Jordan his Airness, says he can score 100 points in NBA today.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Jordan just mad Kobe got 81 and Jordan couldnt come close.

219cscn.jpg
Strange, because Kobe's name is nowhere in MJ's quote. 
indifferent.gif

never said he did, im just saying Jordan wouldnt drop 100.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'd pay good money to watch '91 MJ against last year's Warriors.
85 points and a walk off
30t6p3b.gif
3 minutes into the 3rd quarter.. Warriors win by forfeit..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

I'd pay good money to watch '91 MJ against last year's Warriors.
85 points and a walk off
30t6p3b.gif
3 minutes into the 3rd quarter.. Warriors win by forfeit..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sladewilson

"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."
tired.gif
IF IF IF...

The game is less physical, but the players are more athletic so that's basically a wash. Plus physical doesn't mean better, and only a few teams actually played that physical/dirty game.

Players were able to hand check in Jordan's era, so without that rule he probably would be able to get to the basket more easily. BUT, zone defenses are allowed now so it's not like MJ would be getting all the way to the cup anyway.

I don't see it. I also don't see the point of making a statement like this anyway. It's not like they asked him a specific question about scoring, Mike just took it there.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."
tired.gif
IF IF IF...

The game is less physical, but the players are more athletic so that's basically a wash. Plus physical doesn't mean better, and only a few teams actually played that physical/dirty game.

Players were able to hand check in Jordan's era, so without that rule he probably would be able to get to the basket more easily. BUT, zone defenses are allowed now so it's not like MJ would be getting all the way to the cup anyway.

I don't see it. I also don't see the point of making a statement like this anyway. It's not like they asked him a specific question about scoring, Mike just took it there.

The boy was a beast. If he could score 63 points against the PHYSICAL TEAMS THAT DAMN NEAR WANTED TO MURDER THE BULLS EVERY NIGHT.

He could do it now with these whiney babies that don't even play defense.

The boy was a beast. If he could score 63 points against the PHYSICAL TEAMS THAT DAMN NEAR WANTED TO MURDER THE BULLS EVERY NIGHT.

He could do it now with these whiney babies that don't even play defense.

Originally Posted by Murda He

I was just saying that the game is smarter...

Hell, Elgin Baylor beget The Doc beget His Airness beget Mamba beget the Queen....

People get so nostalgic that they can't move past the past. The game keeps pace though. It gets smarter. It builds on what's come before. Jordan is looking around the league and feeling dominant when it's actually kinda funny how many chinks in his armor he really had as an older player. Just the way that AI broke him down in 96. It says more than people readily admit. In just one play, we saw something epic. The way he failed to even almost guard that kid was like watching the death of late 80's ball as it crashed head first into 1996. Sure it's just one play, but that's the way the game is played these days. Jordan's a fool to think 1991 basketball is better than 2010 basketball. That doesn't even make evolutionary sense scientifically. That's why I brought up IQ.. the game has evolved. Just ask the 20 or so GOOD guards in the League about the 4 or 5 GOOD bigs. Fair enough?

Ok....gotcha.  Lemme ask you...how good do you think an "in-his-prime" MJ would do in today's NBA?  He proved that in the latter stages of his career when he was w. the Wizards he could out-think his opponent and still be effective as he was pushing 40 years old.....and that was a totally different NBA than what it was like in his heyday w. the Bulls. 

Originally Posted by Murda He

I was just saying that the game is smarter...

Hell, Elgin Baylor beget The Doc beget His Airness beget Mamba beget the Queen....

People get so nostalgic that they can't move past the past. The game keeps pace though. It gets smarter. It builds on what's come before. Jordan is looking around the league and feeling dominant when it's actually kinda funny how many chinks in his armor he really had as an older player. Just the way that AI broke him down in 96. It says more than people readily admit. In just one play, we saw something epic. The way he failed to even almost guard that kid was like watching the death of late 80's ball as it crashed head first into 1996. Sure it's just one play, but that's the way the game is played these days. Jordan's a fool to think 1991 basketball is better than 2010 basketball. That doesn't even make evolutionary sense scientifically. That's why I brought up IQ.. the game has evolved. Just ask the 20 or so GOOD guards in the League about the 4 or 5 GOOD bigs. Fair enough?

Ok....gotcha.  Lemme ask you...how good do you think an "in-his-prime" MJ would do in today's NBA?  He proved that in the latter stages of his career when he was w. the Wizards he could out-think his opponent and still be effective as he was pushing 40 years old.....and that was a totally different NBA than what it was like in his heyday w. the Bulls. 

219cscn.jpg

cmon_son-400x297.jpg

You know Kobe clowned on the 29th ranked defense in the league... Jordan once dropped 63 against the #1 ranked defense a team considered one of the best in NBA history and IN the playoffs. Don't even try that "Jordan couldn't come close" stuff
roll.gif

219cscn.jpg

cmon_son-400x297.jpg

You know Kobe clowned on the 29th ranked defense in the league... Jordan once dropped 63 against the #1 ranked defense a team considered one of the best in NBA history and IN the playoffs. Don't even try that "Jordan couldn't come close" stuff
roll.gif

Seriously? Picture Jordan playing the Cleveland Cavaliers right now. The weakest team in the league would have been D-League status in the 90s.

Picture Jordan in his prime playing the Knicks now. Son ...
laugh.gif

I can't even fathom it. He would average 40+, but just may get taken out of games to give everyone in the league the benefit of a doubt.

Y'all really sound crazy right now saying Jordan couldn't come close ...

He'd drop 20 each quarter WITH a bad leg in this league right now.

Seriously? Picture Jordan playing the Cleveland Cavaliers right now. The weakest team in the league would have been D-League status in the 90s.

Picture Jordan in his prime playing the Knicks now. Son ...
laugh.gif

I can't even fathom it. He would average 40+, but just may get taken out of games to give everyone in the league the benefit of a doubt.

Y'all really sound crazy right now saying Jordan couldn't come close ...

He'd drop 20 each quarter WITH a bad leg in this league right now.

It's stupid to argue A > B in different eras.  
Some of you need to stop talking like all the teams back in the day were good.  Acting like this is the only era where the NBA has !+%$@* teams
30t6p3b.gif

It's stupid to argue A > B in different eras.  
Some of you need to stop talking like all the teams back in the day were good.  Acting like this is the only era where the NBA has !+%$@* teams
30t6p3b.gif

The NBA fouls are getting as sad and soft as the NFL quarterback protection rules. Neither of these sports resemble what they once were, and it's not a good thing.

If Wade played in the 90s, his commercial would have said: "Fall down 7 times, miss 8 games."

some of yall really love to overhype Jordan

yall really think he could score 100?

and "he scored this much against the rough defenses of his day" is such a terrible argument, if thats the case why didnt he score 100 against the weak defenses he did face?

Back
Top Bottom