Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

What’s the shape looking like after wearing them?
They lasted they just have a wierd crease on the side of the toe gaurd I think its because they had a crooked point on the left toe box and I ironed them and it folded over in the side but most came out.

I stuff'd them then went over the the only piece that didn't come out was the side fold on the toe. But most came out

20190917_221704.jpg
Man, good work. I thought that fix would be doable, congrats. The next time you might want to iron some toes, you know what to do now.

These look clean as f
Thanks dude. I have to say, I'm pretty ****ing pleased with myself and these IVs right about now :rofl:
For all of the ****ed up retros we've gotten over the years, to have one that is hugely and easily fixable is a shock to me. I keep looking at them and just going, "Damn!" Of course, the fact Nike/JB didn't just give them to us right in the first place is a ****ing joke. But I'm good now. :pimp:

Last edited:
Like to ask does anyone think the Jordan 4 what the. Be a hard shoe to cop. If this is in the wrong thread or place I apologize Thanks everyone

Like to ask does anyone think the Jordan 4 what the. Be a hard shoe to cop. If this is in the wrong thread or place I apologize Thanks everyone

I think it's really hard to say b/c it will largely depend on stock. If it's limited it could be difficult. Even if it's a low (but not limited) GR, it should be fine. Only us 4 fans who think this is unique really want them. Hopefully they have no resale value and I can grab a pair easily. Even better would be they go on discount and I get a credit back from Nike later! There is a thread for this shoe you should join.

I think it's really hard to say b/c it will largely depend on stock. If it's limited it could be difficult. Even if it's a low (but not limited) GR, it should be fine. Only us 4 fans who think this is unique really want them. Hopefully they have no resale value and I can grab a pair easily. Even better would be they go on discount and I get a credit back from Nike later! There is a thread for this shoe you should join.
Link like to kept my eye on it thanks

After 15-20 wears no more pinky toe torture.

Question. We’re these white lines y’all doing on these playoff/all star Retro Iv’s On the OG version? 1999 I know of.

5504A30B-3898-4856-9C49-AE30E693C743.jpeg
97DAF092-074D-4539-8262-F7E29889519D.jpeg
Well then ...
Came home. Finally motivated myself to bust out the iron. This could not have been easier. I should have done this three months ago. Completely pleased with the results and it was drama-free. You can obviously see the difference. Oh, and zero wrinkles. :nthat:
Now just to add the lines with my LIGHT gray pencil and it’s a wrap. Damn this is sick :lol:
@tonytobacco @JRepp23 @marztharealist @spoonmanofthehour I told you I’d get to it eventually LOL

7991C5B8-C237-443E-9545-7149879B6D1F.jpeg
DAF38416-755F-4E3C-88AC-AABA4AB4769F.jpeg

You, sir. Are a wizard. Yours came out spectacular. I was inspired by your success so decided to give mine a little iron attention. Ended up with a little snag in the front of the toebox, but nothing really noticeable unless you are looking for it. Other than that, it helped reshape the shoe to a much more attractive silhouette.

Important note for anyone trying the iron method - make sure you let them dry completely before wearing them. You can really jack them up if you don’t.

You, sir. Are a wizard. Yours came out spectacular. I was inspired by your success so decided to give mine a little iron attention. Ended up with a little snag in the front of the toebox, but nothing really noticeable unless you are looking for it. Other than that, it helped reshape the shoe to a much more attractive silhouette.

Important note for anyone trying the iron method - make sure you let them dry completely before wearing them. You can really jack them up if you don’t.
Teach us your ways

Hahaha, thanks, man. But I can't take any credit at all other than showing you it was easily doable, as I just copied the method others came up with somewhere along the way. But you can probably attest now, I wasn't lying when I said this is super easy and there's nothing to fear. That little wrinkle in your toe, that's no big deal. If there's one thing people need to be a little careful about, it's that when you are ironing, don't get carried away. Go slow, take your time, put a little pressure on the shoes with the iron but don't mash them, and make sure the toes are stuffed as well as you can physically manage. I was about to do mine again after the first go around to get them even a bit more slanted, but I decided not to press my luck for now. The main thing is to just get rid of that nonsensical square toe the shoes have from the factory. You did a great job on your pair. Now you just need to add the lines! Make sure you use a LIGHT GRAY pencil, not white. I bought mine at Michael's arts and crafts. It's literally labeled LIGHT GRAY, so there's no confusion about whether you have the right one or not LOL

Smh they should have came like that makes shoe look way better
It's not even a debate on this particular Jordan model. I've never been someone to do something like this in my entire life and usually I'd say it's not even worth it. But once I saw what could be done with these, I couldn't not do it. They look twice as good now.

the funny thing is, it's not that hard to get the shape right. they just refuse to do so.
there's literally no extra work involved for the factory.
Exactly. It's a joke.

you're good bro. good work on this. tempted to work on mine.
You should do it. You won't regret it.

Yeah I've don it on my Royal 1, Huarache OG, etc.
Just never done anything with durabuck / nubuck
As far as I can see, there's no difference. If anything I would think the durabuck is more pliable than regular leather/synthetic leather so it doesn't take much elbow grease to achieve the desired result. Just make sure you wet the toes and use the wet t shirt over them, and use common sense in the ironing process, and you'll be good. Once I finally sucked it up and did mine, I was like, yo, I'm an idiot, there's nothing to this, I should've done it already LOL

LMAO! you've convinced me. if I mess up it's on you now bud.
I'll do it this weekend, probably gonna take it slow and do a slight adjustment first.

Back
Top Bottom