6/10 TNA Slammiversary PPV - Roode v Sting, Joseph Park v Bully Ray, Angle/AJ v Daniels/Kaz, WWE...

Originally Posted by casekicks

4w do you know what the "Hardcore 5150" means on Bully's shirt?

Not sure.  I know they're a clothing brand (I think out of NY).  They may be associated with a band.  I'm not sure.

So that's all for Christian? It's fine that he was there to announce the #1 moment, but they IMMEDIATELY went to the video package for Angle/AJ v Daniels/Kaz. That was strange.

Christian's dropping the IC Belt this week. That's a guarantee.

4w, you liked the BR/Abyss match?..I thought the timing was off the whole time..I could tell what kind of story they were going for, but it just seemed to go too slow for some reason..And I was like you, that was the match I was looking forward to the most but I just don't think it worked tonight..

Thought Taz did a good job of selling Christian, but Hogan could have done better..Christian did a good job puting TNA over by saying the company name about 83 times in 4 minutes..haha

dope matchh 
pimp.gif

Great match. Angle and AJ got the win to become the new tag team champions after Kaz tapped to Angle's Ankle Lock.

10:30pm and Roode/Sting haven't even come to the ring yet. Seems like they're running a little long.

- Thursday’s episode of TNA Impact Wrestling scored a 0.99 cable rating, up from the previous week’s 0.89 rating. This week’s live show averaged 1.25 million viewers, down from the 1.29 million from the previous week.

A WWE source told sports blog Corey Unfiltered (coryradford.blog.com) Friday that Alberto Del Rio suffered a “serious concussion

4w, you liked the BR/Abyss match?..I thought the timing was off the whole time..I could tell what kind of story they were going for, but it just seemed to go too slow for some reason..And I was like you, that was the match I was looking forward to the most but I just don't think it worked tonight..

Thought Taz did a good job of selling Christian, but Hogan could have done better..Christian did a good job puting TNA over by saying the company name about 83 times in 4 minutes..haha

I really liked the match.  To me the timing being off was intentional.  I thought they were telling the story of Park not being a wrestler and it worked well.  I'm really into the Park/Bully/Abyss storyline so I was into the match.  If you don't love the storyline, then there would be no reason to like this match.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Second awesome match of the night. That might have topped the opener. 

The double German Suplex on both Daniels and Kaz from Angle was freaking awesome.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I really liked the match.  To me the timing being off was intentional.  I thought they were telling the story of Park not being a wrestler and it worked well.  I'm really into the Park/Bully/Abyss storyline so I was into the match.  If you don't love the storyline, then there would be no reason to like this match.

I figured the timing was intentional, but I just think they went Too slow..I like the storyline and think it's one of the better wrestling angles of the year, but I just hate to see Bully Ray involved in a story that doesn't have him headlining ppv's and in the title picture..

Is Vince McMahon Trying To Get Vickie Guerrero To Forfeit Their Lifetime Deal? (Wow, Vince is a real douche if true. Anti- Bullying Campaign is a joke.)

For reasons publicly unclear, Vickie Guerrero has been subject to numerous verbal taunts concerning her weight throughout her tenure with WWE. Despite the placement of an anti-bullying policy and Guerrero herself losing over fifty pounds, the insults about her appearance continue to linger on WWE television shows. Last month at Over the Limit, commentator Jerry Lawler spent much of the WWE Tag Team Championship Match hurling weight-related barbs at Guerrero, who was wearing a dress with holes cut out.

When Vickie’s husband Eddie Guerrero died of heart failure in November 2005, Vince McMahon stated at a press conference that he promised to financially take care of her family for the rest of their lives. However, rather than dispense money to Guerrero for free, she was summoned to work for the organization as a television character despite having minimal training and experience. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer was asked by a reader this weekend whether McMahon’s constant degradation of Guerrero is being done to get her to quit WWE, thereby forfeiting their lifetime deal.

“I don’t think they’ve ever tried to run her off. They just had an idea for her character.

Horrible ending to an awesome PPV.

Roode cracked a beer bottle (a six pack was still at ringside from Storm's return) over Stings head. The ref, Bryan Hebner, made the cover despite the broken glass and other beers sitting right in the middle of the ring.

Sting beating Roode all over the arena after the match. Sting hit a Scorpion Death Drop off the stage to end the show.

I don't think the ending was horrible..Could have ended better, but overall I say it was about a 7.5/10 main event..And the PPV itself was probably somewhere in the 7.5 to 8 range..Definately TNA's best ppv in awhile and I'd say the 2nd best wrestling ppv of the year behind WM..

I don't think the ending was horrible..Could have ended better, but overall I say it was about a 7.5/10 main event..And the PPV itself was probably somewhere in the 7.5 to 8 range..Definately TNA's best ppv in awhile and I'd say the 2nd best wrestling ppv of the year behind WM..

I wouldn't rank the main event nearly that high.  It was a slow match without a ton of action.  Kind of have to expect this from Sting at this point in his career, but Sting has had much better matches than this one.
I hated the ending not because of the beer bottle shot, but because the beer bottles were sitting right in front of Hebner as he counted the 3.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Someone call 911 cause 4w's mind just exploded..Sting is the first inductee into the TNA HOF!!!!!!!!

Sting was the right choice to put into the HOF tonight.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]didn't watch tonight... But through everything AJ was the one there. Should have been Him, Daniels, JJ or one of the few faces that have been there since 02... sting got there 06... if it was to go to anyone that came later it should have been Angle...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I took this as to be a Pure TNA HOF... But if it's an in general HOF then nvm.[/color]

ITO, TNA inducted sting 1st to probably show off the WWE, imo.

JJ should have been 1st imo.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]JJ or AJ would have been the way i would have went imo.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But, as i usually don't agree with 4W, Sting holds no drawing power anymore. And WWE (vince) has never cared about a product or person he didn't create. I really think they (he) could care less.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]JJ or AJ would have been the way i would have went imo.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But, as i usually don't agree with 4W, Sting holds no drawing power anymore. And WWE (vince) has never cared about a product or person he didn't create. I really think they (he) could care less.[/color]

I wouldn't have inducted AJ.  He's still too much in the prime of his career.  I don't like the idea of active wrestlers being in the Hall of Fame (Sting is more of a lifetime achievement award and he doesn't wrestle regularly).
Jeff Jarrett should go in, but I think Sting going in first was a better choice because it got the good reaction from the live crowd.

Back
Top Bottom