********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

^
So you think him and Delmas would be a good fit in Detroit?

I liked what I saw from Delmas this year, and whenever I watched Lions games, I always heard that the Lions really liked the kid.

Me & truth was talkin' bout that +*$% on BBM..

Berry & Delmas would be
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by dreClark

Naw, that just shows that a DT is harder to avoid than an DE/LB
laugh.gif
That doesn't inherently make you more dominating. It's just common sense. It is much harder to run away from a DT than it is an OLB.

And I edited my post (before you posting that) saying that maybe you were right.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like 4'4's? Okay Dre lol

Yeah Dre you trippin G

Originally Posted by Cubs Davinci

Naw, that just shows that a DT is harder to avoid than an DE/LB
laugh.gif
That doesn't inherently make you more dominating. It's just common sense. It is much harder to run away from a DT than it is an OLB.

And I edited my post (before you posting that) saying that maybe you were right.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like 4'4's? Okay Dre lol

Yeah Dre you trippin G

I think you guys are misunderstanding what Dre was saying.

In a scheme to avoid elite defensive players, you can run away from them by direction. For instance Ware on the ride side, you can run the ball tothe left, away from him. If you have Peppers lined up on the left, you can run the ball to the right, away from him. DT's are in the middle at ALL times. You dam sure can't run up the middle on them, and run left, or run right, it's the same distance for that elite level DT to make a play. There is noavoiding those pains in the @#$%$.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
nah U trippin

he doesnt mean Run away as in turn and run away using your speed, he means as in scheme and formation. RUN away as in opposite a really good OLB. if the OLBlines up on the left, u move the protection left and run the play in the opposite direction. meanwhile U cant run Opposite a DT. because he is in the middle

is that elementary enough for all yall? 2 days in and people still cant grasp one of the most simplest of concepts in football

The Lions objective would be to stop the bleeding where need be. You dont go after another safety when you have the worst d-line in the leauge, in a draft topheavy with lineman. That's Matt Millen logic right there....

With that being said, dont think the Lions can really go wrong here, just because they have so many damn holes lol....

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

smh.gif
nah U trippin

he doesnt mean Run away as in turn and run away using your speed, he means as in scheme and formation. RUN away as in opposite a really good OLB. if the OLB lines up on the left, u move the protection left and run the play in the opposite direction. meanwhile U cant run Opposite a DT. because he is in the middle

is that elementary enough for all yall? 2 days in and people still cant grasp one of the most simplest of concepts in football
And your avy makes fun of Emmitt?
roll.gif

Same with the Browns. We have so many damn holes. Suh and Berry are obviously gonna be gone at #7 and I know Mike Holmgren (
smokin.gif
) ain't gonna be giving up multiple picks to move up in his first draft.

With that said, I hope the Cleveland Browns select Rolando McClain with the 7th pick.
pimp.gif

EDIT: How did I miss this exchange?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like
4'4's? Okay Dre lol
I'm talking in football terms you dunce.

laugh.gif
He called that man a dunce.
bush_dunce1233235517.jpg

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
So you think him and Delmas would be a good fit in Detroit?

I liked what I saw from Delmas this year, and whenever I watched Lions games, I always heard that the Lions really liked the kid.
Idk, I haven't seen much of him.

But from the very little I have seen, coupled w/ all that I've seen of EB, it would work. Whichever safety spot Delmas is best at, just put EB at theother. He'll still excel. I mean jesus, the kid basically played LB this year at 200 lbs....and was a KR/PR.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Could be nice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I hope the Cleveland Browns select Rolando McClain with the 7th pick.
pimp.gif
Rolando and Kam
pimp.gif

From Mel Kiper's Chat

Mel, what does the board look like for running backs? How many will be taken in the first round?
[h6]Mel Kiper[/h6]
[h6] (1:03 PM)[/h6]

Todd, it's a decent year for RBs, not a great one. There's one great prospect: C.J. Spiller. He's the one elite RB. If he runs in the 4.3s, hewould solidify that, with the tremendous versatility he brings. He'll probably go between 10 and 15. You have to wait and see on Jahvid Best, who has beenout with that concussion he sustained earlier in the season. He is very explosive but has gotten bigger and stronger. The other junior RBs with ability in thesecond round are Ryan Matthews and Joe McKnight. From the senior class, although he's a junior/senior, Toby Gerhardt is in that second or third round mix.The guy you can't sleep on is James Starks, who has been out all year with an injury. He had a high grade at the start of the season and has a lot ofskills. You have Spiller in the mid-1st, best as a possible 1st, a bunch of 2nd-3rd types, and then some in the fourth and fifth.

A very intriguing guy who had some minor injury issues is Michael Smith from Arkansas. He's small, but a diminutive dynamo with good speed. He's areliable pass-catcher who will have a role in the NFL. Charles Scott from LSU is another kid with ability. You're going to find some intriguing runningbacks with ability in the fifth or sixth rounds.

Would Taylor Mays do well to switch to a LB position?
[h6]Mel Kiper[/h6]
[h6] (1:11 PM)[/h6]

Taylor plays well around the line. That's an interesting option. When he is in space, he tends to miss tackles by taking bad angles in pursuit. Thatwill be an interesting dilemma. I didn't think he had a great year. His grade has dropped some. He has freakish athletic ability and linebacker size. Hehas straight-line speed and did not make as many game-changing plays as you'd hope. He's one of the more challenging evaluations for scouts andpersonnel people. I don't have a lot of confidence in my evaluation of Taylor Mays -- he could be a boom or a bust.

Is Dez Bryant still a first round pick?
[h6]Mel Kiper[/h6]
[h6] (1:12 PM)[/h6]

Definitely. Big-time player. The suspension didn't hurt him. The NFL's not going to move him down. It would have been nice to see him finish strong,as he would have moved up 3-5 spots, but he's No. 9 on my big board and the No. 1 receiver overall. There's no one even in his league. The closest oneis Aurelius Benn from Illinois. Dez Bryant is the man and has a lot of ability. He needs to run at least a respectable 40, because he's a big kid. He hasthe size that you really like in a prime receiver. He's gotta go somewhere in the top 10-12.

Hey Mel! Will there be a left tackle waiting for the Packers at the end of the first round (32 overall)? The guy from Iowa maybe? Would he be able to helpright away and protect Rodgers' back?
[h6]Mel Kiper[/h6]
[h6] (1:15 PM)[/h6]

Weakest position in this draft. Russell Okung is a top-10 pick. Anthony Davis from Rutgers could still be on the board, and Trent Williams could be alate-first pick, but there's not a lot to speak of. An interesting guy in the third round is Tony Washington out of Abilene Christian.

Hey Mel, Lions fan here so I'm all over your stuff these days.. Assuming the Rams go safe and take Suh #1, do you think Detroit will take McCoy? Theirsecondary will still be abysmal if they don't do something about their front 4. Thanks.
[h6]Mel Kiper[/h6]
[h6] (1:27 PM)[/h6]

McCoy is the next-best player after Suh. Eric Berry, the safety from Tennessee, is after that. You'd have to look hard at McCoy. People aren'tnecessarily aware of how great a year he had, because all the attention went to Suh -- plus Oklahoma was disappointing. He recorded 13.5 sacks in their first10 games. He locates the ball, reads blocks well, and has real good instincts. He could be a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE. He brings a lot of versatility to whicheverscheme you choose to pursue. He can play inside or outside. There is a slight dropoff after your top 3. I like Jimmy Clausen up there at 4, Bradford at 5, andthen you have guys like Okung, Haden, Derrick Morgan from GT, Bryant, and Rolando McClain from Alabama.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Would Taylor Mays do well to switch to a LB position?
[h6]Mel Kiper[/h6]
[h6](1:11 PM)[/h6]

Taylor plays well around the line. That's an interesting option. When he is in space, he tends to miss tackles by taking bad angles in pursuit. That will be an interesting dilemma. I didn't think he had a great year. His grade has dropped some. He has freakish athletic ability and linebacker size. He has straight-line speed and did not make as many game-changing plays as you'd hope. He's one of the more challenging evaluations for scouts and personnel people. I don't have a lot of confidence in my evaluation of Taylor Mays -- he could be a boom or a bust.
a.k.a I have put so much stock in him and gave him so much praise I can't afford to drop him to where he should be but this year I finallyrealized that he sucks %!$ as a football player.

Swear to God if Dez gets taken at 10 or 11.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Thing is though, I don't even know if Parcells would take Dez anyways. He's one of those guys that believes in taking guys on either line, orlinebackers. I'm not sold that he would go WR at 12. In fact, I could see him trying to move down, get a WR later, and a few extra picks.
ohwell.gif

Lord help me if Dez is there at 12 and another name gets called.
tired.gif

a.k.a I have put so much stock in him and gave him so much praise I can't afford to drop him to where he should be but this year I finally realized that he sucks %!$ as a football player.
laugh.gif
I would die if Mel kept it 100 with us regarding Taylor. #*@% would be classic.
laugh.gif

On another note, this dude McShay uses every time slot he is allowed to have his talking head grace a television to hate on Jimmy.
smh.gif

Says he shouldn't go anywhere near the 1st round "in his opinion", but Jake Locker should have been the #1 overall pick right?

It's getting to the point where this #*@% is getting suspicious.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I think Dez is goin top 10 but really we gotta wait til the combine...
The Combine is not gonan hurt him unless he backpedals the 40.

Mess around and Dez run a 4.4 or better and he just might be gone with in da first 7 picks

Delmas is gonna be a MONSTER. One of the best draft picks we've made all decade, I dont know a credible Lions fan that isn't a big fan of the kid.(Nomo, but I live in the exact house and room that Delmas lived in last year, I still get his mail all the time
laugh.gif
)

I just don't see the Lions trading down from the #2 pick. We have to remember that these are the Detroit Lions. Whenever somethings makes perfect sense todo, they don't do it.

And as far as my dream draft, I'm gonna keep on dreaming
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom