Beats by Dre Appreciation

Originally Posted by Be Easy

So ya'll are saying the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's are the way to go? Those look good from the price point. Would an amp or a higher model be necessary?
I listen to strictly hip-hop and r&b if that helps at all.

They're definitely good. You should try out the Ultrasone HFI-580 and DT770 Pro if you can, because they're both good. I have the Ultrasone DJ1, a variant of the HFI-580, and they have great bass and overall sound.

Originally Posted by mp3911

Originally Posted by Be Easy

So ya'll are saying the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's are the way to go? Those look good from the price point. Would an amp or a higher model be necessary?
I listen to strictly hip-hop and r&b if that helps at all.

They're definitely good. You should try out the Ultrasone HFI-580 and DT770 Pro if you can, because they're both good. I have the Ultrasone DJ1, a variant of the HFI-580, and they have great bass and overall sound.
I would like to recommend Sennheiser HD 25-II.
Lightweight, and they take beatings like a tank.  These were the first pairs I've used since I've started taking gigs.   It's been 5 years and they've still held up.

I'm in the market right now for a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones.  I know that Beats By Dre just released a wireless version.  Can anyone point me in the right direction, or offer up some help on what would be best headphones to go with.  Preferably over the ear headphones.

Thanks

from what i have read and heard bluetooth is pretty bad - I think they have upgraded it alot in the last couple of years but in general it's not good-

50 cent has a line of headphones that has been getting alot of acclaim from tech blogs...he's actually at CES with them now-  it could be another child of good marketing so i'll defer to the headphone experts but they might be worth a look...i havent experienced them at all but followed the company from the start and the reviews are starting to come out and i havent read a bad one yet

http://smsby50.com/products/sync-wireless-headphone-over-ear-white#

sync_white_8.jpg

[h3][/h3]
[h3]SYNC by 50 - White[/h3]
Over-Ear Wireless Headphone -

Bring your music with you anywhere but ditch the wires with SYNC by 50 Wireless Headphones. Lossless audio for crystal clear wireless sound (up to 50' away) and the ability to sync up to 4 pairs of headphones to a single audio source.

Features
- Professionally tuned Digital EQ
- 16-bit lossless digital sound
- Full on-board controls with   bass boost, volume control & mute
- 50’ wireless range
- Custom 40mm driver
- Soft memory foam cushions
- Passive noise cancellation
- Sync up to 4 users from one source

Includes
- Wired mic cable
- 3.5mm wireless transmitter
- Hard-shell carry case
- Micro USB charging cable
- USB/AC adapter
- Airplane plug adapter
- Soft touch cleaning cloth
- Owners manual
- Product brochure

in other news since this is a BEATS thread

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Monster Will No Longer Make Beats Headphones[/h1]

TheVerge reports:

Beats audio has become a pretty familiar brand around these parts: in addition to the ubiquitous headphones, the company has licensed its brand to HP and is majority owned by HTC — both of which manufacture an increasing number of Beats-branded products. Regardless, it's the headphones that built the brand, and the future of who will be manufacturing them is a little more cloudy today as Beats and Monster will not be renewing their contract.
Sources told Business Week that the split happened because of a disagreement over (what else?) money and credit, with each company believing it deserved more of both.

Monster, for its part, is going to move ahead and attempt to (re)build a headphone empire based on the Monster brand. That's the short term plan. The long term plan isn't clear but one fairly obvious move would be to merge with or buy out SOL Republic, a headphone company founded by Kevin Lee who happens to be son of Monster founder Noel Lee. Lee the younger, despite running his competing headphone brand, has said that he would be "honored' to take over the leading role of Monster someday, adding "Cut me open, I’m a monster and will always be a monster." Given Monster's mixed brand image (especially amongst anybody who know about cables), a partnership with SOL Republic would make a lot of sense.
Beats also has a murky future. The company will surely continue to license its brand out, but who will make headphones is unclear. It just so happens to be majority owned by HTC and HTC just so happens to be a manufacturer of consumer electronics. Even if HTC and Beats don't decide to go down that road, you can be sure that given the amount of money and marketshare that Beats has managed to snatch up, they'll find a way to ensure that there are many many more Beats-branded headphones to come.

Is there anywhere to go to actually listen to these headphones before I buy one online? I went to Best Buy but all they had were the Beats...

How the hell did they not overcome that business hump?

I mean damn that was a cash cow!
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Idiots.

Now people will really see them for what they are.

Is 175 bucks for Beats studios(brand new) worth it? Or should I do some more research for something in the 100-200 price range

Never listened to the beats by dre but i've had a set of skullcandy avaitors($150) for awhile now and they're pretty good

Originally Posted by Kingtre

from what i have read and heard bluetooth is pretty bad - I think they have upgraded it alot in the last couple of years but in general it's not good-

50 cent has a line of headphones that has been getting alot of acclaim from tech blogs...he's actually at CES with them now-  it could be another child of good marketing so i'll defer to the headphone experts but they might be worth a look...i havent experienced them at all but followed the company from the start and the reviews are starting to come out and i havent read a bad one yet

http://smsby50.com/products/sync-wireless-headphone-over-ear-white#

sync_white_8.jpg

[h3][/h3]
[h3]SYNC by 50 - White[/h3]
Over-Ear Wireless Headphone -

Bring your music with you anywhere but ditch the wires with SYNC by 50 Wireless Headphones. Lossless audio for crystal clear wireless sound (up to 50' away) and the ability to sync up to 4 pairs of headphones to a single audio source.

Features
- Professionally tuned Digital EQ
- 16-bit lossless digital sound
- Full on-board controls with   bass boost, volume control & mute
- 50’ wireless range
- Custom 40mm driver
- Soft memory foam cushions
- Passive noise cancellation
- Sync up to 4 users from one source

Includes
- Wired mic cable
- 3.5mm wireless transmitter
- Hard-shell carry case
- Micro USB charging cable
- USB/AC adapter
- Airplane plug adapter
- Soft touch cleaning cloth
- Owners manual
- Product brochure

Thanks for the info.  I've owned a pair of BT headphones before, and the sound was...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  But my co-worker has the wireless beats, and I honestly can't tell the difference between a wired headphones and the wireless.  I'm by no mean an "audiophile", and as a 29 yr old architect, I'm not a hypebeast.  But I need good wireless headphones for daily use.   I looked at those Sleek by 50, and they're $399.99....that might be a bit over my budget.  I did a bit of research and the Sennheiser MM400 might be a good option.  Anybody ever use them?

They are way over priced for what they are, if I did not have a Best Buy gift certificate to use, I would have never paid that much on my own. 

I just got an email from Monster about some new headphones they got coming out.

No....they are called Inspiration headphones, guess they just showed em at the CES show.

beats are overpriced to me... I'd rather get the  Sony MDR XB700
mdrxb7001.jpg

But the headphones I love and use now are the ATH-ES7
smokin.gif
. They stop producing these 2011 or 2010. They used to be on sale for like $50-$65 sometimes, MSRP was $249.99
The sound quality and bass were definitely worth it for the price. If you try finding one now all there's left is TONS of FAKES and the legitimate ones are mostly $200++

Some pics I took because I'm stuck inside the house because its snowing
grin.gif
. I got the black ones and the white ones.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dsc0045wi.jpg
dsc0046djj.jpg
dsc0051cb.jpg
dsc0052qh.jpg

Someone else's pic...
photocap012f.jpg

I bought these back in '07 just loved the design and was reading the reviews about how good the sound quality was for the $$$ back then.

I want to get a pair of Pros. Who has the best deal? Cheapest Ive seen is $250, but theyre refurbished. 

Back
Top Bottom