Air Jordan xxxiv first info

Loving my 34 se super clean and thanks to the wifey for the dope tee
20200228_181115.jpg

it would have been best if the other guy on the right is not on it. no offense but seems out of place.

Nah, it's not a threat! I got 25+ shoes already boxed up. Just gotta call a place locally to see if they are interested. If not, I'm hitting that sell button on SX! It's time. I'm not leaving entirely, but seriously cutting the collection down. Keep a core of shoes I love and off the rest. I hit that moment when I hesitated to buy something (where in the past it was just buy it), I know it's time to move on. I'll always be in this hobby, and will get some new things (Fire Red V, Flint 13s, any new Agassi retro) but it's definitely changed and NOT for the better.

I was and still in the same predicament, love to collect and wear (and I'm not in that so-called sneakerhead B.S. culture that people are mumbling about which is btw is nothing more than hype and resell and not actual love for the shoe). but then piling up shoes over the years somehow brought injustice for the shoes. the shoes and materials break down no matter if it stays unworn. and they end up not looking good as well. so I'm just here wearing different shoes everyday til they break rather than see them degrade over time.

For those interested the black cats, Lapstone & Hammer is having a flash sale.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 4.55.13 PM.png

not surprised. I have been looking at these whenever I visit my local Nike and FTL stores and I could seem to find love for them. they just look too basic despite how awesome they are on court. anyway, it's odd it's out of stock somewhere. find these sitting more and no interest unlike the other colorways which are out of stock.

I like it, but the heel would have to just be solid grey material IMO but the CW is fire

dude is crushing that midsole though :rofl:

the-sneakers-of-zion-williamson-of-the-new-orleans-pelicans-during-picture-id1204074657

the-sneakers-of-zion-williamson-of-the-new-orleans-pelicans-during-picture-id1204074656

The colorway is dope to me. The weird heel ruins it. I guess somebody at Nike has some kind of marketing intel telling them put hair and fur and stuff on shoes. You got the Bugs Bunny Lebron 17 lows, the Air Max 97 golf grass joints, and now these. So they did Mardi Gras, Pelicans and Alligators for some of his PEs. I wonder what's next. They won't do a hurricane because that's tasteless but I'm running out of quintessentially New Orleans themes unless they're going to make a saints one.

AJ_Zion_PE_-XXXIV_Pelican_D3_Insoles_HR-1080x811.jpg

Got in both the Amber Rise and white/black/red this week so figured I’d take a couple comparison pics.

D79A6CE2-CE32-4D30-9B65-8F9421E2C5EF.jpeg

4780BADE-41F2-4610-A387-05EFC0691340.jpeg

45417F80-84EC-4104-8883-5EA057D1517B.jpeg

1C3313DA-005E-40B5-B536-0C7149CA6E3E.jpeg

I think I like the Ambers better tbh. Wanted both in hand before deciding which to hoop in, didn’t mean for two pairs originally. Fit definitely feels snug for my TTS but I like a lockdown fit on the court.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with GOAT?

I can attest if it has something with authentication. I sent SX a DS pair of 2004 Jordan 12 Flint Grey. Never worn. Tried on years ago on carpet in my house, sure, but never worn. The said they were and the pics they sent were bogus. A teeny pebble in a groove in the outside. And a dark slight 1" scuff on the outsole. Sure, it's been in a box for 16 years!! The soles and white jumpman were clean as new and ZERO creases (we all know the 12 shows creases easily). Needless to say they came back. I was ticked but their decision is final! Give me a break!!
honestly you just never know. the person on the other end could be a prick or he could just sniff em and approve of it. They're authentication is a bit iffy, but I've sold some unlaced put on foot items but never set outside stuff. Its hit or miss for sure. Just got product sent back because the barcode didn't match the box of other pairs. Sent a Chicago 1 box instead of a black toe. Dunno if they're looking at the product or just nitpicking. I really wish there were competitors to stockX so we could switch around.

honestly you just never know. the person on the other end could be a prick or he could just sniff em and approve of it. They're authentication is a bit iffy, but I've sold some unlaced put on foot items but never set outside stuff. Its hit or miss for sure. Just got product sent back because the barcode didn't match the box of other pairs. Sent a Chicago 1 box instead of a black toe. Dunno if they're looking at the product or just nitpicking. I really wish there were competitors to stockX so we could switch around.

the authentication thing I would say is pure B.S. whether it is GOAT or SX just so you can pay for their service eventhough it is unreliable. with the outsourcing Nike/JB and others are doing, spotting fakes is now next to impossible. the only way to tell fake stuff from real ones is if it is a deliberate and obvious "dirty fake". the ones that are called UAs are not even fake but considered as low/mid tier shoes. anyway, as far as the authentication goes, it is unreliable. and yes, some employees can either be a prick or clueless or both. I had a discussion with a sneaker shop employee some years back that Nike is the only company that have an air cushion in their shoe and acting like I didn't know anything about shoes and was feeling high and mighty about it. I think sneaker store companies should be strict with hiring employees that know what they are talking about.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with GOAT?

I can attest if it has something with authentication. I sent SX a DS pair of 2004 Jordan 12 Flint Grey. Never worn. Tried on years ago on carpet in my house, sure, but never worn. The said they were and the pics they sent were bogus. A teeny pebble in a groove in the outside. And a dark slight 1" scuff on the outsole. Sure, it's been in a box for 16 years!! The soles and white jumpman were clean as new and ZERO creases (we all know the 12 shows creases easily). Needless to say they came back. I was ticked but their decision is final! Give me a break!!

GOAT- Bought a pair of Jordan 1 NY to Paris (brand new, box: good condition) got an outlet return with creases, cracking, missing laces, no box lid. Shipped them back, and they told me they couldn't accept the return because it was missing the box lid :rofl: :rofl: Held my money hostage, held the sneakers hostage, and would not communicate with me. Ultimately they refunded me with GOAT credit MINUS return shipping. I'll never use them again.

As for StockX, had them "fail" a pair of DS 2006 Green Bean 5s due to "inconsistent discoloration" on the plastic mesh. THEY'VE BEEN IN A BOX FOR 14 YEARS!

Anyways...I like the Pelican PE. I'd MUCH rather have that than the dookie monsters. I still can't believe they're actually releasing the diarrhea CW.

Got in both the Amber Rise and white/black/red this week so figured I’d take a couple comparison pics.

D79A6CE2-CE32-4D30-9B65-8F9421E2C5EF.jpeg

4780BADE-41F2-4610-A387-05EFC0691340.jpeg

45417F80-84EC-4104-8883-5EA057D1517B.jpeg

1C3313DA-005E-40B5-B536-0C7149CA6E3E.jpeg

I think I like the Ambers better tbh. Wanted both in hand before deciding which to hoop in, didn’t mean for two pairs originally. Fit definitely feels snug for my TTS but I like a lockdown fit on the court.
Amber Melos are still the best to me. :nthat:

Feel like Zion needs a little softer heel cushion

Wish the ambers flight plate was something different. Like metallic orange or something to pop

These go hard that back heel is fire, but I'm pass bcuz it's not an SE. Speaking of still nothing on my SE, so I hit up Nike chat and they reordered me a pair. I knew something was wrong when i got a 17 character usps tracking number. Ordered new running shoes on the 27th and they're already at the usps store with the traditional 22 character number, hopefully this new pair makes it here.

Played in the SE today and ya, they are def a tad small compared to the regular 34s. It’s doable but I noticed my toe was pretty much touching the end in these, seems like a more slanted toe box or something.

the ankle padding in these is amazing.
91031CF9-A337-4BC8-A60C-649901FA02D5.jpeg

810FEB64-F13F-4F58-B85C-B3140D04759A.jpeg

CE6DBDAA-F532-4743-BC9E-2AAB825EC1D4.jpeg

Quite possibly the only model ive ever seen have better GR’s than PE’s.

IMO. The only "GR" color I have liked for this model has been the launch color. Everything else has been disappointing. Meanwhile, I have liked more than one color for the PE's.

PO

GOAT- Bought a pair of Jordan 1 NY to Paris (brand new, box: good condition) got an outlet return with creases, cracking, missing laces, no box lid. Shipped them back, and they told me they couldn't accept the return because it was missing the box lid :rofl: :rofl: Held my money hostage, held the sneakers hostage, and would not communicate with me. Ultimately they refunded me with GOAT credit MINUS return shipping. I'll never use them again.

As for StockX, had them "fail" a pair of DS 2006 Green Bean 5s due to "inconsistent discoloration" on the plastic mesh. THEY'VE BEEN IN A BOX FOR 14 YEARS!

Anyways...I like the Pelican PE. I'd MUCH rather have that than the dookie monsters. I still can't believe they're actually releasing the diarrhea CW.

I dunno. I mean I couldn't blame them not accepting it with the missing lid considering most buyers that frequent those sites are hypebeasts or resellers that are so anal with the smallest discrepancy. it might end them up not being to sell them for a profit. I can understand Nike since they are a multibillion company and could afford doing recalls as oppose to damaging their reputation.

Played in the SE today and ya, they are def a tad small compared to the regular 34s. It’s doable but I noticed my toe was pretty much touching the end in these, seems like a more slanted toe box or something.

the ankle padding in these is amazing.
91031CF9-A337-4BC8-A60C-649901FA02D5.jpeg

810FEB64-F13F-4F58-B85C-B3140D04759A.jpeg

CE6DBDAA-F532-4743-BC9E-2AAB825EC1D4.jpeg

might be the reason for the "PF" version. I always go half-size up so I guess I'm good. but those pillows look nice. can't wait for my pair to arrive monday. hope there is no problem.

Back
Top Bottom