**WHO WILL BE THE BREAKOUT RAP/HIP HOP ARTIST OF 2009**VOL:LIL WAYNE HAD 08

Originally Posted by sdsualum

Exile, as far as indie goes.

Although Blu gets most of the credit for Below The Heavens, this is going to be Exile's year. His solo is due out at the end of the month, and hopefully
the second Blu & Exile album comes out this year, as well as the new Emanon album. He's been slept on for too long.

Exile is already very well known on the Indie scene, if anything BTH propelled him to his breakout year back in 07, he was slept on before that record cameout, not so much anymore imo

He's just gonna be another dope artist continuing to put out dope material

Radio is
pimp.gif
btw

b7c35a7bef555ff04572a540635f68c9148b530.pjpg

It will be this man's year. He's baaacckkkk.

I guess its not breakthrough but it will be a re birth.

Loso- not gonna make it... he had his chance like 3 years ago... not gonna happen....He will always be an average rapper...

Clipse- Have talent, one of my fav groups, but their not going to make it neither, they would need at least two bangers from Pharrell, to even have a chance.

Wale- His single Nike Boots wasn't that big of a banger, and thats some of his best work/or attempt at mainstream. He'll be around, but nope.

Drake- I think no, but since he's a copycat rapper copying lil wayne's steeze there is not telling how much he can cash in on Wayne's style. Samefor Asher Roth

My Bet-

Kid Cudi- Most versatile, biggest market, promoted by Kanye West, I think he's one more hit as big as "Day N Nite" to be the next THING. Plushe's HUGE in Europe, Australia, and Tokyo. Oh Yea... And he's from Cleveland

Originally Posted by Zeus23

Drake- I think no, but since he's a copycat rapper copying lil wayne's steeze there is not telling how much he can cash in on Wayne's style. Same
for Asher Roth

What? Please explain this to me, I listened to one of his mixtapes, Comeback Season I think...dude is aight but i don't see how he's "coppyingWayne's steeze" at all

Cudi will he has already reached the suburbs I thought I was the only one who knew about him until I saw like five status's on facebook with kid cudi linesand they werent even from day n night and it was all freshman/middle school kids soo..

Loso- not gonna make it... he had his chance like 3 years ago... not gonna happen....He will always be an average rapper...

Clipse- Have talent, one of my fav groups, but their not going to make it neither, they would need at least two bangers from Pharrell, to even have a chance.

Wale- His single Nike Boots wasn't that big of a banger, and thats some of his best work/or attempt at mainstream. He'll be around, but nope.

Drake- I think no, but since he's a copycat rapper copying lil wayne's steeze there is not telling how much he can cash in on Wayne's style. Same for Asher Roth

My Bet-

Kid Cudi- Most versatile, biggest market, promoted by Kanye West, I think he's one more hit as big as "Day N Nite" to be the next THING. Plus he's HUGE in Europe, Australia, and Tokyo. Oh Yea... And he's from Cleveland
That is the only thing that made sense in that post.

Drake- I think no, but since he's a copycat rapper copying lil wayne's steeze there is not telling how much he can cash in on Wayne's style. Same for Asher Roth

My Bet-

Kid Cudi- Most versatile, biggest market, promoted by Kanye West, I think he's one more hit as big as "Day N Nite" to be the next THING. Plus he's HUGE in Europe, Australia, and Tokyo. Oh Yea... And he's from Cleveland
you must be from cleveland too
because what you said made no sense........all i saw was "the hop on love" for Cudi

He's good tho IMO but u just denounced Loso, Clipse, Wale, and Drake?? And then you act like none of these rappers ever been overseas before lol..*!#?
Fareel from new rappers, it could be Drake, Cudi, Wale, Aster Roth, and even Hamilton....we will have to see

But i do also think this can be Loso's year fareel
and cant count out the comebak from Eminem
and i wanna hear Blueprint III .....soo yea

i dont know about "breakout" but as far as a big year,

- loso

- clipse

- drake

- cam too if he actually drops and has a big single

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Based on some of these responses, you guys seem to have forgot that IMAGE SELLS, not necessarily talent.

With that said only person I see doing good is B.o.B., Kid Cudi, and Wale.

But Kid Cudi is gonna be big in another type of market not hip hop.

Originally Posted by RellNye

Its gonna be the Year of The Loso.
pimp.gif
He had his chance and blew it.

Kid Cudi
pimp.gif

I have a feeling that Jim Jones is gonna have a huge year
wale
33f9tp3.gif

Cudi and Wale are strictly Internet rappers. They aren't going further than that IMO. I like Wale but I'm being honest. He has no mainstream appeal.
Jim Jones biggest hit was "We Fly High". He will never reach that peak again.

You're buggin if you don't think Day N' Nite is a certified success. It's ultimately what the internet CAN do if anything. Also,as much as I hate Jim Jones, he can also be accredited with the success of Day N' Nite. That song is blowin UP the radio waves.

As for Wale, Nike Boots has been out for the longest and people are JUST gettin on it, especially cause of the vid. My lil cuz sing that $%*% ALL the time andmy sister likes his music/thinks he's cute
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by sdsualum

Exile, as far as indie goes.

Although Blu gets most of the credit for Below The Heavens, this is going to be Exile's year. His solo is due out at the end of the month, and hopefully
the second Blu & Exile album comes out this year, as well as the new Emanon album. He's been slept on for too long.

Exile is already very well known on the Indie scene, if anything BTH propelled him to his breakout year back in 07, he was slept on before that record came out, not so much anymore imo

He's just gonna be another dope artist continuing to put out dope material

Radio is
pimp.gif
btw

If Exile or Snoop released the song they did together, that would propel him to bigger things. That song is dope, and I think it could be single material.I'd like to hear a full version of it b/c i only have the version on Exile's mix.

purplehazze, if you got a link to "Radio", inbox me. I've been dying to hear it and will still purchase on the 20th.

Back
Top Bottom