Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it's not like i haven't been to church before, hopefully I don't spontaneously combust. I used to go with my Seventh Day Adventist friends a lot. My step dad is a seventh day, so that could be a good one to start with. Or I could just take it back to my Catholic roots, I haven't been to a Catholic church in like 15 years. I just remember it terrified me as a kid. Baptist church's seem like the most fun and the best bet for good food.

I will post my experience, when I decide the best way to approach this.

Sounds good. You would get the most accurate "Biblical truth" from a Baptist Church. Catholicism barely applies the Bible accurately ( and im saying that nicely). I thought it was a stereotype but, Baptists do gets bizzy with food aswell.

Sounds good. You would get the most accurate "Biblical truth" from a Baptist Church. Catholicism barely applies the Bible accurately ( and im saying that nicely). I thought it was a stereotype but, Baptists do gets bizzy with food aswell.
I assume one would rather go to Biblical scholars for "Biblical truth".

Also, smrndmdude makes a lot of interesting points about the Bible that do not agree with what Baptists believe. 

I clearly said "biblical truth" was not my intent. Everybody thinks their religion or sect is most accurate, why the hell should I believe you? :nerd: Isn' t the Catholic Church a lot older than the Baptist church. Shouldn't "purity" of the message be based on age? :nerd:

I mean this mentality is everything that is wrong with christianity, do you people really believe going to a certain church is what gives you the truth from the bible? What's stopping me from just going to the source myself without being lectured to?

I do know last time I went to a Baptist church, they hooked a brotha up with some good grub. :smokin

Which church has the best looking women?

Last edited:
There is truth in what Anton said, the first place a person who is looking for truth should look at is the source.

Bible scholars are a weird bunch, a good number of people who go to divinity schools usually end up up borderline atheist and just stick with it because they have no transferable skills.

The Catholic church is weird, being catholic ranges from place to place...and as for its longevity, historical corruption within its ranks makes its claim to 'christian authenticity' quite dubious.

I only was only pulling churches out of the ones he talked about choosing from.
He mention 7day, Baptist, and Catholic. I said nothing about perfect Bib Truth only
from the ones he discussed. But then again hes not looking for that, only food n chix. i live n let live.

Then I have to ask whats the difference between 'how organisms evolved' and 'individual theories of evolution'?  I don't see a difference. A theory is an unproved idea? 

A theory stays unproven until there is enough data and research to make it into a scientific law. Meaning that it always happens a certain way.  Basically, there are no laws of eveloution because it happens over extended period of time.

I am just trying to understand the language and word meaning.
You're confusing the dictionaries definition of theory and actual scientific theory. In science, theory is bigger than scientific laws and etc...

especially when the response contributes nothing.

Yep especially when the response contributes nothing to your own opinions.

I guess this is the first time on NT, someone has ever sided with and defended someone in an argument directed at someone else. This is the FIRST time that's ever happened. In the history of NT. You guys are pioneers man, give yourselves a pat on the back. :D
Don't mind his passive aggressive pandering. He doesn't even believe in anything he's posting. Just here to troll with semantics.
^^^That was surprisingly refreshing. Carry on.

Anyhow I'm thinking about attending church recreationally. Anyone else do this? They got good food, women, and a potential for networking. :nerd:

That doesn't seem like a good idea. A rather bad idea in my head. :lol:
I mean sure if you came in wild expressive with it and some negative agenda. Go in lying and it can be a gold mine. Definitely good food, you know they'll be a few weak minded that will sin so there's the women trying to be good, and it can be good for networking depending on what you trying to do or may randomly need one day.

Last edited:
I only was only pulling churches out of the ones he talked about choosing from.
He mention 7day, Baptist, and Catholic. I said nothing about perfect Bib Truth only
from the ones he discussed. But then again hes not looking for that, only food n chix. i live n let live.
Yeah, I got what he meant. But I was just commenting on both of your observations (catholicism, and search for truth).

If he grew up seventh day, they are pretty hardcore on their 'getting to know the bible' , and they obviously disagree with catholics.

But the catholic church is were all the white women at though.

Last edited:
I clearly said "biblical truth" was not my intent. Everybody thinks their religion or sect is most accurate, why the hell should I believe you? :nerd: Isn' t the Catholic Church a lot older than the Baptist church. Shouldn't "purity" of the message be based on age? :nerd:

I mean this mentality is everything that is wrong with christianity, do you people really believe going to a certain church is what gives you the truth from the bible? What's stopping me from just going to the source myself without being lectured to?

I do know last time I went to a Baptist church, they hooked a brotha up with some good grub. :smokin

Which church has the best looking women?

Catholicism conflicts more with the bible than
tina conflicted wit ike.

Im sayin since you thinking about goin, Baptist is a better experience.
Never said I was Baptist.

Its always better to go to the source tho.View media item 239274

Last edited:
Yeah, I got what he meant. But I was just commenting on both of your observations (catholicism, and search for truth).

If he grew up seventh day, they are pretty hardcore on their 'getting to know the bible' , and they obviously disagree with catholics.

But the catholic church is were all the white women at though.

View media item 239284

I'm a baptized catholic and even got my holy communion, I'd fit right in. :evil:

i kept on going to (catholic) church after a while i knew i didnt believe, mainly cause of i was going with my family and hope to see some friends or maybe meet a cute chick lol srs. it was just the community vibe. but that was when i was younger. id do the networking, women thing but once youll do it youll get reminded that aint nobody got time fo dat. brb spending 1 hour a week but really spending 3 to 4 hours mentally with going and coming back from it. is it worth the maybe meeting that one person. unless youre talking about joining youth groups...but even then that would take even longer. i dont think just dropping anytime you please will look good on you. plus im sure the praying and stuff will piss you off. and "religious" girls are prone to let themselves make mistakes lulz :evil: but then they get emo cause they "good" people. thats extra baggage. but if you just wants da poon, then you might not care. lol.

Last edited:

No matter what side of the fence you're on, no matter what God or religion you believe in, it's safe to say that if there is a "Hell" -an eternal afterlife of torture, misery and suffering, it will consist of Muse records being played on a never ending loop.

Last edited:
Have Certain Sins Been Phased Out Of The Christian Belief System?

Stuff like sex before marriage and not listening to secular music. I don't know anyone that follows these "rules." Have they been oudated?

But question of the secular music. Secular music isn't allowed supposedly, but secular television is?

Stuff like sex before marriage and not listening to secular music. I don't know anyone that follows these "rules." Have they been oudated?

But question of the secular music. Secular music isn't allowed supposedly, but secular television is?
are you nigerian?

people pick and choose the rules of their religion that they actually want to abide by.

which is hypocisy at it's finest..

IMO there's no such thing as halfway christians/muslim/etc.. you're either 100% down, or just fronting.

people pick and choose the rules of their religion that they actually want to abide by.

IMO there's no such thing as halfway christians/muslim/etc.. you're either 100% down, or just fronting.

agreed

Bingo. It's just hypocrisy to me. Never met a self-proclaimed Christian who actually abided by every single rule in the Bible.

But they all think all they have to do is be sorry and Big G will forgive them and let them into the pearly gates?

But they all think all they have to do is be sorry and Big G will forgive them and let them into the pearly gates?

Isn't the purpose to learn from your mistakes and not commit that sin again? Yet people still do it repeatedly? Everything is just hypocrisy and DC made a good point about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom