disagree. Not everyone's circumstances are the same. So yes, if you put in the work you can make it anywhere, but "the work" is relative.
My main point is Cleveland isnt any harder to be in or grow up in then any other major city. If anything it's easier.

That's all I'm trying to convey.

laugh.gif

I'd disagree.

And to you're second point, I disagree. Not everyone's circumstances are the same. So yes, if you put in the work you can make it anywhere, but "the work" is relative.
My main point is Cleveland isnt any harder to be in or grow up in then any other major city. If anything it's easier.

That's all I'm trying to convey.
That's false, tho. The lack of opportunity definitely makes it harder. 

What opportunity do you need?? you can buy a building for $1,000. Lack of opportunity for who? People with absolutely zero education and work experience??? Of course there's a lack of opportunity. That's reality.

On top of that why is claiming Cleveland is garbage helping the argument that people should want to live there???

Last edited:
What opportunity do you need?? you can buy a building for $1,000. Lack of opportunity for who? People with absolutely zero education and work experience??? Of course there's a lack of opportunity. That's reality.
Poverty rate is at 37%, and you're debating whether or not there are opportunities there? And to make it worse, you use buildings being sold for $1,000 as proof of such opportunities. 

On top of that why is claiming Cleveland is garbage helping the argument that people should want to live there???
this, dudes bragging about how their city has no opportunities 
roll.gif
I think the original point they were making when bringing this up was that not everyone is cut out to live in Cleveland. 

Last edited:
Poverty rate is at 37%, and you're debating whether or not there are opportunities there? And to make it worse, you use buildings being sold for $1,000 as proof of such opportunities. 

I think the original point they were making when bringing this up was that not everyone is cut out to live in Cleveland. 

You do understand what those poverty numbers represent right? You could make 10g's a year and still under the poverty bracket. Those numbers do not represent the number of people without jobs or that there are no jobs.

"Not everyone is cut out for..."

:rofl:

Again, not anywhere near a good thing.

Last edited:

roll.gif
its not about being soft though, most people would figure out a way to survive if they were forced to live there

but why would anyone want to live in cleveland when the locals are making it sound like you will be an extra in a mad max movie 

You do understand what those poverty numbers represent right?
Yes. 

roll.gif
its not about being soft though, most people would figure out a way to survive if they were forced to live there

but why would anyone want to live in cleveland when the locals are making it sound like you will be an extra in a mad max movie 
I disagree. 

To your second point, I don't know. I wouldn't live in Cleveland either, I was just responding to what I thought was being misunderstood. 

Back
Top Bottom