Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

^i also went 1/2 size up. I figured these would fit just like the '07 version. Was able to confirm this when my pair came in today from ndc. Compared to my beat down '07's, there are some differences but overall a solid release. The midsole paint is a bit duller, no shine compared to the last version. Carpet patch on the tongue is flat like 5 year old carpet. I swear I think they got the carpet from foreclosed homes to save some $ on these. Another observation on these is the padding in the tongue, not as thick and puffy compared to the previous retro. I'll probably pick up another pair down the road since viii's make great winter shoes due to the ridiculous amount of heat they trap. On to the toro iv's next Saturday and I'm pretty much done for this year. Gonna save myself for the year of the vi's next year.

Does anybodys box have a big thumb print on the front side Below the top part that lifts up ?
indifferent.gif

sick.gif

alien.gif
 Nah b. nah, you not serious. 

playoff 8s + hazelnut X = 20% voucher used...cannot wait for the post man to visit me this week :D

Woke up at 9:50am on release day and managed to cop online from finishline within seconds. 

They got here and now I don't want em anymore. smh definitely an impulse cop

So just got my pair form NDC and the box they shipped in was soaked from the rain. (Jersey).  Opened the box to find the receipt soaked and one side of the box for the actual shoes was wet and ripped.  Then I looked at the shoes and they have this stain on them! Anyone else with this problem? (The stain won't come off I tried, It might be some type of glue.)

So just got my pair form NDC and the box they shipped in was soaked from the rain. (Jersey).  Opened the box to find the receipt soaked and one side of the box for the actual shoes was wet and ripped.  Then I looked at the shoes and they have this stain on them! Anyone else with this problem? (The stain won't come off I tried, It might be some type of glue.)
View media item 483907

View media item 483908

View media item 483909

looks like glue fam. you can try goo gone but be careful u dont discolor anything

View media item 483907

View media item 483908

View media item 483909

If it was UPS I would have said to reject the packaged just based on it being soaked. Since today is Saturday I'm assuming UPS transferred the package to USPS and they just left it out. Before you try anything call Nike first. You never know they might still be available at the warehouse or they might just have you call up a Nike store and buy it from them. If that is a no go then I would try why the member above suggested. Sucks to hear that happened. Let us know how the situation plays out.

If you end up keeping the pair still call Nike to complain about the box and the stains. They will give you 15-20% off code that you can use on any release at anytime. Another member posted that useful information in the Lebron thread. Would love to give him his credit but I don't remember his username.

Last edited:
Order another pair and return these. Nike stores still have your just gonna be on your phone for a little while. I ordered another pair from Niketown Las Vegas on wednesday, called today still sitting there. Dont try cleaning them, just try finding another pair.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Nike offered for me to keep them for 10 percent off or return them.  They are paying for return shipping.   I was able to cop another pair from Eastbay so I'll probably return them.

I got my pair in today and I was impressed with the quality but my pair had some creasing and weird dents on the toebox. They weren't factory laced either and I think they were worn already but idk if I should return them and search for a new pair or just keep them. Are there any aces in NY that still have these in stock?

I got my pair in today and I was impressed with the quality but my pair had some creasing and weird dents on the toebox. They weren't factory laced either and I think they were worn already but idk if I should return them and search for a new pair or just keep them. Are there any aces in NY that still have these in stock?
Doubt your gonna find them in NYC now. I think its over, but other states still do have sizes.

Back
Top Bottom