********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

George Selvie fall off the face of the earth? What a difference a year makes.

The emergence of Pierre-Paul on the other side of him certainly didn't help either.

But yeah. Dude has disappeared somewhat since he broke on the scene 2 yrs go. Last year it was injuries. This year, Idk

Oh, and Morgan Burnett, way to kill your draft stock
sick.gif
. $#!happened?!?!?!

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

thats what im saying, the dolphins fans aint got no hope for him
laugh.gif
Shush.
laugh.gif

Which of the top 11 could afford to take a WR without addressing more pressing areas first?

And if Oak takes him, RIP to his career, not to mention they trying to emulate the Lions with taking WR's high in the draft everyyear.
laugh.gif

Stl, Det, TB, Wash, KC, Seattle, Clev, Buffalo, Jax, and the rest of em all got bigger holes to fill then WR (I hope
frown.gif
)

seahawks are 30th in pass defense....be smart for them to take Joe Haden or Eric Berry if he falls that far (improbable, but still).

^^ CP, Cleveland needs a #1 WR just as bad as MIA, if not more.
laugh.gif

I just don't think we'll go there. Although I wouldn't be unhappy with Dez at all.
pimp.gif

Honestly though, Henne and Dez could turn into a DEADLY duo.
sick.gif

Chad's deep ball is damn good word to Braylon at Michigan.
smokin.gif

Cleveland needs 45 players before they get to WR. Who gon throw him the ball, Brady? DA?
laugh.gif

If they take Dez, just like all other crappy teams, they will remain sucking. They need work on their lines/defense before they start takin luxury widereceivers.

(But yes, I know they do need a #1 WR after the Braylon trade, let's hope Mike doesn't go that route, and wants to develop a solid foundation first.)

laugh.gif
CP, even if he's there at 12, I wouldn't count on Tuna going that route...

He didn't draft Keyshawn, did he? I've looked this up before and off the top of my head with Parcells drafting receivers... Dedric Ward, Pat Crayton,Zuriel Smith, Skyler Green...
laugh.gif

I'd go ahead and let that ship sail now so you're not angry on Draft Day...

I'm fully prepared for a 24 style "accident" to happen to Bill so he don't mess up my draft. Nobody tell.
laugh.gif

I know Bill's going to @#$% this up for me. Just like Jimmy did with Randy in 98.
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
jhjghjfhjhfkfgh
mad.gif
grin.gif
sick.gif
@#$%$#@#%^
grin.gif
tired.gif

The thing is, CLE has a pretty solid foundation. The O-Line is pretty solid. Joe Thomas (3 straight Pro Bowls straight outta Wisky
pimp.gif
) and Alex Mack (Mangina said he's ahead of Mangold after their rookieseasons) are only going to get better. The O-Line is honestly in better shape than almost every non playoff team. I still wish LeCharles never went down likethat though.
tired.gif
smh.gif

The defensive line ain't too shabby either with Shaun Rogers manning the middle. It all depends though because word is that MH wants to change to a 4-3defense which would !+!+ EVERYTHING up regarding the front 7. He's meeting with Mangina as I type this and I expect him to be gone before the weekend.

I prefer McClain over Dez, but if Dez is still there at 7, he could be tempting. After the combine, he'll probably have the biggest buzz of anyone.

What is Shanahan's history as far as drafting defensive players? Swear to God IF Berry is there we better take him...

Anyone who drafts Spiller, will get a gem. After watching D. Jackson rip through my poor Giants D time and time again, speed really kills. I thoughtwatching D Hester at the U was blinding, but Jackson seems faster. Spiller looks just as fast after he raped the U every time he touched it. I just pray theGiants draft defense, cause even with Sheridan gone, the problem is still there. The whole d-line, and the lb's need to be reworked. Just pray Phillipsgets back, and C.C. Brown never touches the field again.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

What is Shanahan's history as far as drafting defensive players? Swear to God IF Berry is there we better take him...
laugh.gif
Shanahan is not the guy you want evaluating defensive players...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by MaxElite

laugh.gif
Shanahan is not the guy you want evaluating defensive players...

Well Shanahan did draft Elvis Dumervil and DJ Williams
grin.gif
. Thats about itI guess
laugh.gif

Im sure we'll find a way to screw up the 4th pick

Granted, I don't remember exactly how long he controlled football operation in Denver, but defensive players drafted by Denver under his watch since2000...

Deltha O'Neal
Ian Gold
Kenoy Kennedy
Jerry Johnson
Willie Middlebrooks
Paul Toviessi
Reggie Hayward
Dorsett Davis
Sam Brandon
Chris Young
Monsanto Pope
Terry Pierce
Nicholas Eason
Bryant McNeal
Aaron Hunt
Clint Mitchell
DJ Williams
Jeremy LeSueur
Jeff Shoate
Darrent Williams
Karl Paymah
Domonique Foxworth
Elvis Dumervil
Jarvis Moss
Tim Crowder
Marcus Thomas
Jack Williams
Spencer Larsen
Josh Barrett

sick.gif

I think hope Dez will change Tuna's mind about drafting a WR early. Tina & Co. have WR as #1 priority this offseason so there'shope.

SoHi............shut your mouth..........plz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Granted, I don't remember exactly how long he controlled football operation in Denver, but defensive players drafted by Denver under his watch since 2000...

Deltha O'Neal
Ian Gold
Kenoy Kennedy
Jerry Johnson
Willie Middlebrooks
Paul Toviessi
Reggie Hayward
Dorsett Davis
Sam Brandon
Chris Young
Monsanto Pope
Terry Pierce
Nicholas Eason
Bryant McNeal
Aaron Hunt
Clint Mitchell
DJ Williams
Jeremy LeSueur
Jeff Shoate
Darrent Williams
Karl Paymah
Domonique Foxworth
Elvis Dumervil
Jarvis Moss
Tim Crowder
Marcus Thomas
Jack Williams
Spencer Larsen
Josh Barrett

sick.gif

dont remind me..

shanahans biggest fault was never his gameplan but rather his GM skills.

Oh, and Morgan Burnett, way to kill your draft stock
sick.gif
. $#! happened?!?!?!
One of my favorite players - looks like he has to come back for his senior year now.

Why is Joe Haden so overhyped? He was getting burnt often the first year and a half at UF, granted he was inexperienced. I know he's come a long wayworking on technique with Charlie Strong and what not, but it wasn't too long ago that Jenkins was outperforming Haden. I think P-Rob, Cox, Wilson, andWarren all have the potential to be better than Haden.

I'm interested to see what direction Holmgren takes in his first year in Cleveland. You would think they have to take Bradford or Clausen if either isavailable at #7. Quinn can be considered a bust at this point and DA is a waste of money.

And for Miami fans, you guys probably won't end up with Dez Bryant but Regis Benn ain't a bad consolation prize if Parcells chooses to go receiver.

The thing is, CLE has a pretty solid foundation. The O-Line is pretty solid. Joe Thomas (3 straight Pro Bowls straight outta Wisky
pimp.gif
) and Alex Mack (Mangina said he's ahead of Mangold after their rookie seasons) are only going to get better. The O-Line is honestly in better shape than almost every non playoff team. I still wish LeCharles never went down like that though.
tired.gif
smh.gif

Don't forget Steinbach - the Browns are paying him a lot of money to perform.

Of course Mangini is gonna say that about Mack but it's simply not true. Mangold is an All-Pro center and likely the best at his position in the league. Idon't see Alex Mack on that route within 3-4 years.

I'm with you on Bentley
sick.gif
after that huge contract too. Better payCribbs, he's a playmaker and works well in the Wildcat. Harrison looks like Cleveland's RB for the future.

I would fire Mangini honestly. He's not a good football coach and has shown it in New York. Yes the Browns played well down the stretch but if theorganization steps up with the cash I think Cowher can be lured outta retirement/CBS studio.

Eric Berry? Naw man, he's nice but we need a damn Offensive Line. Defense can wait.
How long before B-Marsh is moved outta town. That relationship is so unstable and detrimental to team chemistry (love/hate relationship).Arrogance is McDaniels' main downfall - otherwise he's proven to be a legit HC with a good understanding of NFL offenses.

Denver's O-line is decent actually, set with Clady and Harris at the tackle positions. Interior lineman you got Kuper, Hochstein, Wiegmann, and Hamilton.There's certainly room for improvement at center or guard coupled with the age concern of the guys in place. Mike Iupati is the only interior lineman worthconsidering with the 10th/11th overall pick and that's still too early even though he can play guard and tackle.

The Broncos have a lot of options and flexibility with their pick. Who knows what Josh McDaniels is thinking...if they do in fact trade Marshall, Dez would bea viable option. If not, they can look at McClain, a safety (Berry, Mays, etc.), or O-line help (Iupati, Anthony Davis, or Trent Williams). But as I saidDenver doesn't really need an OT.

Hopefully Eric Berry falls to cinci.....lmao but really any other safety that's been impressive to ya'll?

Did I just read that Kiper wrote "IF" Spiller runs in the 4.3s? Homerism aside, dude could do that even with turf toe flaring harder thandreClark's herpes. Kid has 2 months to prepare for the combine, he's running Chris Johnson numbers.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Did I just read that Kiper wrote "IF" Spiller runs in the 4.3s? Homerism aside, dude could do that even with turf toe flaring harder than dreClark's herpes. Kid has 2 months to prepare for the combine, he's running Chris Johnson numbers.
It wasn't herpes it was an allergic reaction
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom