People with anxiety or panic attacks ....

This thread is a good read, had to bring it back up because I have recently started dating someone with anxiety and depressive disorder. I believe that's what it's called. Anyways just a question for anyone who may know, does this condition causes the person to have a bad attitude at times? Starting off everything was great, we didn't argue or anything. Fast forward a few months after we have established that we have mutual feelings for one another and now sometimes she's easily offended at things she normally would not get offended by. Recently she has also taken small issues or misunderstandings and they end up being big issues that last hours at a time. Trying to talk thru the problem is usually a no go and my end of the conversation is pretty much nonexistent. Sometimes she would come back and apologize after she cools and other times she would hit me the next day as if nothing happened. I have been patient for a while but at times I feel the need to just end it. She talks about us breaking up but I believe that's her anxiety trying to get her to run away from the real issue at hand. After she explained her condition after a few flip outs I can understand a bit more as to why she do what she does. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has dated someone with anxiety and if those were the same sort of symptoms that they have witnessed. I have googled it but none of the sites were quite specific. Any input would help sorry for the long read guys.

Last edited:
This thread is a good read, had to bring it back up because I have recently started dating someone with anxiety and depressive disorder. I believe that's what it's called. Anyways just a question for anyone who may know, does this condition causes the person to have a bad attitude at times? Starting off everything was great, we didn't argue or anything. Fast forward a few months after we have established that we have mutual feelings for one another and now sometimes she's easily offended at things she normally would not get offended by. Recently she has also taken small issues or misunderstandings and they end up being big issues that last hours at a time. Trying to talk thru the problem is usually a no go and my end of the conversation is pretty much nonexistent. Sometimes she would come back and apologize after she cools and other times she would hit me the next day as if nothing happened. I have been patient for a while but at times I feel the need to just end it. She talks about us breaking up but I believe that's her anxiety trying to get her to run away from the real issue at hand. After she explained her condition after a few flip outs I can understand a bit more as to why she do what she does. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has dated someone with anxiety and if those were the same sort of symptoms that they have witnessed. I have googled it but none of the sites were quite specific. Any input would help sorry for the long read guys.

If you haven't' watch these

They made a world of difference for me.

Me and my girl have been together for about a year and a half. She is diagnosed depressed and takes prozac and kaladapin (sp?) for anxiety/panic attacks. And bipolar runs in her family (grandfather)

Your story sounds way too familiar. Over the year and a half we have broken up 3 times or so? The smallest things turn into a huge fight as if she just wants to fight. I am a very even/level minded person. I struggle to handle things that are so not realistic. Like getting mad because I answer a question a certain way that she doesn't like and then i get shut out for 6 hours. We have wasted many of days with her laying in bed and me trying to console her for 4-5 hours.

Its a constant struggle for me. It's hard to figure out if im trying to save her or I am really in a mutual mature relationship. When she has her moment of clarity its glorious. When we are great we are great. Its the best relationship i have ever been in. She is so loving and caring. But with the high highs there are really low lows.

We honestly haven't' gone a month without a small fight of some sort that will drag on way too long. I wish i had an answer for you but i empathize with you so so much. The only advice i can give is that yes some times the harsh words are the depression talking. And it is very hard in the moment to say to yourself "she doesn't' really mean this". Try to not let them drag you down. It happens but pull yourself out of the spiral and do something small to keep yourself happy or sane.

Good luck famb and i will check back in here if anything changes on my end. I am at the point where its make or break for me. I get scared that if she has to carry my child she will go through a bout of depression and it will effect my future kid. Or she will not be able to handle full motherhood and panic. I know people outside of my relationship tell me to run or it will never work...but this girl makes me feel things in life i have never felt so it isn't that easy for me.

Me and my girl have been together for about a year and a half. She is diagnosed depressed and takes prozac and kaladapin (sp?) for anxiety/panic attacks. And bipolar runs in her family (grandfather)

Your story sounds way too familiar. Over the year and a half we have broken up 3 times or so? The smallest things turn into a huge fight as if she just wants to fight. I am a very even/level minded person. I struggle to handle things that are so not realistic. Like getting mad because I answer a question a certain way that she doesn't like and then i get shut out for 6 hours. We have wasted many of days with her laying in bed and me trying to console her for 4-5 hours.

Its a constant struggle for me. It's hard to figure out if im trying to save her or I am really in a mutual mature relationship. When she has her moment of clarity its glorious. When we are great we are great. Its the best relationship i have ever been in. She is so loving and caring. But with the high highs there are really low lows.

We honestly haven't' gone a month without a small fight of some sort that will drag on way too long. I wish i had an answer for you but i empathize with you so so much. The only advice i can give is that yes some times the harsh words are the depression talking. And it is very hard in the moment to say to yourself "she doesn't' really mean this". Try to not let them drag you down. It happens but pull yourself out of the spiral and do something small to keep yourself happy or sane.

Good luck famb and i will check back in here if anything changes on my end. I am at the point where its make or break for me. I get scared that if she has to carry my child she will go through a bout of depression and it will effect my future kid. Or she will not be able to handle full motherhood and panic. I know people outside of my relationship tell me to run or it will never work...but this girl makes me feel things in life i have never felt so it isn't that easy for me.

Those vids are a good look man thanks!

So glad you ran into this thread man. I had that situation last night where I took something the wrong way and I apologized for it but it was too late, she proceeded to stay on the phone with me but the last two hours consisted of me trying to explain why I took it the wrong way, and why she wasn't believing it. The thing with her is she's pretty snappy. She says a lot of things that make you want to react but at times you kinda have to watch what you say because she can def dish it out but she can't take any bit of it. It's hard because she's not slow to confront you she will let you know if there's a issue and usually if she has to speak on it it's a down hill battle. Just recently found out that she takes meds but does not take them everyday. She says she doesn't want to become dependent on them but it's clear in my opinion that she needs them more then not. I'm feeling like you, idk if I'm trying to save her or what, but since Friday we have been back and forth over nonsense in my opinion and one misunderstanding can kill a whole day of positive activities. I feel like I'm taking one step forward and two steps backwards at times.

Last edited:
tumblr_mspue633h21s9c00uo1_500.gif

Negative weed will usually amplify anxiety and fear with people who have the disorders.
Lets take this thread seriously and cut out the silly stuff bra.

Weed is not a solution for anxiety nor depression

Negative weed will usually amplify anxiety and fear with people who have the disorders.
Lets take this thread seriously and cut out the silly stuff bra.

Weed is not a solution for anxiety nor depression

No offense but you sound just as silly for saying it's not a solution. It really depends on the strain. It CAN be a solution for anxiety or depression or it could severely amplify.

With that said, I wouldn't self medicate, would set up an appointment at a dispensary where they grow high CBD/low THC strains and start small.

It may very well be the best solution for some people.

It CAN be a solution for anxiety or depression or it could severely amplify.

Yea lets get medicated with a substance that causes a dependency that can potentially  trigger anxiety and depression with or  even worse going without.

Yea that's sounds like a sound solid solution there fella....

Make an argument that isn't agreeing with half of what I said.

Last edited:
I can see CBD oil helping, maybe a strain with very low thc high CBD, but not enough thc to get you lifted.

lol. Real talk i have some random anxieties. Need ur guys opinion on this. 

Say you have a strong desire to make ur college basketball team. And then this show comes on and its about how this character does not make his college basketball team. Same thing with a movie.

Does that make me anxious for not wanting to watch it or should I just go ahead and watch it?

Being called anti-social because your anxiety won't even let you be in public without feeling out of breath or overwhelmed in a crowded place :smh: :smh:

How do you explain anxiety to someone that blows you off as crazy when you actually tell them How you feel .

Dont feel bad, they just dont understand. Its also hard to describe these things.

I dont have knowledge about that type of anxiety, but maybe introducing yourself to small groups, and then working your way up can help? Like go shopping in a low key grocery store, walk through the mall when its empty, then try walking through the mall when theres a decent crowd, then work your way up until youre fine being at a packed bar or concert

Last edited:
Dont feel bad, they just dont understand. Its also hard to describe these things.

I dont have knowledge about that type of anxiety, but maybe introducing yourself to small groups, and then working your way up can help? Like go shopping in a low key grocery store, walk through the mall when its empty, then try walking through the mall when theres a decent crowd, then work your way up until youre fine being at a packed bar or concert

That's what I did today fam. Went to the mall around 12 and it was pretty empty and copped what I needed and was ready to bounce. But since I didn't drive I had to wait for the others and after couple hours that's when it started to get overwhelming. They wanted to go to a different mall but I couldn't do it. Had to go home.

Last edited:
i think it depends on HOW someone is chiefing...

using bud as a coping mechanism probably isn't a good thing, especially if they have tendency to isolate and withdrawal from those they are closest with...

burning one with a few people could be good in a "pow wow" type of setting, social smoking isnt bad if it spurs positive conversations and meaningful interactions, at least thats my opinion...

Theres oils to fix all this.
Herbs & Oils Thread coming soon...
Interested.

I had to say F it and get a script for Klonipin but I only take like .25mg if that per day. I'm extremely sensitive to everything, another reason why I've never been a successful weed smoker
laugh.gif

Those vids are a good look man thanks!

So glad you ran into this thread man. I had that situation last night where I took something the wrong way and I apologized for it but it was too late, she proceeded to stay on the phone with me but the last two hours consisted of me trying to explain why I took it the wrong way, and why she wasn't believing it. The thing with her is she's pretty snappy. She says a lot of things that make you want to react but at times you kinda have to watch what you say because she can def dish it out but she can't take any bit of it. It's hard because she's not slow to confront you she will let you know if there's a issue and usually if she has to speak on it it's a down hill battle. Just recently found out that she takes meds but does not take them everyday. She says she doesn't want to become dependent on them but it's clear in my opinion that she needs them more then not. I'm feeling like you, idk if I'm trying to save her or what, but since Friday we have been back and forth over nonsense in my opinion and one misunderstanding can kill a whole day of positive activities. I feel like I'm taking one step forward and two steps backwards at times.

this is too true man

I know nothing about the meds and how they work but my girl sees doctors. They tell her not to drink or do drugs while on her meds since it messes with the receptors. Things don't end well when she drinks after taking meds trust me.

We are currently in an exceptionally great place. Yesterday she got really overwhelmed with her week (work, internship, babysitting, 3 family birthdays, a bachelorette party...a whole lot in 5 days). She cried about being super super anxious about it but we talked it out. I told her that its there, its coming, but focus on the here and now. All you can do is worth with the now. We have a few hours to have fun on sunday before we dive into the week. And even then we attack it a day at a time. She pulled her self out of the spiral quicker than i have ever seen before. It really felt great. All that being said...if this week is hard and she can't handle it, i will feel like no progress was made.

But for now I am super positive on life in general.

Awesome to hear that bro. Me and mine are doing better.. she does not tKe her meds only because she don't like pills. That's unacceptable to me. So now I'm in the process of trying to convince her she needs to take them or atleast find easier ways to help her get the pills down. Not to mention she is pregnant. I'm sure those two are the reason she damn near went bat crazy on me

I have anxiety everyday.

My parents, wife , and brother all say if I had the ability to make a career out of giving others anxiety I'd be rich :lol:

Most of the time I just try to step back and breathe.. the gym helps me a lot and so does weed. My dogs also keep me calm too.

Panic attacks tho, I have no solution. Just a helpless feeling.

Last edited:
Awesome to hear that bro. Me and mine are doing better.. she does not tKe her meds only because she don't like pills. That's unacceptable to me. So now I'm in the process of trying to convince her she needs to take them or atleast find easier ways to help her get the pills down. Not to mention she is pregnant. I'm sure those two are the reason she damn near went bat crazy on me

@Brabbit1  thats whats up. 

This whole time I thought I was having panic attacks but it's something different...I'll do something anxious,for example like if I hear a negative or depressing song from kid cudi, I'll change the song. Then right after I'll condemn myself for being "scared" and not "man enough" to listen to that song. 

So pretty much I continuously condemn myself for actions that I think are "weak" and "anxious" and then after I condemn myself I get extremely stressed -Crippling stress, tension, and discomfort. What can I do about this?

Last edited:
The first Man on the moon from cudi really helped me get through some depression when it first came out. I felt like I could relate to a lot of the songs.

@tydurden377 when I start getting like that I usually stop listening to music all together and take deep breaths. Tell myself to stop being a little girl( I can be harsh on myself lol) keep your head up fam

My anxiety and stress has been bothering me and effecting me significantly lately.

I'm so consumed with that the future holds ever since I was laid off a year ago. I haven't been able to find a job I like and I've basically been treading water financially and socially because of it. Constantly worrying about the future makes it really hard to live in the moment and enjoy life.

Main symptoms are general nervousness, tension in my neck/traps/shoulders/pecs. No panic attacks per se.

Anyone else experiencing or has experienced this and have advice and/or words of encouragement?

Back
Top Bottom