AGAIN? - Baltimore Man Dies From Injuries During Arrest

The thing thats tripping me out is the bedwench that was slapping her son aroudn for fighting for his rights.. WS Secret Weapon = Yo Momma

This dude Obama just condemned 'thugs and criminals' for turning up in Baltimore but didn't have any of that vitriol for these murderous police officers.  Let's face it, he has been a massive letdown for us.   He always has the most stern finger-wagging **** to scold blacks with but he stumbles and fumbles over his words when talking about all these killer cops and the corrupt PDs who enable them. 

**** has gotten worse for us since he came in office and all he can do is sing the 'let the system play itself out' song and dance.  Absolutely spineless, this guy really pulled the wool over our eyes back in 08.   Hint: Whenever they start talking about 'the DOJ is investigating' that means absolutely nothing at all is going to happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/politics/obama-baltimore-violent-protests/index.html

I don't agree with a lot of this

and especially with it's gotten worse. What's always been there is just getting exposed.

mean.gif

oh man
+1 for attempting to ease tensions?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude Obama just condemned 'thugs and criminals' for turning up in Baltimore but didn't have any of that vitriol for these murderous police officers.  Let's face it, he has been a massive letdown for us.   He always has the most stern finger-wagging **** to scold blacks with but he stumbles and fumbles over his words when talking about all these killer cops and the corrupt PDs who enable them. 

**** has gotten worse for us since he came in office and all he can do is sing the 'let the system play itself out' song and dance.  Absolutely spineless, this guy really pulled the wool over our eyes back in 08.   Hint: Whenever they start talking about 'the DOJ is investigating' that means absolutely nothing at all is going to happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/politics/obama-baltimore-violent-protests/index.html

President a figure head b. I bet he would have a different point of view if he wasn't in office

Hate seeing the looting and destroying property in our own communities but at the same time conditions in the area or already poor.

But they impacting your neighbors jobs and peoples lives by destroying limited resources. The pain and anger is understandable but I cant understand why we result to damaging stuff right in our reach.

If the violence must be carried out, I would rather go to the good side of town. Put the frustration and anger right in those folks face that live their day to day lives uninterested, and unaware of whats going on and how their indifference impacts everything.

They see these images on the news and it still doesnt have a true impact. Go burn down the DA's office... go burn down where ppl go get their lunch that work in the areas of Police Department go do sumtin somewhere other than the blocks you got man.

I dont agree with the violence at all but Im just sayin if it must be done......

Good points.

My question is how are we going to get all these people in poor communities together and transport them to that good side of town to commit these acts of violence? Afterwards, how are we going to get them all back to their communities without being chased by the police? You have to figure they're going to be unfamiliar territory, how do they at least try to get away?

Also, you mention the DA's office and police dept, how are they going to attack these places and not have to worry about the cops coming out firing bullets? Mind you, most of these folks involved in the riots picked their weapons of choice off the ground, they weren't strapped up.

Well if they gon be bout that protest criminal life then they need to go all the way there with it... Take the metro buses, by take, i mean the maddest ones hop on that *** and push the bus driver to the side and load up. Take over the school buses... the kids dont wanna be in the failing school no way, hell its field trip time.

Dont mess up stuff cuz its convenient.. if they really that mad take the steps to execute... Getting arrested shouldnt be an obstacle, they ready to be criminals and complete criminal acts, no?

And the cops already killing us for less man.

Again the cops prolly let those fools burn down they own stuff... why risk their officers over an area thats already neglected?? Sure its some upstanding ppl in the area thats gon suffer but if the ppl in the community dont care, you know the corrupt cops aint.

As I type all that it all sounds so stupid cuz like we both know violence aint gonna solve nothing...but being peaceful wont either smh

I feel you, just gaining more insight on other people's opinion in regards to this situation.

I disagree with you man. You must have some type of idea on how measured and balanced Obama has been. He has been demonstrating it throughout his entire presidency. Dont pick and choose things to harp on. He acknowledges the things impacting our community each time. You are being dishonest if you cant see that

Even if he feels the cops are thugs and animals he cant speak that from his position. The ppl destroying B-More ARE acting like thugs and animals... Dont lump them in with the good ppl protesting.... its a difference.

Because she didn't want her son out there doing who knows what she's now a bedwench and an agent of white supremacy? Stick to talking about icy shoes b.
Because if the cops were beating him up she WOULDNT be slapping the cops like that.. she would be sitting on the sideline... 

Last paragraph was the highlight of the article imo, although the entirety of it is a short but powerful piece:

"When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con."

Just throwing my .02. I don't post often. First off let me say while I didn't have the best childhood, I'm in no delusion that it was as bad as it could be for someone from that area. I am white. I married a black woman and have 3 kids. Where I live we get looks wherever we go from white couples who you can see are disgusted and it breaks my heart for my wife and kids. I don't think ANYONE should be treated differently at all for the color of their skin, the amount of money in their bank account, or what clothes they want to wear. I want my kids to grow up in a time where everyone can be respected equally for the right reasons..and with the way it's going based on the killings, rioting, and ridiculous reactions from a small group of people on both sides my kids won't enjoy that luxury and its a damn shame. Hopefully by the time they have grand kids this sickness that is racism is scourged from our society.

With all that said RIP to those who have been unjustly killed

I disagree with you man. You must have some type of idea on how measured and balanced Obama has been. He has been demonstrating it throughout his entire presidency. Dont pick and choose things to harp on. He acknowledges the things impacting our community each time. You are being dishonest if you cant see that
Look man...what I'm saying is, Obama loves scolding black folks but doesn't have anything to say to the killer cops other than 'do some soul-searching' and other feather-fisted comments.  You can't point to one single incident where he condemned paid public officials (cops) for abusing or murdering black people. 

It's like AEA said, for a lot of people this only became worthy of speaking on once property crimes happened.  When it was just a black person getting murdered by a cop, people in this thread AND Obama didn't have **** to say.  Once buildings started burning, it became finger wagging time.

You should watch the video in that link to understand where I'm coming from.

Last paragraph was the highlight of the article imo, although the entirety of it is a short but powerful piece:

"When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con."
Listen, I believe in nonviolence... but at least I practice it.  Coming from these people, it's pure hypocrisy.  You don't stab someone in the back and then shout "nonviolence!" when they turn around.

If public officials value nonviolence so much, let them apply its principles to law enforcement.  

Listen, I believe in nonviolence... but at least I practice it.  Coming from these people, it's pure hypocrisy.  You don't stab someone in the back and then shout "nonviolence!" when they turn around.

If public officials value nonviolence so much, let them apply its principles to law enforcement.  
THIS!!!

I find it hilarious how everyone's trying to make it seem like these kids just turned Baltimore into a post apocalyptic scene.

Have some of you ever driven through East/West Baltimore before?

They grew up in a post apocalyptic scene. I guess the urban decay and kids killing kids every night for generations in Baltimore wasn't enough to warrant such a national outcry.

Fight the police..burn down a CVS, some liquor stores, and tear down a mall that was a hotbed for violence...and NOW it's time to get things under control.

Meanwhile...we'll all forget about this after the cops get away w/ another murder...and this happens again in 2 weeks...and the same arguments will be had. 

Rinse and repeat.

My guy IlluminatiNYC, what's going on fam, how's everything?

Question, the quote you posted, do you know the exact date or year MLK made that statement?
Not much..just been busy with moving, and changing jobs. You?

As for the MLK quote, it was from his book from 1968 but also part of his Nobel Peace prize speech in 1964 I believe. Here's the rest of it:

“If [African-Americans] and other victims of oppression succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle for freedom, future generations will be the recipients of a desolate night of bitterness, and our chief legacy to them will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos. Violence is not the way.”

“Are we seeking power for power’s sake? Or are we seeking to make the world and our nation better places to live. If we seek the latter, violence can never provide the answer. The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence, you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

“The beauty of nonviolence is that in its own way and in its own time it seeks to break the chain reaction of evil. With a majestic sense of spiritual power, it seeks to elevate truth, beauty and goodness to the throne. Therefore I will continue to follow this method because I think it is the most practically sound and morally excellent way for [African-Americans] to achieve freedom."

Because she didn't want her son out there doing who knows what she's now a bedwench and an agent of white supremacy? Stick to talking about icy shoes b.
Because if the cops were beating him up she WOULDNT be slapping the cops like that.. she would be sitting on the sideline... 
Oh so now you can see into alternate realities? That's a valuable skill. Cherish it.

I find it hilarious how everyone's trying to make it seem like these kids just turned Baltimore into a post apocalyptic scene.

Have some of you ever driven through East/West Baltimore before?

They grew up in a post apocalyptic scene. I guess the urban decay and kids killing kids every night for generations in Baltimore wasn't enough to warrant such a national outcry.

Fight the police..burn down a CVS, some liquor stores, and tear down a mall that was a hotbed for violence...and NOW it's time to get things under control.

Meanwhile...we'll all forget about this after the cops get away w/ another murder...and this happens again in 2 weeks...and the same arguments will be had. 

Rinse and repeat.
yep 

Back
Top Bottom