Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

There's alot of bias going around.

It's trendy to mention every single negative about the Xbox One. It generates hits, it fills up comment sections.

If you post a link of the Day 1 Forza 5 patch, the lulz are sure to come. Even though most Forza aficionados play online due to the amount of downloadable content and multiplayer features.

This is news that just surfaced about Sony: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-07/15/sony-drops-fine-appeal

If i were to got to a forum such as Neogaf and name the thread "Will Sony let hackers get away with our account information?" I would probably get flamed by people who think Sony can do no wrong.

Or if i respond to a post which is about Microsoft's "draconian and anti-consumer policies" with this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

I would continue to get flamed.

But i won't, because CONSOLE WARZ are stupid.

Wow you went all the way back to the rootkit :lol:

There's a reason why the XBone is getting hate it. It's because of the things MS are doing wrong. Same thing happened to Sony after $599 and the PSN hack. The Wii-U is getting battered by people for it's sales and game drought right now. Here in the UK, The Last of Us has moved more units than all Wii-U games combined in the past 6 months. That just opened the floodgates for peple to attack it.

If you like MS, you should be the one to complain the most about what they're doing wrong just like Angry Joe did. When Counter Strike and Retro City Ramapane got released in the US but Europe got shafted, the EU PS Blog was filled with pure hatred for months :lol: . It got bad but that's what you have to do. Right now there should be a pettition if there isn't one already to bring back the family plan.

There will always be console wars but if you dismiss everything as hate or trolling then you're not helping.

There's a reason why the XBone is getting hate it. It's because of the things MS are doing wrong. Same thing happened to Sony after $599 and the PSN hack. The Wii-U is getting battered by people for it's sales and game drought right now. Here in the UK, The Last of Us has moved more units than all Wii-U games combined in the past 6 months. That just opened the floodgates for peple to attack it.

There will always be console wars but if you dismiss everything as hate or trolling then you're not helping.
Exactly, dudes in here are acting like 95% of the Internet and general population just woke up one day and decided to hate the Xbox one and show love to Sony, who's been receiving all the hate this gen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Multiple things that people had valid reasons to be upset about led up to this outcome.

Last edited:
I think it's already been stated that most of the "ps3 fanboys" "bashing" m$ are actually people who own 360s and don't own ps3s.

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2

If you like MS, you should be the one to complain the most about what they're doing wrong just like Angry Joe did. When Counter Strike and Retro City Ramapane got released in the US but Europe got shafted, the EU PS Blog was filled with pure hatred for months :lol: . It got bad but that's what you have to do. Right now there should be a pettition if there isn't one already to bring back the family plan.

There will always be console wars but if you dismiss everything as hate or trolling then you're not helping.[/quote

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2

There is a petition

Last edited:
Free 12 Months Xbox Live Gold with Office 365 Activation
Only for activations between July 18 and September 28
by Matt Clark JULY 18, 2013

Despite all the inherent fun that comes along with an Xbox Live Gold account, no one like shelling out hard-earned dough every year to pay for a subscription. But Microsoft has started a brand new promotion for its cloud-based Office 365 productivity suite, offering a chance to enjoy all Xbox Live offers for a whole year, free of charge.

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 1.53.34 PM

Activating an Office 365 Home Premium or Office 365 University subscription between July 18 and September 28, 2013 will grant you a free code for 12 months of Xbox Live Gold. You'll need to use the same Microsoft account email address on both Office 365 and your Xbox Live account. And more importantly, make sure to grab the free Xbox Live code before October 31, 2013.

Microsoft launched Office 365 back in January, offering software like Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook on a subscription basis. A year-long subscription to Office 365 Home Premium is $100, or $10 on a month-to-month plan

Free 12 Months Xbox Live Gold with Office 365 Activation
Only for activations between July 18 and September 28
by Matt Clark JULY 18, 2013

Despite all the inherent fun that comes along with an Xbox Live Gold account, no one like shelling out hard-earned dough every year to pay for a subscription. But Microsoft has started a brand new promotion for its cloud-based Office 365 productivity suite, offering a chance to enjoy all Xbox Live offers for a whole year, free of charge.

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 1.53.34 PM

Activating an Office 365 Home Premium or Office 365 University subscription between July 18 and September 28, 2013 will grant you a free code for 12 months of Xbox Live Gold. You'll need to use the same Microsoft account email address on both Office 365 and your Xbox Live account. And more importantly, make sure to grab the free Xbox Live code before October 31, 2013.

Microsoft launched Office 365 back in January, offering software like Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook on a subscription basis. A year-long subscription to Office 365 Home Premium is $100, or $10 on a month-to-month plan

Work Hard, Play Hard.

There's also a rumour that the XBone will have Lync too along with Skype

I dont understand the benefit to Office 365. I guess if you have several computers or like new upgrades all the time, but other than that Id stick with the boxed Office 2013.

I dont understand the benefit to Office 365. I guess if you have several computers or like new upgrades all the time, but other than that Id stick with the boxed Office
There is no benefit. It's like they went from a normal game to a MMO with a paid subscription :lol:
They want that constant income and DRM . Adobe's doing the same thing too.

Last edited:
I heard about that Office 365 service. I think they're trying to stop the pirating. I don't know anyone who upgrades their MS Office annually.

Ubisoft Confirms That Watch Dogs Companion App Does Not Require Retail Game

During its first quarter earnings call, Ubisoft confirmed that Watch Dogs' companion app will not require that players own the game on consoles or PC. This is a shift in how companion apps have been handled in the past.

Now, anyone interested in the Watch Dogs experience just on a mobile device can do that without owning a full version of the title. This broadens the possibility for external influences on Aiden's adventure, both in support of players and as foils for the full game's players.

For more on the companion app, check out this preview.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...tch-dogs-mobile-companion-play-uncovered.aspx

Forza Motorsport 5 Install, Offline Details Clarified

As IGN originally reported, Forza Motorsport 5 will not require a persistent online connection to play – unless of course you're in multiplayer modes such as Rivals or online racing, or doing cloud Drivatar training or downloading user-generated content such as paint schemes. However, Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt told us today that being required to connect to Xbox Live before you can play is "not the plan." You just need to connect online eventually in order to complete the career mode.

"In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the [Turn 10 development] team," Greenawalt said. "While playing, the player will be asked to connect to Live in order to download a completely fresh set of player-created Drivatar opponents – it’s not a lot of data, but the download contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings. Connecting will also download new content – but the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc.

"This download is simply additional cars and tracks. The gameplay is not blocked while downloading the additional content; it’s done in the background just like disc install."

None of these offline installation scenarios apply to digitally purchased versions of the game, obviously.

Here's where the eventually part comes in. "The player won't be blocked from playing the game" if they've never connected it to Xbox Live, Greenawalt said. "But deeper areas in the career mode were designed to utilize these additional cars and tracks."

He clarified even further.

"This is similar to what we did on Forza Motorsports in the last generation as well – shipping both free and premium content at launch. In some ways it’s similar to the Disc 2 content in FM4 as well. However, this time (unlike DLC tracks in previous Forza’s) deeper progression in the career mode was designed to fully integrate this launch downloadable content."

Should you lose your connection while you're playing, Greenawalt said, "You’ll be able to play Forza Motorsport 5 in Career mode, Free Play, and other offline modes. Like Xbox 360 cloud saves, the next time you connect, your save game progress will automatically synch with Xbox Live."

Should you lose your connection while you're playing, Greenawalt said, "You’ll be able to play Forza Motorsport 5 in Career mode, Free Play, and other offline modes. Like Xbox 360 cloud saves, the next time you connect, your save game progress will automatically synch with Xbox Live."

Greenawalt also shed extra light on how the Drivatar system works with and without an Internet connection. He told IGN, "While the Drivatar feature is designed to take advantage of Xbox Live and the processing power of the cloud, its revolutionary approach to opponent has been designed to work offline as well. Racing against the Drivatars of others does not require a connection. Drivatar learning and training does require a connection to the cloud as it’s a real-time training system. Any time that you connect Forza Motorsport 5 to the Live servers, you will automatically download a refreshed set of Drivatar opponent data."

He added that downloading fresh Drivatar data is "not a lot of data."

What about your Xbox Live friends? Will you still see your friends' Drivatars when playing offline?

"Not necessarily. When you first connect Forza Motorsport 5 to the Live servers, you will download a set of Drivatar opponents (it’s not a lot of data, but it contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings) for use in offline mode. This set of Drivatars will not necessarily contain your friends. From race to race as you stay connected, your friend’s Drivatars, cars, and paint schemes will be pulled into your races – as will updated Drivatar strangers and rivals based on your difficulty settings."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Forza Motorsport 5 Install, Offline Details Clarified

As IGN originally reported, Forza Motorsport 5 will not require a persistent online connection to play – unless of course you're in multiplayer modes such as Rivals or online racing, or doing cloud Drivatar training or downloading user-generated content such as paint schemes. However, Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt told us today that being required to connect to Xbox Live before you can play is "not the plan." You just need to connect online eventually in order to complete the career mode.

"In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the [Turn 10 development] team," Greenawalt said. "While playing, the player will be asked to connect to Live in order to download a completely fresh set of player-created Drivatar opponents – it’s not a lot of data, but the download contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings. Connecting will also download new content – but the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc.

"This download is simply additional cars and tracks. The gameplay is not blocked while downloading the additional content; it’s done in the background just like disc install."

None of these offline installation scenarios apply to digitally purchased versions of the game, obviously.

Here's where the eventually part comes in. "The player won't be blocked from playing the game" if they've never connected it to Xbox Live, Greenawalt said. "But deeper areas in the career mode were designed to utilize these additional cars and tracks."

He clarified even further.

"This is similar to what we did on Forza Motorsports in the last generation as well – shipping both free and premium content at launch. In some ways it’s similar to the Disc 2 content in FM4 as well. However, this time (unlike DLC tracks in previous Forza’s) deeper progression in the career mode was designed to fully integrate this launch downloadable content."

Greenawalt also shed extra light on how the Drivatar system works with and without an Internet connection. He told IGN, "While the Drivatar feature is designed to take advantage of Xbox Live and the processing power of the cloud, its revolutionary approach to opponent has been designed to work offline as well. Racing against the Drivatars of others does not require a connection. Drivatar learning and training does require a connection to the cloud as it’s a real-time training system. Any time that you connect Forza Motorsport 5 to the Live servers, you will automatically download a refreshed set of Drivatar opponent data."

He added that downloading fresh Drivatar data is "not a lot of data."

What about your Xbox Live friends? Will you still see your friends' Drivatars when playing offline?

"Not necessarily. When you first connect Forza Motorsport 5 to the Live servers, you will download a set of Drivatar opponents (it’s not a lot of data, but it contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings) for use in offline mode. This set of Drivatars will not necessarily contain your friends. From race to race as you stay connected, your friend’s Drivatars, cars, and paint schemes will be pulled into your races – as will updated Drivatar strangers and rivals based on your difficulty settings."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

IGN are idiots.

Anyway, I was able to find some Ryse first hand impressions. From everything Ive heard, the combat isnt exactly QTE. Like you fight an opponent and when they are near death, the button appears on top of their head. It seems you can still kill them without doing the promot, and the prompt only is for "style points" that get you more health. You dont actually just walk up to somebody and perform a QTE

Vid of a guy playing the demo. Seems to be alot of dodging and blocking with the shield. I could see how the combat gets repetitive though.

Last edited:
Dead Rising 3: A Trio of Amazing Features
Three specific things left me craving the Xbox One launch game.
July 19, 2013
by Marty Sliva
Whenever my parents would drag me to a Home Depot as a child, I had to use my imagination in order to stave off death-by-boredom. IMy fantasy of choice always seemed to revolve around how I would react if the massive warehouse were to be suddenly overrun by zombies. What aisle would I choose to fortify? What makeshift weaponry would I add to my arsenal? Which of my fellow shoppers would make a strong addition to my newfound crew?
Yeah, I was a weird kid, but that’s not the point. The point is, my imagination was entrenched in a survival horror sandbox game long before those words the video game vernacular. Lo and behold, Dead Rising 3 looks like it’s shaping up to be a fantastic realization of my childhood daydreams. I got a chance to sit in on a 30 minute demo of Capcom’s Xbox One launch title, and to be perfectly honest, I kind of fell in love. Here are the three reasons why.

Choose Your Own (Zombie) Adventure
A lot of Dead Rising fans were a bit worried after seeing the demo Microsoft showcased back at E3, and rightfully so. Our first look at DR3 pointed towards a game that shrugged off all of the madcap, zany elements that gave the series its unique voice in favor of a more gritty and “realistic” approach to survival horror. Well, I can safely put those fears to rest: Dead Rising 3 looks to be every bit as silly and over the top as its predecessors, but only if you choose for it to be.
You can also choose to play through the story in a no-pressure sandbox mode, or go back to the nerve-wracking schedule of DR1 in Nightmare Mode. If you want a somber horror experience free from wacky hijinks, you can have that. You can play the game as the straight hero, and honestly, it seems like that route could provide an interesting addition to “serious” zombie games like The Walking Dead and Resident Evil. But thankfully, that’s not the only option. During the demo, our new hero Nick put on a full-bodied shark mascot costume, plopped some traffic cones on the heads of a few unfortunate zombies, and then proceeded to hack them to bits using a newly-crafted flaming sword. If that doesn’t sound like Dead Rising, I don’t know what does.

Second Screen Smarts
Anyone who watched the E3 demo saw the climax where the player used a smartphone to call in an airstrike and completely eviscerate a shambling mass of zombies. But what Microsoft and Capcom didn’t highlight was the fact that the second screen functionality of DR3 actually exists within the world of the game, and is capable of delivering experiences far more interesting than death from above. Early on in the game, Nick finds a fancy government phone on the body of a dead agent. At this point, the player can link his or her actual phone to the game, meaning that when Nick gets a call, your phone will ring and you can actually listen to the incoming message. Kids, we have officially entered the future.
Of course, there are also standard features like map integration, but even these have some really cool twists. At any point, you can scroll through the app on your phone and tap on what you need at that given moment. Want to find the closest weapon depot? Click the icon, and a marker will appear in the game that points you in the right direction. In desperate need of health? Tap the icon, and suddenly the in-game world will glow with various sources of sustenance. I’m still not entirely sold on the general concept of "the second screen experience," but interesting implementations like this are starting to get me hyped.

All of the Graphics
Yep, you read that correctly. All. Of. The. Graphics. Well, not all of them, but damn does Dead Rising 3 look good. The amount of zombies on screen at any given time is insane (at E3, one member of the team told us that the game has, “a kajillion of them”), and driving a speeding hearse through the crowd without so much as a hiccup makes me (almost) excited to empty my bank account come this fall. It’s one of those things that immediately jumps out and shows the sort of gameplay experiences that are going to capable on this new generation of hardware.
Aside from the shockingly high number of zombies on screen, the other impressive technical aspect of DR3 is the fact that once you’re in the game, you won’t see a loading screen. At no point throughout your traversal of Los Perididos will you have to put down your controller and wait. You can pop in and out of buildings, go scurrying through the sewers, and drive from downtown to the ritzy sunset hills without ever being pulled out of the game. The fact that I can tackle all of Dead Rising 3's Psychopaths (yep, they're back) without a load screen sounds wonderful to me. If only that bored, imaginative kid wandering around Home Depot knew what he’d be getting into some 15 years later.

Lorne Lanning: 'Indies don't matter to Microsoft'

"Microsoft isn't acknowledging people like us" says Oddworld creator

Microsoft is failing to acknowledge smaller studios and indie developers at a business level, according to Oddworld Inhabitant co-founder Lorne Lanning, who has said "it doesn't seem like any of the little guys are on the radar".

Speaking to VG247 about Microsoft's foggy approach to publishing indie games on Xbox One, Lanning recounted the studio's tribulations in releasing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD on Xbox Live Marketplace.

View media item 503535
"The target kept on moving, and eventually we couldn't get clear answers for 15 months," he said. "We were like, 'Look. We're on seven other networks. It's been no-brainers on all of them. We're not asking you for money. We're not asking you for advertising."

"We're little guys, we have to release. We can't get a straight answer. Then we release on PSN, and we get a mail the next day that says, 'Oh, you released on PSN at a lower price point, you didn't meet our margins, sorry you can't be on the system.' Boom. And that was it.

"We're not on the radar. We're little guys. It doesn't seem like any of the little guys are on the radar. When we listen to them talk, we have to laugh. It's pure rhetoric."

Microsoft's current indie game strategy on Xbox One has attracted much ire from developers. Unlike the Xbox 360, the Xbox One's online marketplace will not file games into discrete categories such as 'Xbox Live Arcade' or 'Indie Games', sparking comments that the platform holder is effectively abandoning indie game developers.

Encouraging the idea is Microsoft's policy that indie game developers will not be able to self-publish on Xbox One, and will instead be required to make partnerships with larger game publishers. This strategy is in direct contrast to Sony's approach with the PlayStation 4.

Lanning was one of the numerous developers spotlighted during an indie games portion of Sony's E3 press conference. Recently, Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO and president Jack Tretton played up the role of indie game developers in the current gaming landscape, saying the "Steven Spielbergs of our industry coming out of one- and two-man teams".

Lanning echoed the sentiment, and warned that Microsoft's current strategy could burn bridges it may need to utilise in the future.

"Right now people like us are clearly not in Xbox One's business model. And there's nothing we can do about that," he added. "Ten years from now, the biggest banners out there, the hundred million dollar games, are going to be what happened in the indie community."

"Someone's going to be burning the next hundred million dollar properties here, and it might be the least likely guy that was on that stage at the Sony conference. But that's where it's going to come from, and the smart people know that. I don't see any indication of that foresight up in Redmond. They do not seem to be listening to their audience."

Lanning advised drastic measures to resolve the issues: "It's a bit puzzling. It's clear they're not listening. I'm not sure who they're listening to. Whoever their PR people are, whoever their marketing agents are, they should fire them all. That's where they should start.

"There should be a big, mass firing and they should publicise that. Then they'd get people saying, 'Hey, maybe there's going to be a good change.' But if they keep the rhetoric flowing, obviously everyone's looking at it saying, 'This isn't real.' How are they going to keep what they've got today? That's a big question."

In the wake of criticism, Microsoft has pledged to support indie developers on Xbox One. Before his departure Xbox boss Don Mattrick said the console will "have an independent creator program".

CVG understands Microsoft is preparing for a Gamescom press conference, and may reveal the details of its new indie policy at the show.

Source:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/419902/lorne-lanning-indies-dont-matter-to-microsoft/

Microsoft Lays Out It's Xbox One's Plans

Microsoft's Major Nelson moderated an Xbox One Comic Con panel featuring several producers from games including Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, and the new Forza game.

• Ken Lobb talked about working on Killer Instinct again (he worked on the original game), relaying a story about a particularly dominating player at EVO named Todd. This new player dominated the show's winner stays stage event, remaining undefeated from 8:30 through five. The point of the story is that the footage was all being recorded natively on the Xbox One, and Lobb took footage of his eventual defeat (at the hands of a developer) and edited it together in a clip that was shown at the panel. Lobb also highlighted how Kinect is able to determine who is holding a controller and remap the control depending on their preferences. It's as easy as passing the controls to another signed-in player.

• Dan Greenawalt from Turn 10 began his section by talking about the passion that players have about cars. Then he launched into Driveatar, which is a learning AI that builds opponents based on what it sees from the community – essentially recreating your playstyle and putting yourself into other peoples' games when you aren't near a console. Greenawalt says it's sophisticated enough to learn how to take turns three abreast and perform sophisticated fake-out maneuvers. He showed off gameplay video of a race in Prague that showed off the impressive graphics engine as well as a few glimpses of the Driveatar AI in action.

• Josh Bridge executive producer of Dead Rising 3 joked after showing a particularly gruesome trailer that Dead Rising 3 is obviously a family fun game. Then he contrasted the visual differences between Dead Rising 2 and 3. He showed a slide comparing the map sizes of Dead Rising 1, 2, and 3. You can fit the entirety of the first two games in Dead Rising 3's world with room to spare. We also got to see a shot of a zombie being sliced apart by a laser sword, exposing its innards, while new hero Rick was safely armored in a knight's suit. Bridge wrapped up with a bit about Smartglass integration, where players will get calls, texts, and even picture messages from another character. As he puts it, it's like their version of Otis from the first game.

• Justin Robey, senior producer for Ryse, showed how they're using Smartglass as an optional UI replacement. They can track achievements, monitor progress, and keep UI elements tucked to that second screen so that the game's screen is clutter free. Robey's portion wrapped up with a video highlighting the game's motion capture, which is being recorded at veteran mocap artist Andy Serkis' The Imaginarium Studios.

• Nick Burton, technology developer at Rare, showed Kinect Sports Rivals, the studio's Kinect-based sports game. He started by saying that as much fun as their previous Kinect Sports games might have been, they weren't able to provide a satisfactory level of fidelity. With the new game, they wanted to revisit some old sports as well as create some new ones. First up was the game's wave-racing game. He called previous games "energetic," but that these new games actually allow players to master them thanks to additional layers of nuance. Bowling has also been revamped, since Burton says they're able to better calculate when the ball should be released and exactly how much spin will be on the ball. As a testament to Kinect 2.0, he says a member of the team created a demo where users could accurately sign their names in the air with a finger from four meters away. That became Kinect Sports Rivals' target-shooting game. Burton wrapped up by showing the face-scanning tech, which creates a caricature of a player's face, complete with silly exaggerated expressions. Scanning a face takes about 20 seconds.

Moments from the Q&A

A young gamer attending Comic Con as part of a Make-A-Wish Foundation wish asked for the Xbox One's release date. Major Nelson told him more answers were coming this summer, before saying he'd hoped that wasn't the kid's only wish.

Another player asked whether the Xbox One would be their next console, or if the PS4 would be the one. Someone from the crowd immediately shouted, "Sit down!"

Someone expressed disappointment about Lionhead's Project Milo was canceled, saying that they would have liked to interact with a sophisticated AI. Lobb says that he thinks players will be seeing things like Milo in the future, particularly with the voice controls. He gave an example of going into a shop in a game, asking to buy a red potion with a follow-up, "And how's your wife?"

In response to a question about the new Kinect's distance restrictions, Burton said that the new Kinect can be played a meter away from the device..

Microsoft

Our vision is that every person can be a creator. That every Xbox One can be used for development. That every game and experience can take advantage of all of the features of Xbox One and Xbox LIVE. This means self-publishing. This means Kinect, the cloud, achievements. This means great discoverability on Xbox LIVE. We'll have more details on the program and the timeline at gamescom in August.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-every-xbox-one-can-be-used-to-make-games-898750954

AWESOME news. Best thing I've heard about the X1 yet. Granted, I have no programming/design experience whatsoever, but it'll still be cool being able to have that option to learn at home and see what I could cook up. Plus seeing what all the talented people out there will do having easier access to a development console. Indies will be able to self publish now too :smokin

People spoke with their wallets and it's forcing Ms to go back on all the bad polices they had, wish people would do this more often

Last edited:
Question for usb flash drives for the 360.

Do I have to use the SanDisk one, or can I use any?

Last edited:
Any flashdrive is okay. I watch movies with my external Buffalo HDD (must be in FAT32 format) and it works just fine.

So I just purchased office 365 for a month to get Xbox live and it's been hell trying to get my code. Smh

Back
Top Bottom