Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

dont act like we're crazy for wanting to do what it takes to make these shoes how they shouldve come in the first place. Just be happy that people like us figured out a solution for you.

Acting like 'ewww, irons? exposing the raw edges??"
images

relax, you know damned well it aint that hardcore.

What happened to the men in this day and age? I picture most of you having zero idea on how to change a tire. When and why did everyone decide being prissy was the right way forward?

i think the point is it's not that serious to be doing all that. but hey...if peeps pay for the shoes, do whatever you want. there's a clear group of people who are very obsessive about recreating the shoe it was back in 89, and another group who is totally ok with it as is. and they can coexist.

Idk it feels like a natural progression to customize shoes. When I got into shoes I played around with ways to keep my shoes clean. This is back during the barkeepers friend/ magic eraser/ sea glow/ tooth whitener/ and bleach pen days. I learned how to iron out creases in leather and to remove creases from suede by dying them, then I moved on to painting midsoles and learning to remove and mask light creases on leather somewhere in there I just went all in and started doing actual customs......when your punching holes in 5s and using dyes on yeezys and 11s you lose the normal fear that a lot of you still have. You’ll make mistakes but u learn from them

Last edited:
160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep stay buying pairs early from NYC mom & pop shops. Been doing it for decades.

The two pairs came from 2 Instagram resellers
they both had receipts from the SNKRS app

Its the same price i wanted to pay at a mom and pop shop

In The past three years the majority of the shoes I brought didnt
Come from small shops I copped off the snkrs app

To tell you to truth that’s the way I prefer to buy sneakers not giving my money to the crooked little stores who are losing their accounts left and right or Now these shops get the shoes late and some release they don’t get at all

Been buying off snkrs and StockX for the most part
But I do buy from mom and pops if the Price is close to retail or fair mark up just not as much as past years

I just wanted this shoe very badly

Last edited:
It all went downhill fast after everyone started wearing ladies' pants. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
motleycrue13uw61ll1.jpg

that damn motley crue

somehow these guys still look like theyd beat these lady pant boys today down

I blame the food supply. (probably the onslaught of green bananas)

Last edited:
I personally think it looks much cleaner without the white line. This is like people complaining about space jam 11's having the white and then having to sharpie around the edges to make it all black. Make up your damn mind, people.
Those people don't know jack. I pretend they don't exist.

green bananas actually has higher content of digestive enzymes that aids in digestion. what is harmful about it?

can't wait to get these

It’s actually the exact opposite. Don’t know where you got that info from. Your body has a hard time digesting green bananas so they recommend cooking them. Green bananas are high in starch, less potassium, the only good thing is less sugar. Your body needs certain nutrients, minerals and enzymes to digest foods and if the food doesn’t have it, it will strip your body of them.

It’s actually the exact opposite. Don’t know where you got that info from. Your body has a hard time digesting green bananas so they recommend cooking them. Green bananas are high in starch, less potassium, the only good thing is less sugar. Your body needs certain nutrients, minerals and enzymes to digest foods and if the food doesn’t have it, it will strip your body of them.
I like you. I have a passion for nutritional information and soak it up like a sponge. You sound extremely well versed on this. Please post everything you know. I can read this kind of deep info all day.

I like you. I have a passion for nutritional information and soak it up like a sponge. You sound extremely well versed on this. Please post everything you know. I can read this kind of deep info all day.
I only buy my bananas at Target.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/green-bananas-good-or-bad

i meant to highlight the prebiotic benefits of green bananas. but they have digestive enzymes.

What the heck is this banana talk :rofl:
This is a great example of why, after about 20 years, NT is still my favorite website by far. Obviously you have to be into sneakers to enjoy it in the first place, and that's the main content, but the comedy--intentional and unintentional--is almost just as important. I have laughed so hard at so many things on this site over the years, it's amazing. From the Vick jersey to 1,000 other random bits of hilarity I have long since forgotten, there's no other place on the internet that amuses me nearly as much as NT. If someone forced me to pick one, and only one, website to visit from here on out, I wouldn't even hesitate. Even if I stopped buying sneakers tomorrow LOL

Last edited:
:lol: All this banana talk I thought folks was talking about the shoe's shape
btw sweet plantains > green bananas

Back
Top Bottom