2024 NBA Draft Thread

Don't really understand why Coby White isn't higher in these mocks.

Don't really understand why Coby White isn't higher in these mocks.
Probly for the same reason his teammate Little is still high in the mocks...scouts n the ppl who do the mocks don’t wanna make it seem like they aint know what they taking bout coming into the season :lol: :smh:

Another thought that crossed my mind-

Given the perceived "weakness" of this draft, why would some team not want to take a flier on Markus Howard in the back end of the first or so? He's tiny, but he can really score. And he's a very good shooter.

Markus Howard :nerd:
19 year old junior :nerd: :nerd:
Had to look this up because it sounded wild :lol:

So he is turning 20 next month, but that's still a year younger than most normal college juniors.

I really need to see the argument for why he shouldn't be in the mid first or so. Yes, he's short, but not IT4 type short, and he's elite at the most valuable skill in basketball. I really don't get it.

I've been much too busy to watch college basketball, but I'm happy RJ has fallen, not a number 1 pick talent.

Still think he can be a jimmy butler type.

I've been biased since working w/him last summer, but RJ will be a good pro. Hate this term, but he's a dog. He wants to be good. The Jimmy Butler type of dude is apt.

Love Jordan Poole.

Markus Howard, to be so young has some really good offensive scoring instincts. Instincts are so vital in trying to gauge how far along someone is at that age.

Kevin Porter Jr should still be a lottery pick. This season has been a trainwreck, but the elite level shake, athleticism, he's it.

Last edited:
Like, what's the worst case scenario with Markus Howard? Shorter Bryn Forbes?

Like, what's the worst case scenario with Markus Howard? Shorter Bryn Forbes?

Eddie house w/some more shake off the bounce maybe? Good question.

He's GOOD. I think people overthink things sometimes. He's 19 showing NBA level skill off the bounce. I can't wait to see the dumb teams that pass on him because of his size.

Last edited:
Eddie house w/some more shake off the bounce maybe? Good question.
I always knew he was a big time scorer, but today was my first time actually watching him. I wasn't aware of how good of a shooter he is.

He has a tight handle and is an elite shooter off the dribble. I just can't imagine how that doesn't translate to the next level.

To me, he looks like a better shooting version of Trae, but without the same kind of passing.

I always knew he was a big time scorer, but today was my first time actually watching him. I wasn't aware of how good of a shooter he is.

He has a tight handle and is an elite shooter off the dribble. I just can't imagine how that doesn't translate to the next level.

To me, he looks like a better shooting version of Trae, but without the same kind of passing.

Other than the long range shooting, I don't see much similarities between he and trae at all.

Trae's a small 6'2...and he's bigger than Markus. He's also not close to the downhill threat that Trae is, then there's the playmaking. They really aren't that similar as players if at all.

But people will shy away because of his size, and I just think that's so dumb. He's clearly an incredible scorer and shooter and that kind of skill will always translate.

His ceiling at the next level is probably not very high because of his lack of feel as a playmaker and the fact that he's a scorer at 5'11, but he's absolutely a pro and could be a high level pro for years.

More creative bobby Jackson, Eddie House, and Mike Bibby if it all works out for him is who I see honestly.

Other than the long range shooting, I don't see much similarities between he and trae at all.

Trae's a small 6'2...and he's bigger than Markus. He's also not close to the downhill threat that Trae is, then there's the playmaking. They really aren't that similar as players if at all.

But people will shy away because of his size, and I just think that's so dumb. He's clearly an incredible scorer and shooter and that kind of skill will always translate.

His ceiling at the next level is probably not very high because of his lack of feel as a playmaker and the fact that he's a scorer at 5'11, but he's absolutely a pro and could be a high level pro for years.

More creative bobby Jackson, Eddie House, and Mike Bibby if it all works out for him is who I see honestly.
Did a highlight binge on him and I don't know if I agree with him not being close to Trae as far as a downhill threat. His FT rate is only a tad lower than Trae's, and he looks to be a creative finisher. It's not like he's Lonzo Ball as far as that goes.

I guess I brought up Trae because their situations seem to be pretty similar given their usage as smaller guards.

Perhaps Lou Will would be a better comp.

Another thought that crossed my mind-

Given the perceived "weakness" of this draft, why would some team not want to take a flier on Markus Howard in the back end of the first or so? He's tiny, but he can really score. And he's a very good shooter.
He can’t get past good defenders in college , imagine the league ...it’s a reason the step back is his go to move

Back
Top Bottom