NT, Is This Proper Usage of a Semi-Colon

"try ********, I don't know how far back they go, but they're usually pretty good; even with your %$@*+$ internet"

"try ********, I don't know how far back they go, but they're usually pretty good; even with your %$@*+$ internet"

Originally Posted by 8KBMJ23

nope; the phrase after the semicolon should be a complete sentence.
True, but a comma - or even a dash - should go after "Nope", since it isn't an independent clause.

Originally Posted by 8KBMJ23

nope; the phrase after the semicolon should be a complete sentence.
True, but a comma - or even a dash - should go after "Nope", since it isn't an independent clause.

i edited a 6 page paper in a 300 level english class the other day of a girl that used like 19 semi-colons. there arent that many semi-colons in war and peace.

i edited a 6 page paper in a 300 level english class the other day of a girl that used like 19 semi-colons. there arent that many semi-colons in war and peace.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom