AGAIN? - Baltimore Man Dies From Injuries During Arrest

Don't think it can be changed from the inside, higher ups need to either regulate the unions or gut them completely and go from there...

You're probably right :smh:

The idea of good people infiltrating a corrupt system and reconstructing it into something noble is very appealing to me, but I realize that it's unlikely outside of a storybook.

It has nothing to do with race, although there are over-lapping incidences which make it seem that way. It has everything to do w/ CORRUPTION !!!  End corruption now, abuse of power, police brutality!!  Equality, and underlying principles that formed our nation NEEDS TO BE RESTORED.  

Please teach and influence our future generations for the better.

Last edited:
the statistics on police brutality disagree with that statement

i didnt mean it that way... i would just like to see this country reinvigorate itself on equality,.fairness, justice, and resetablish human rights principle.

whites still dominate this country.

Don't think it can be changed from the inside, higher ups need to either regulate the unions or gut them completely and go from there...

You're probably right :smh:

The idea of good people infiltrating a corrupt system and reconstructing it into something noble is very appealing to me, but I realize that it's unlikely outside of a storybook.

This is what's likely to happen to you:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-rat-police-brutality-claim-article-1.2077632

Cliffs:
- rising star in his department; made detective after less than 2 years on the job
- witnessed fellow cop beat suspect and decided to file a complaint against the advice of his sergeant; ended up testifying in court against 2 officers
- during subsequent confrontations with suspects, couldn't receive backup; all the cops in his dept turned on him, calling him a snitch and a rat
- got demoted and security clearance was removed
- found a dead rat on the windshield of his car after receiving multiple indirect threats from fellow officers
- moved back to his parents' house because of safety concerns
- eventually resigned from his position

LOL, a buddy of mine said he thought he saw David Blaine around Baltimore earlier this week... He was...
Interesting..... Cop responded to what card do you have by first stating "Black, nine of clubs"  Goto 1:20 and watch from there.  Even Blaine was shook by the inclusion of "black"  

am i reaching or am i seeing??

Citizens need to able to vote for police chief... It's not a fix, but it's a start...

Standards for becoming a cop need to be higher. They make life and death decisions but you only need a HS diploma and a Driver's license? Not hating on anyone who didn't go to college, but its kinda ridiculous how low the requirements are for a job that carries so much responsibility.

Also, they need to focus more on community involvement instead of community disrupment. In the 3 places I've spent significant time I've NEVER seen the local beat cop introduce themselves to those in the community. This "us vs them" mentality a lot of them have is sick. You're supposed to protect the community, not harass people in it

Last edited:
Actually bravo bravo , I thought the same thing but I thought I was reaching too. I was thinking if I posted without saying anything someone could see it too...

Standards for becoming a cop need to be higher. They make life and death decisions but you only need a HS diploma and a Driver's license? Not hating in anyone who didn't go to college, but its kina ridiculous how low the requirements are for a job that carries so much responsibility.

Also, they need to focus more on community involvement instead of community disrupment. In the 3 places I've spent significant time I've NEVER seen the local beat cop introduce themselves to those in the community. This "us vs them" mentality a lot of them have is sick. You're supposed to protect the community, not harass people in it

Strong post.

EVERYONE on the police force should excel in critical thinking. But instead, many on the force are impulsive and aggressive, and unfortunately uneducated like you said. These characteristics are NOT ideal for someone allowed to use a gun on people.

It's tough because the kind of people you need on the force, ASTUTE and OBJECTIVE, are not the kinds of people that want to be cops. So you get the "scraps" signing up. I have no idea what the police can do to attract a more qualified talent pool.

This is all generally speaking, of course there are great police officers out there, but think they're the minority

EDIT: This is going to sound very idealistic/naive, but I've always felt that the police should almost serve a diplomatic role, between the local government and the people. But the culture in law enforcement has evolved in the completely opposite direction.

Also, it is very alarming that the cops seem almost "giddy" when they get to break out the military gear. Like they can't wait to establish the Police State. What motivates a lot of these guys is really freaking sad :smh:

Last edited:
Don ****uN tried to get her to slip, handled herself well

Fine and classy. Wonder if she got a instagram. :nerd:

Do y'all think that these kind of egregious situations inspire any young people to pursue a career in law enforcement in order to try to change the system from the inside?

It has to start at the top. Only way to kill a snake. The cops are just the soldiers.

Strong post.

EVERYONE on the police force should excel in critical thinking. But instead, many on the force are impulsive and aggressive, and unfortunately uneducated like you said. These characteristics are NOT ideal for someone allowed to use a gun on people.

It's tough because the kind of people you need on the force, ASTUTE and OBJECTIVE, are not the kinds of people that want to be cops. So you get the "scraps" signing up. I have no idea what the police can do to attract a more qualified talent pool.

This is all generally speaking, of course there are great police officers out there, but think they're the minority

EDIT: This is going to sound very idealistic/naive, but I've always felt that the police should almost serve a diplomatic role, between the local government and the people. But the culture in law enforcement has evolved in the completely opposite direction.

Also, it is very alarming that the cops seem almost "giddy" when they get to break out the military gear. Like they can't wait to establish the Police State. What motivates a lot of these guys is really freaking sad :smh:

Most are uneducated and power hungry. I have a Uncle who's been a cop in Detroit for 20+ years, he's by far the most uneducated and ignorant person in my family. Dude used to come to family events with his bulletproof vest on because he thought it made him cool :lol:. But I digress.

The sad thing is the ignorant people they hire to be cops turn off the intelligent, thoughtful people who would consider being one. I'd love to be involved and serve my community, but there's no way I'm about to be riding around with some egotistical, power hungry clown roughing teenagers up for weed and trying to meet ticket quotas.

Strong post.

Also, it is very alarming that the cops seem almost "giddy" when they get to break out the military gear. Like they can't wait to establish the Police State. What motivates a lot of these guys is really freaking sad
mean.gif
Most are uneducated and power hungry. I have a Uncle who's been a cop in Detroit for 20+ years, he's by far the most uneducated and ignorant person in my family. Dude used to come to family events with his bulletproof vest on because he thought it made him cool
laugh.gif
. But I digress.

The sad thing is the ignorant people they hire to be cops turn off the intelligent, thoughtful people who would consider being one. I'd love to be involved and serve my community, but there's no way I'm about to be riding around with some egotistical, power hungry clown roughing teenagers up for weed and trying to meet ticket quotas.
Bingo. Add to the fact that most will see you as nothing more than an Uncle Tom with the same disruptive mindset as every other civil servant people have had to deal with and you have a resounding, 'no'.

I've always wondered, why is there ticket quotas?

Same reason they locking dudes up at an alarming rate for less than an 1/8 Oz of bud [emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji] gotta keep that going.

Last edited:
This. If one young man thinks he's gonna significantly change anything by joining the force, it will end one of two ways

Dormer :pimp:

I dont condone wanton vigiliantism but if u join the force and follow ur moral compass and actually be a compassionate human being id say there is a 50/50 chance u either end up like Crystal (blackballed) or Dormer (driven to vindictive insanity by the *******).

Then there was that cop that was killed by members of his own fraternity for coming forward. Its a damn shame.

If ive said it once ive said it a thousand times... keep all special units/forces/details... get rid of patrolmen period. We can govern our own communities and roads. We just need assitance standing up to truly criminal enterprises

Something like 50% of the revenue in Ferguson came from tickets. Basically they've imposed an unwritten tax on its citizens.

You can say "stop breaking the law" but giving people a 100 ticket for a broken tailight in a communuty thats at the poverty line, which then doubles if you don't pay it in a month, is straight robbery.

I know nonviolent people who've been locked up and had to pay upwards of $2000 to stay out of jail because stupid stuff like tint tickets and having an air freshener on your review mirror. If you ain't got the money those tickets add up, they suspend your license, you get caught with a suspended license..then you're in jail.

And its ALL about the money. Its not at all about public safety because if it was they wouldn't let you get your license back period. But if you got the $$$ then its all good.

Sick system that we live in.

Something like 50% of the revenue in Ferguson came from tickets. Basically they've imposed an unwritten tax on its citizens.

You can say "stop breaking the law" but giving people a 100 ticket for a broken tailight in a communuty thats at the poverty line, which then doubles if you don't pay it in a month, is straight robbery.

I know nonviolent people who've been locked up and had to pay upwards of $2000 to stay out of jail because stupid stuff like tint tickets and having an air freshener on your review mirror. If you ain't got the money those tickets add up, they suspend your license, you get caught with a suspended license..then you're in jail.

And its ALL about the money. Its not at all about public safety because if it was they wouldn't let you get your license back period. But if you got the $$$ then its all good.

Sick system that we live in.

Even though his comedy is mad annoying at times, Jon Oliver had done a great piece about this

-When you got a citizens who hate having to pay taxes, so states and local funding local governments have to find end arounds to fund programs but still keep up the act of "small government"

Then throw in the fact that if they targeted everyone equally, middle class and rich white folks would complain, and this hustle would be stopped dead it's tracks. Kinda like the War of Drugs. So minorities, the working poor and especially blacks are targeted.

Then throw in racist/white supremacist local officials, judges, police chiefs, etc.

Then the police culture of us vs. them mentality many police departments (especially in the big city) seem to have.

Mix that all up and you got a recipe for disaster .

Fixing this problem in my opinion goes far beyond just requiring higher standards for police officers. Because to attract better people you gonna have to pay more/give them more benefits, and that won't be free.

Now try asking people to pay more in taxes (which the hate to do already) to give to police (which a good number of people dislike already for multiple reasons). There not gonna want to do it..

-Another one, on how the office hustles people. I believe I read a while back that the Justice Department has tried to cracked down on this though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom