Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You all are trippin and acting like you aren't going to see the spin off movies.You all know you will pre order tickets and line up to watch them and see them multiple times just like most of us are or have done with The Force Awakens :lol:

Star Wars: Rogue One already sounds good and it drops less than a year from now on December 16 2016 and then boom 5 months later Episode VIII's hits us in May 2017.

Felicity Jones in Rogue One 
embarassed.gif
nthat.gif

My somewhat gripe is the lack of details on how the Jedi/sith make their sabers. And this is in all films.

Like now after Kylo got washed and his crossguard saber got 86d he's gonna get a new one. I wish there would have been a little history explained about it in there film. Especially since it's the most unique since maul's but it was way different because it seemed like a fractured saber.

Le sigh

pwpocvv09bwpvjc1xuzx.gif

Last edited:
Yeah i thought it was a crudely made saver but apparently not. I really need more backstory and details about ao much of this movie

I was right...

And this guy 

Who even has a name and action figure were both cut.

They did show the Knights in the flash back just not that exact shot.

Can someone point me to all the new EU stuff? Comics, books, cartoons?

I troed google but didnt see a good list

@Master Zik kingkoopa kingkoopa Sorry gents, went straight to sleep after posting that lol one benefit of this site over the Star Wars one is that I can use spoilers to keep the post from being gigantic.

Just came from seeing the film and I wanted to post a review while everything is fresh in my mind. With time my opinion of some things/events is bound to change to some extent, but right now I can honestly say that this is my least favorite Star Wars film. I went in pretty hyped for this and that's rare for me in terms of movies, but its freaking Star Wars so I can't help it. :tongue: Plus the trailers were all top notch, perfectly designed to tug at the heartstrings. So that being said, this film just didn't manage to live up to my hype. Not something unique to this film, but it is what it is. Covering both the good and the bad, the first thing I have to say is about Poe. His character in general surprised me. I had little to no knowledge of this film going in so I didn't know about him at all. Looking back, I remember a scene of him flying being in the trailer, but I honestly assumed he'd just be some random and expendable pilot. He wasn't though and while he doesn't get as much screentime as Finn or Ray he's honestly my favorite of the three. Witty, charismatic, somewhat sure of himself, ability to stay cool under pressure, and fighting for a good cause. Simple, nothing groundbreaking, but i'd read a book about this guy any day of the week and would certainly watch a film about him.

Finn

Finn..started off good, but steadily declined throughout the film. I felt that the character was specifically given a lot of humurous comments for some reason and all they did was take me out of the film. That's really never happened for me in a Star Wars film. (Last time something like this happened in fact is when I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy and Quill's 80's music kept playing. Completely threw me off.) And this goes beyond just this character. At various points, from the things people were saying to the things I was viewing (In terms of various settings, such as the planet Luke's on at the end, specifically the hill him and Ray are standing on) just didn't feel like Star Wars to me. This ended up making me feel as if I was watching another film entirely at points, but with Star Wars references then thrown in. Like I was shocked when an old character like C-3P0 or Leia would appear, because they looked so darn out of place in the film I was watching. Back to Finn, this character just didn't pull me in. I didn't really go in expecting him to be some instant hero or anything, but I still expected more, even from a Storm Trooper. Dude's constantly panicking and at the same time I don't think a good job was done explaining just why he out of all the troopers had chosen to betray the First Order. His background wasn't explained anywhere near well enough for me to really buy into his story. Did like his constant position as a shooter rather than a pilot however, as it's just a nice change. What I didn't like was him using the lightsaber, specifically against Kylo Ren. Honestly, he should've been killed in a few seconds. He doesn't seem to have the Force and he has no training with the blade. There should literally be no comparison to him and Ren, yet somehow he held off Ren for a good minute! This then leads into Rey.

Rey

She also should've been swiftly killed and the bit with her resisting Ren's power and then turning it against him was terrible. An untrained Force Sensitive, whose only blatant experience with the Force was an illusion she had earlier that day is capable of not only resisting a person that's been training in and utilizing it for years, but can then defeat that person in a lightsaber duel?! :rolleyes: Disney tried to make up for it to some extent by having Ren be wounded by Chewie, but even that's not enough to really make it ok in my eyes. That Jedi Mind Trick thing was more of the same. Just everything that had to do with her using the Force after the illusion was terrible, plain and simple. Before that however, I really had no complaints with her character by itself. I think that the writers laid on the ship tease between her and Finn WAY too heavily. They're not even a couple and i'd already call them the worst pairing in the series (The currently canon series). Doesn't help that I didn't see any chemistry between the actors. However, I kind of liked Ray from the start. Simple girl, living in the desert , with an affinity for technology/mechanics. Similar to Poe there's a definite comparison to Han and Luke as well, but not to the point that I was insulted by it. Outside of whatever she has going on with the Force, i'd actually like to see more of her.

Han

And then there's Han...I'm hesitant to say it's a flaw for a film to kill a character, but there are a few reasons that I think this was the wrong move. First and foremost they killed Han ****ing Solo man. :_| I'll be honest, I could have gone my entire life without seeing that scene and been just fine. But even then, it wasn't necessarily a badly done scene. I felt real emotion coming from both actors as they spoke to each other and the way the scene was done, with the light fading leading up to Han's death, was excellent and reminded me of other great moments in the franchise. At the same time, why kill him off in the first film? That just seems like a waste of an excellent, classic character. Not only does he bring a lot to the franchise on his own, and with his relationships with the other classic characters, but he brings a lot to the table in terms of Kylo Ren. Honestly? This scene would have held so much more weight had it been built up further from this film, into the next film, and taken place in the 9th film. It could've easily been something akin to Luke facing Vader again on the Second Death Star. Yet it wasn't, because it came about in the same film that we meet Kylo Ren, when we're still getting to know him as a character. It therefore loses a lot of the impact it could have had. So even if we see Han's death as something that had to happen, it just could've been done better.

Kylo Ren

Leading into Kylo Ren, he was both better and worse than I expected. There's more depth to him than I thought there'd be. For one, I wasn't expecting him to be Han and Leia's son, and by extension Vader's grandson. I was honestly expecting him to be a former pupil of Vader's and really nothing more. Forging those connections is a good thing that can be used for some great writing opportunities down the line and even in terms of any stories they choose to write that take place before this film. There are a lot of parallels to this guy and Anakin/Vader though, from the clothes to the personality. Being Vader's grandson I can't necessarily be too surprised, but I think it also could've been handled better. Really just need to know more about this guy honestly. Luke tried to rebuild the Jedi Order and he's responsible for screwing it up. How? Why? What exactly went wrong in his relationship with his parents or Luke that he turned to the Dark Side? Leia mentions sending him away, but away to where? To be with Luke? Ok, but why is that a bad thing? Luke's his uncle and you'd think would love to spend time with him. Just a very bad situation, with too many unknowns at the moment. Vader was similar back in the day, but he at least had the ominous presence going for him and instantly became a menacing villain. Could never feel the same from Ren for two reasons. One, trying too hard to be Vader. And two, just not that visually menacing to me, which might just tie back into him trying too hard to be someone else. Whereas Darth Maul and Count Dooku both stood completely seperate. His temper tantrums also didn't help. Think it actually would've been better had he killed more people, as it would've given more weight and tragedy to his actions. Destroying property is bad and all, but it can all be replaced no matter how much you slash it with your wonky lightsaber.

Open

As a whole, I understand that the first film in a series is meant to kick things off and not conclude too much. It should leave room for development and I see that here. There is potential in terms of all three of the new main characters. At the same time however, this isn't the first film in a franchise. This is a continuation of a franchise that's already six films in and there's no way to get around that. Being a prequel it was really just common sense that films 1-3 would be explaining how we get to where we are in episode 4. There was a natural connection from the jump. As a sequel I can understand very easily how it could be harder to forge a similar connection and the writers failed in my opinion. Beyond some old characters and events, this really doesn't feel like the same universe that I saw in any of the first six films. That's a very real problem, seeing as all of those films are canon. There should be a connection, but there isn't. There's not really any explanation as to how we got from ROTJ to here and I actually think that an explanation is critical, seeing as this is again the first film of the new trilogy. I think we need a lot of them. I'm tempted to say that this isn't a direct sequel at all, but instead just a mostly seperate adventure taking place in some other corner of the Star Wars universe. That in itself is fine, but it then also shouldn't be episode 7, because that implies a direct sequel and will have people expecting it to be something else. Why is there a lack of connection? I hate to say it, because even to me it sounds liek someone complaining because of the change, but it really seems to be because Lucas isn't there anymore. Different people write differently, just like they speak differently. In every single Star Wars film previously I could feel Lucas' presence/style. Looking at the EU I could feel the same in terms of writer's who worked on multiple novels. Denning, Allston, Zahn, everyone had his or her own way of doing things and it showed. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Here I don't believe it works in terms of the previous films and believe it would have been a lot better were this not a Star Wars film but the start of a completely different franchise entirely.

Incomplete

This film honestly feels incomplete. There is clearly meant to be a sequel for it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, I also believe that films should still be capable of standing on their own, with solid stories. A New Hope did this. Empire Strikes Back did this. Return of the Jedi did this. All three are connected, there are bits and pieces of storylines available to be picked up in the next film, but the stories themselves that the films are telling remain complete, interesting, and entertaining. Can't say the same for this film. I actually think they left too much open. They laid a lot of groundwork, but didn't develop enough of the building they're trying to create. Who are the Knights of Ren? Don't know. How did the First Order come about and how is it connected to the Empire/Republic? Good questions. How exactly did the New Republic rise? Haven't a clue. What exactly is the Resistance and what are they resisting if the New Republic already exists as a governing body in the galaxy? No idea. Who is Snoke and how'd he get his claws into Ben Solo? Couldn't tell you. Just question after question that went unanswered, when many of them honestly could have been and should have been answered within this film that is again a SEQUEL to a previous work, taking place after a very long timeskip. Naturally things would change in the years that passed, so naturally we are going to be wondering about not only what, but how and why. There's not an equal amount of any.

Comparisons

There are a ton of references and comparisons to previous films already in this, but I really don't think that anyone present holds up to their classic counterparts. Ren's not Vader, Snoke's not Palpatine, the Resistance isn't the Rebellion, the First Order isn't the Empire, and so on. Yet it's that much worse because I feel like all of them are trying to be these things. This even affects the main plot, with a terrible rehash of a New Hope in terms of the Death Star. The lack of creativity here honestly blows my mind and I truly cannot fathom why anyone would think that it would be a good idea to copy a New Hope so blatantly. Things like this honestly come off as either a homage gone terribly wrong or a fullblown insult.

Luke

Finally, Luke. Going in I was not looking forward to Luke having been absent from the galaxy for thirty some years. (Which was the only real piece of information I knew about the film before seeing the trailers, and the reason I stopped coming on this forum shortly after I learned that) I think that rebuilding the Jedi Order is something that he should be looking into very soon after ROTJ is complete. So I was actually happy to see it mentioned that he had tried, failed, and exiled himself because of that failure. Not sure on when exactly the exile was, because no exact date is given in terms of years, but it was clearly long enough that people in the galaxy doubt whether or not he was a real person. That's then a problem, because I don't think Luke should just be giving up after one failure. However, there's then the fact that said failure was his nephew, which makes it more emotional and adds a solid layer of guilt to the equation. This is again something that I believe needs more development and could have used just a bit more explanation in this film.

Conclusion

All in all, I never really felt an actual threat from Ren and the First Order. Yeah they have a giant death cannon. Yeah they've got hundreds of thousands of troops. But they didn't feel threatening to me personally. I've complained about some of Marvel's films that at the end of the day I just never for a second believed that the bad guy was scary or could actually win. Back in the day, I felt that from Darth Vader. I felt that from Darth Maul. I felt that from the Joker. (Both film versions in fact). I felt that from Bane. I didn't feel it from Kylo Ren and his military rival (Hux? Believe that was his name), just like I didn't feel it from Electro in the last Spider-Man film. Heck, even when he's having his final duel with our heroes I didn't feel it, whereas when Luke was dueling Vader on Bespin and Maul Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Naboo I was really, really worried for the good guys. So I think that they failed to draw me in as villains, and I again think that's very bad when this is the start of a new triology. As with everything else there's room for development and i'm actually hoping that the sequel is just going to be better than this film in every single way and blow it out of the water, but it's something that I think should've been achieved in this film to some extent. And you know based on reviews I can see that some people feel the same as me and that others feel differently. Ren's character in particular some people find annoying and whiny and others found to be cool and threatening. So as with all Star Wars films there'll be diverging opinions on what worked and what didn't and i'm actually interested to see how the fanbase is going to look back on this film 3 to 5 years from now.

Last edited:
Youtube is where i read most the comics. Not sure if they get pulled off it though you know how youtube and disney is

They need to release this movie along with the original versions of 456 so we can forget the prequels for good.

@Master Zik kingkoopa kingkoopa Sorry gents, went straight to sleep after posting that lol one benefit of this site over the Star Wars one is that I can use spoilers to keep the post from being gigantic.

Just came from seeing the film and I wanted to post a review while everything is fresh in my mind. With time my opinion of some things/events is bound to change to some extent, but right now I can honestly say that this is my least favorite Star Wars film. I went in pretty hyped for this and that's rare for me in terms of movies, but its freaking Star Wars so I can't help it. :tongue: Plus the trailers were all top notch, perfectly designed to tug at the heartstrings. So that being said, this film just didn't manage to live up to my hype. Not something unique to this film, but it is what it is. Covering both the good and the bad, the first thing I have to say is about Poe. His character in general surprised me. I had little to no knowledge of this film going in so I didn't know about him at all. Looking back, I remember a scene of him flying being in the trailer, but I honestly assumed he'd just be some random and expendable pilot. He wasn't though and while he doesn't get as much screentime as Finn or Ray he's honestly my favorite of the three. Witty, charismatic, somewhat sure of himself, ability to stay cool under pressure, and fighting for a good cause. Simple, nothing groundbreaking, but i'd read a book about this guy any day of the week and would certainly watch a film about him.

Finn

Finn..started off good, but steadily declined throughout the film. I felt that the character was specifically given a lot of humurous comments for some reason and all they did was take me out of the film. That's really never happened for me in a Star Wars film. (Last time something like this happened in fact is when I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy and Quill's 80's music kept playing. Completely threw me off.) And this goes beyond just this character. At various points, from the things people were saying to the things I was viewing (In terms of various settings, such as the planet Luke's on at the end, specifically the hill him and Ray are standing on) just didn't feel like Star Wars to me. This ended up making me feel as if I was watching another film entirely at points, but with Star Wars references then thrown in. Like I was shocked when an old character like C-3P0 or Leia would appear, because they looked so darn out of place in the film I was watching. Back to Finn, this character just didn't pull me in. I didn't really go in expecting him to be some instant hero or anything, but I still expected more, even from a Storm Trooper. Dude's constantly panicking and at the same time I don't think a good job was done explaining just why he out of all the troopers had chosen to betray the First Order. His background wasn't explained anywhere near well enough for me to really buy into his story. Did like his constant position as a shooter rather than a pilot however, as it's just a nice change. What I didn't like was him using the lightsaber, specifically against Kylo Ren. Honestly, he should've been killed in a few seconds. He doesn't seem to have the Force and he has no training with the blade. There should literally be no comparison to him and Ren, yet somehow he held off Ren for a good minute! This then leads into Rey.

Rey

She also should've been swiftly killed and the bit with her resisting Ren's power and then turning it against him was terrible. An untrained Force Sensitive, whose only blatant experience with the Force was an illusion she had earlier that day is capable of not only resisting a person that's been training in and utilizing it for years, but can then defeat that person in a lightsaber duel?! :rolleyes: Disney tried to make up for it to some extent by having Ren be wounded by Chewie, but even that's not enough to really make it ok in my eyes. That Jedi Mind Trick thing was more of the same. Just everything that had to do with her using the Force after the illusion was terrible, plain and simple. Before that however, I really had no complaints with her character by itself. I think that the writers laid on the ship tease between her and Finn WAY too heavily. They're not even a couple and i'd already call them the worst pairing in the series (The currently canon series). Doesn't help that I didn't see any chemistry between the actors. However, I kind of liked Ray from the start. Simple girl, living in the desert , with an affinity for technology/mechanics. Similar to Poe there's a definite comparison to Han and Luke as well, but not to the point that I was insulted by it. Outside of whatever she has going on with the Force, i'd actually like to see more of her.

Han

And then there's Han...I'm hesitant to say it's a flaw for a film to kill a character, but there are a few reasons that I think this was the wrong move. First and foremost they killed Han ****ing Solo man. :_| I'll be honest, I could have gone my entire life without seeing that scene and been just fine. But even then, it wasn't necessarily a badly done scene. I felt real emotion coming from both actors as they spoke to each other and the way the scene was done, with the light fading leading up to Han's death, was excellent and reminded me of other great moments in the franchise. At the same time, why kill him off in the first film? That just seems like a waste of an excellent, classic character. Not only does he bring a lot to the franchise on his own, and with his relationships with the other classic characters, but he brings a lot to the table in terms of Kylo Ren. Honestly? This scene would have held so much more weight had it been built up further from this film, into the next film, and taken place in the 9th film. It could've easily been something akin to Luke facing Vader again on the Second Death Star. Yet it wasn't, because it came about in the same film that we meet Kylo Ren, when we're still getting to know him as a character. It therefore loses a lot of the impact it could have had. So even if we see Han's death as something that had to happen, it just could've been done better.

Kylo Ren

Leading into Kylo Ren, he was both better and worse than I expected. There's more depth to him than I thought there'd be. For one, I wasn't expecting him to be Han and Leia's son, and by extension Vader's grandson. I was honestly expecting him to be a former pupil of Vader's and really nothing more. Forging those connections is a good thing that can be used for some great writing opportunities down the line and even in terms of any stories they choose to write that take place before this film. There are a lot of parallels to this guy and Anakin/Vader though, from the clothes to the personality. Being Vader's grandson I can't necessarily be too surprised, but I think it also could've been handled better. Really just need to know more about this guy honestly. Luke tried to rebuild the Jedi Order and he's responsible for screwing it up. How? Why? What exactly went wrong in his relationship with his parents or Luke that he turned to the Dark Side? Leia mentions sending him away, but away to where? To be with Luke? Ok, but why is that a bad thing? Luke's his uncle and you'd think would love to spend time with him. Just a very bad situation, with too many unknowns at the moment. Vader was similar back in the day, but he at least had the ominous presence going for him and instantly became a menacing villain. Could never feel the same from Ren for two reasons. One, trying too hard to be Vader. And two, just not that visually menacing to me, which might just tie back into him trying too hard to be someone else. Whereas Darth Maul and Count Dooku both stood completely seperate. His temper tantrums also didn't help. Think it actually would've been better had he killed more people, as it would've given more weight and tragedy to his actions. Destroying property is bad and all, but it can all be replaced no matter how much you slash it with your wonky lightsaber.

Open

As a whole, I understand that the first film in a series is meant to kick things off and not conclude too much. It should leave room for development and I see that here. There is potential in terms of all three of the new main characters. At the same time however, this isn't the first film in a franchise. This is a continuation of a franchise that's already six films in and there's no way to get around that. Being a prequel it was really just common sense that films 1-3 would be explaining how we get to where we are in episode 4. There was a natural connection from the jump. As a sequel I can understand very easily how it could be harder to forge a similar connection and the writers failed in my opinion. Beyond some old characters and events, this really doesn't feel like the same universe that I saw in any of the first six films. That's a very real problem, seeing as all of those films are canon. There should be a connection, but there isn't. There's not really any explanation as to how we got from ROTJ to here and I actually think that an explanation is critical, seeing as this is again the first film of the new trilogy. I think we need a lot of them. I'm tempted to say that this isn't a direct sequel at all, but instead just a mostly seperate adventure taking place in some other corner of the Star Wars universe. That in itself is fine, but it then also shouldn't be episode 7, because that implies a direct sequel and will have people expecting it to be something else. Why is there a lack of connection? I hate to say it, because even to me it sounds liek someone complaining because of the change, but it really seems to be because Lucas isn't there anymore. Different people write differently, just like they speak differently. In every single Star Wars film previously I could feel Lucas' presence/style. Looking at the EU I could feel the same in terms of writer's who worked on multiple novels. Denning, Allston, Zahn, everyone had his or her own way of doing things and it showed. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Here I don't believe it works in terms of the previous films and believe it would have been a lot better were this not a Star Wars film but the start of a completely different franchise entirely.

Incomplete

This film honestly feels incomplete. There is clearly meant to be a sequel for it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, I also believe that films should still be capable of standing on their own, with solid stories. A New Hope did this. Empire Strikes Back did this. Return of the Jedi did this. All three are connected, there are bits and pieces of storylines available to be picked up in the next film, but the stories themselves that the films are telling remain complete, interesting, and entertaining. Can't say the same for this film. I actually think they left too much open. They laid a lot of groundwork, but didn't develop enough of the building they're trying to create. Who are the Knights of Ren? Don't know. How did the First Order come about and how is it connected to the Empire/Republic? Good questions. How exactly did the New Republic rise? Haven't a clue. What exactly is the Resistance and what are they resisting if the New Republic already exists as a governing body in the galaxy? No idea. Who is Snoke and how'd he get his claws into Ben Solo? Couldn't tell you. Just question after question that went unanswered, when many of them honestly could have been and should have been answered within this film that is again a SEQUEL to a previous work, taking place after a very long timeskip. Naturally things would change in the years that passed, so naturally we are going to be wondering about not only what, but how and why. There's not an equal amount of any.

Comparisons

There are a ton of references and comparisons to previous films already in this, but I really don't think that anyone present holds up to their classic counterparts. Ren's not Vader, Snoke's not Palpatine, the Resistance isn't the Rebellion, the First Order isn't the Empire, and so on. Yet it's that much worse because I feel like all of them are trying to be these things. This even affects the main plot, with a terrible rehash of a New Hope in terms of the Death Star. The lack of creativity here honestly blows my mind and I truly cannot fathom why anyone would think that it would be a good idea to copy a New Hope so blatantly. Things like this honestly come off as either a homage gone terribly wrong or a fullblown insult.

Luke

Finally, Luke. Going in I was not looking forward to Luke having been absent from the galaxy for thirty some years. (Which was the only real piece of information I knew about the film before seeing the trailers, and the reason I stopped coming on this forum shortly after I learned that) I think that rebuilding the Jedi Order is something that he should be looking into very soon after ROTJ is complete. So I was actually happy to see it mentioned that he had tried, failed, and exiled himself because of that failure. Not sure on when exactly the exile was, because no exact date is given in terms of years, but it was clearly long enough that people in the galaxy doubt whether or not he was a real person. That's then a problem, because I don't think Luke should just be giving up after one failure. However, there's then the fact that said failure was his nephew, which makes it more emotional and adds a solid layer of guilt to the equation. This is again something that I believe needs more development and could have used just a bit more explanation in this film.

Conclusion

All in all, I never really felt an actual threat from Ren and the First Order. Yeah they have a giant death cannon. Yeah they've got hundreds of thousands of troops. But they didn't feel threatening to me personally. I've complained about some of Marvel's films that at the end of the day I just never for a second believed that the bad guy was scary or could actually win. Back in the day, I felt that from Darth Vader. I felt that from Darth Maul. I felt that from the Joker. (Both film versions in fact). I felt that from Bane. I didn't feel it from Kylo Ren and his military rival (Hux? Believe that was his name), just like I didn't feel it from Electro in the last Spider-Man film. Heck, even when he's having his final duel with our heroes I didn't feel it, whereas when Luke was dueling Vader on Bespin and Maul Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Naboo I was really, really worried for the good guys. So I think that they failed to draw me in as villains, and I again think that's very bad when this is the start of a new triology. As with everything else there's room for development and i'm actually hoping that the sequel is just going to be better than this film in every single way and blow it out of the water, but it's something that I think should've been achieved in this film to some extent. And you know based on reviews I can see that some people feel the same as me and that others feel differently. Ren's character in particular some people find annoying and whiny and others found to be cool and threatening. So as with all Star Wars films there'll be diverging opinions on what worked and what didn't and i'm actually interested to see how the fanbase is going to look back on this film 3 to 5 years from now.

I agree what you said about han solo and luke

the death of han solo had to be all about money to make sure their big investment their new vader gets heat from killing him and make him look strong by taking out probably the most beloved character in star wars. Ive already stated my dislike for luke hiding all this time while his own twin sister his flesh and blood and his best friend han leia in particular out there in danger fighting against the first order and kylo. You dont go hide after some mysterious group slaughter your people. This not obi wan which they tried so hard to put luke like. Obi wan had no twin sister out there getting at the first order. Like luke wouldnt say i have to go save my daughter i sense shes in danger after kylo caught her or when han was about to get murked by kylo. Just think they jumbled the story to spread out the og characters in each film and protect their huge investment. we are never going to see luke, leia, han, and chewie together again. let that sink in. You can bet lando will show up in the next movie tho lol Would love to know what michael arndt script looked like.

finally saw the movie yesterday

loved it cause star wars

but

hated:
ren's robot voice
bb8's sound when it talks
the amount of attempted comedy
the fact that there was no scene showing poe surviving
the ending

probably more but thats what i can think of now

also is this gonna be like another reverse order type release cause i really had no idea who these people were where this new planet death star thing came from i need some explinations

Last edited:
Just got back from a second viewing. Still loved it.

So yesterday me and the girl were finishing watching Empire and started Return of The Jedi... Being that I haven't seen them in awhile and I was kinda sleepy, but how did Luke go from getting his right hand cut off at the end of Empire to having a fully functioning human hand at the beginning of Jedi?!?

Just got back from a second viewing. Still loved it.

So yesterday me and the girl were finishing watching Empire and started Return of The Jedi... Being that I haven't seen them in awhile and I was kinda sleepy, but how did Luke go from getting his right hand cut off at the end of Empire to having a fully functioning human hand at the beginning of Jedi?!?
It was a robot hand with "skin" on it like the terminator

Back
Top Bottom