Seriously though, whats Cali like?

Which part of Cali has the best beaches? Always wanted to go and bum there for a summer.

If you don't mind thick wetsuits and love cold beer and danky dank, the north coast is where it's at.

california is the best place anywhere. im from cali and have lived in like 5 states and over 10 cities and theres no place like it

c0neV3rgE wrote:
does it rain alot over there?

It really varies. Generally, the more north and close to the coast you go the more rain there is and the less rain there is the more inland you go and thefurther south you go.

Northwest California is like the Pacific Northwest, it rains there a lot and is covered in pine tress and the East and South East are some of the world'sdriest deserts. Most of the state get more rain than cities in the Desert but much less than cities east of the Mississippi. There are definite micro-climateswhere temperates and rain fall will vary a lot due to geography. There are some places, like the foothills above Ojai that get three times as much rain as theareas nearby and those foot hills are covered in dense oak forests and just a few dozen miles away, similar foothills over Santa Barbara are dry and almostdesert like.

When it comes to rainfall, the entire State has one thing in common, it almost never rains in the summer. It is in accurate to say that it never rains inCalifornia but for people who come from East of the Rockies and come here for a long trip in the summer, it will feel like it never rains here because you cango weeks and weeks and often times an entire extended summer (from April through October) with not even any drizzle. It is foggy in California though, at leastnear the coast and it is that fog that makes summers so great near the coast, if you live within a mile or so of the cold Pacific Ocean, you have natural airconditioning and while it can be 100 degrees just a few miles inland, it will be 25 or 30 degrees cooler.

Cali is the best
pimp.gif

theword wrote:
Which part of Cali has the best beaches? Always wanted to go and bum there for a summer.

If you really care about surfing, you should get a wet suit and go up to San Luis Obispo County, which is half way between LA and San Francisco. The downsideis that the water is cold all year there.

If you care about good waves and also having good water, go to Laguna beach or anywhere in South Orang County or Northern San Diego County. The water goes fromintolerable to tolerable when you go around point conception in Santa Barbara County but it comes from tolerable to nice in the summer time, when you go southof the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Los Angeles County. Those southern most 80 miles or so of beaches are the warmest but the northern third or so is still alittle dirty because it is so close to LA and the big cities of North Orange County but the lightly populated and warm beachs of New Port, Dana Point, LagunaBeach, Ocean Side and San Clemente give you a range of wave intensity and type and the water is so warm that you need no wet suit or partial wet suit and thewater is so clear that when you surf, you can see eight to fifteen feet to the bottom and so the schools of tiny fish underneath you.

When you take into account those factors and the town itself, I recommend Lajuna beach. New port is really expensive and a little stuck up while Laguna isusually cooler, more alid back, more artistic and somewhat less expensive. Laguna beach has a vibrant community of artists, unique architecture and most of myfavorite resturants that are not in the wine country or in the big cities.

I just spent my first day here in Cali. No doubt seems like a great place to live, but I can't afford living here.

I'm trying to go grad school in 2010 in Cali...LA

If i get accepted...I'll spend atleast the next 15-20 years of my life there...if not the rest of my life...

Rexanglorum, you forgot Half Moon Bay (for that matter, all along "Devil's Slide") for beaches!

That, and my hometown of Pacifica...we have a damn Taco Bell on the beach! lol.

It is windy/foggy, though...

Back
Top Bottom