Reports of a "mass casualty" situation @ nightclub in Orlando shooting

I totally get that but the whole thing took more than 3 hours. How does that happen?

Did he have hostages most of the time? How much ammo did he have? Wouldn't he have to be really organized or trained to last that long?
It took three hours because yes at one point he had hostages in the bathroom. Police won't just rush in at that point without a plan.

I've only been a gun owner for a short time but I'm going full right wing, NRA member, if any legislation passes that makes it harder for me to buy guns. The hoops I had to jump through were already BS enough.

Some states have it too easy though.

I live in the "easiest" state to buy guns and I still was denied initially.

Outside of speeding tickets I've never done anything wrong in my life from a criminal perspective.

The system is pointless if people like me trying to do it the right way are getting jammed up but this dude ain't.
Agreed. which is why it should be strict across the board, not more lax for your personal selfish reasons.

If you want a gun, then jump through them hoops. And if you have to jump through those same hoops three times, do it.

Protecting my family isn't a selfish personal reason. FOH.
I'm calling you saying the process is too difficult selfish.

If you would like to protect your family using a tool used primarily to take human lives (which you indeed have every right to do), I still think the process should be greuling for everyone.

It's not impossible to become a licensed owner. It's extremely difficult, but it isn't impossible.

You want things to be more lax because you personally had a tough time getting one? That's how it came off.

It should have been just as difficult for the shooter to get a hold of a gun. That's the problem. The problem isn't that it's too hard to get guns, IMO.

try getting a gun legally in NYC... might as well look for unicorns rocking reebok yeezys.

da 2nd amendments is there b...aint going no where...cant make a fundamental right a "grueling exercise"

I saw a report a while ago that said some people where laying on the ground and he would shoot them too. At least thats what that report said.

Dang that is crazy. It's so strange to he how some good people can have such horrendous deaths. All you can really do is hope for the best these days .

The NRA and some of its members are pretty big against "smart" gun technology.

If you're a gun store owner even thinking about selling smart guns, you're gonna get death threats. LINK

:wow:  WHY though!

I don't get it man I just don't :lol:

if a gun gets stolen from its owner with that type of technology... imagine getting implicated in a murder you ain't commit cuz u lost ur gun...see da 1st Judge Dredd movie.

That Armatix smart gun which cost about $2,000 for the gun and watch? :lol: It sucks bad! Who the hell wants a gun that is dependent on a battery? This isn't HALO!?! Bottom line, no one will buy this crap when you can buy a regular Glock for a 1/3 of the price.

Last edited:
You can get a legal firearm in NYC, it's a pretty straight forward process, but it takes months for it to be cleared and involves a lot of paper work and an interview at a police station...I was considering getting one some years ago

Last edited:
Banning all guns isn't an option for America but at the very least these assault rifles should be banned entirely. There's simply no reason anyone should be allowed to have that. Handguns are a better choice for self defense purposes anyway.
You guys just got bombed by dudes that stayed strapped lol.
yes, lol. that is hilarious.

i thought this was a thread about 50 people getting murdered in cold blood but thankfully i walked into the comedy thread.

Last edited:
You can get a legal firearm in NYC, it's a pretty straight forward process, but it takes months for it to be cleared and involves a lot of paper work and an interview at a police station...I was considering getting one some years ago

i tried getting a gun when i had my security license.. bottomline is one police plaza has to see reason why you need one..thats da catch.

Last edited:
i tried getting a gun when i had my security license.. bottomline is one police plaza has to see reason why you need one..thats da catch.
what was their basis for denying you? couldnt you say you wanted it for protection at home?

so if Drumpf wanted to ban Muslims because some members of their group commit terrorist acts, I guess now he'll call for us to ban anyone who is against same-sex marriage?

wait, that's too mild for Drumpf. Drumpf likes to go large. Instead, he should ban all social conservatives. Get them out, immediately. Let's secure our borders. No more self-hating closeted conservatives. ****.

so if Drumpf wanted to ban Muslims because some members of their group commit terrorist acts, I guess now he'll call for us to ban anyone who is against same-sex marriage?

wait, that's too mild for Drumpf. Drumpf likes to go large. Instead, he should ban all social conservatives. Get them out, immediately. Let's secure our borders. No more self-hating closeted conservatives. ****.

Bruh, if he wins, people throw this around but, we in da last days

you have to convince them to have a credible reason to possess a gun.
If you fall into any of these categories you can't have one in NY

PERSONS PROHIBITED FROM POSSESSING FIREARMS TITLE 18, UNITED STATES CODE, SECTION 922g

ANYONE UNDER INDICTMENT FOR A CRIME FOR WHICH THEY COULD BE IMPRISONED FOR MOR THAN ONE YEAR.

ANYONE CONVICTED OF A CRIME FOR WHICH THEY COULD HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR. 

ANYONE WHO IS AN UNLAWFUL USER OF MARIJUANA, NARCOTICS OR ANY CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. 

ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN ADJUDICATED MENTALLY DEFECTIVE OR INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED TO A MENTAL INSTITUTION. 

ANYONE DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED FROM THE ARMED FORCES.  ANYONE IN THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY. 

ANYONE SUBJECT TO A COURT ORDER RESTRAINING THEM FROM HARASSING, STALKING OR THREATENING AN INTIMATE PARTNER OR CHILD OF A PARTNER. 

ANYONE CONVICTED OF A MISDEMEANOR CRIME OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

A PROHIBITED PERSON CANNOT RECEIVE OR POSSESS A FIREARM. 

PREMISES LICENSE: ISSUED FOR YOUR RESIDENCE OR BUSINESS, THIS IS A RESTRICTED TYPE OF LICENSE. The Licensee may possess a handgun at the specific location indicated on the front of the license. This license permits the transporting of an unloaded handgun directly to and from an authorized small arms range/shooting club, secured unloaded in a locked container. Ammunition must be carried separately. 

SPECIAL CARRY LICENSE: IS VALID FOR THE BUSINESS NAME, ADDRESS AND FIREARMS(S) LISTED ON THE FRONT OF THIS LICENSE ONLY WHILE THE LICENSEE HAS IN HIS POSSESSION HIS VALID BASIC COUNTY LICENSE ISSUED ACCORDING TO THE PROVISIONS OF ARTICLE 400 OF THE N.Y.S. PENAL LAW. UPON THE REVOCATION, SUSPENSION, OR CANCELLATION OF THE BASIC LICENSE, THE SPECIAL LICENSE IS RENDERED VOID AND MUST BE IMMEDIATELY RETURNED TO THE LICENSE DIVISION. 

You can apply for these two types of licenses if you want one at home or on your person 

Back
Top Bottom