Beats by Dre Appreciation

I had the original Solo's & never used them.
tired.gif

With the extended warranty on the set I got from BB, I just took a GC for $140 & returned them, because it wasn't worth it to me.
ohwell.gif

PO

Can anyone recommend a good in ear headphone?  I want to spend around 50 bucks.  Do all in ear headphones have one side go out sooner or later? 

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Question for those that hate beats. Do these other headphones have detachable chords? The lifespan of the chord and only one ear working eventually has always been an issue with me. Better yet how long have they lasted with no shorts / problems

What type of way is that to address someone? 
roll.gif

On top of that, how do you still manage to mask your love affair with an inferior product while doing so? 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

To answer your question though, yes most high-end models do...especially if you're paying 200+ for a pair of cans

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Question for those that hate beats. Do these other headphones have detachable chords? The lifespan of the chord and only one ear working eventually has always been an issue with me. Better yet how long have they lasted with no shorts / problems

What type of way is that to address someone? 
roll.gif

On top of that, how do you still manage to mask your love affair with an inferior product while doing so? 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

To answer your question though, yes most high-end models do...especially if you're paying 200+ for a pair of cans
x2
some iem's, too. 

ie8-disconnected.jpg

I feel like you get to a point in your life when you start looking at quality and build of things and money actually matter to an extent. You come to the point where you want your products to be the best quality and have the great reputation and this is when money does not matter, because when you find such a product you can only care so much for the aesthetics before you decide the quality is better, the performance is better, and the build will last far much longer than the inferior product.

Now, you guys wanna compare this to coping jordans. Have we forgotten we're in GENERAL of NT? By what I meant up there is that, the majority of browsers of general of NT have stopped buying cheap made jordans long time ago. So your argument is flawed, very very flawed actually. Now, most will still go on and buy things because of the popularity i'e; beats by dre, while the folk who actually care about the product they're investing in, will do research and try to get the best product possible and one that meets their budget. If you aren't one of these folk, you probably don't care about quality, as long as it looks good, *%%! it right? And honestly, that's fine, because its your money and you can do whatever you want with it. The problem arises when you decide that your product is still a good purchase WHEN YOU KNOW IT'S NOT and get upset whenever you're told other wise. It's like talking to a wall really. And I feel like those claiming and beats are top notch and want to turn a blind eye to better suggestions for around the same price, and sometimes even less, are acting childish for no reason.

Beat Pro are decent but really flimsy.
Good for a Christmas gift.

What do you guys think about the Beats solo not the HD just the regular...I got the Beats solo and they have been pretty good so far...quality of the music is beautiful....bass is amazing....These are the best headphones ive ever had in my life...I was using the sennheiser hd 202 which were pretty good...but the solo ones are much better

Originally Posted by KMante

Wait..what?!

they are made of metal, you must be talking about the Studios

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i like my earbuds
I got beats eardbuds for xmas
returned them the 1st biz day.

the $25 fake gagas from here, and my $30 ones from bestbuy sounded better 
ohwell.gif
yea i've never heard them...when i said earbuds i meant in general ....not a phone of "cans" unless dj'ing or for studio use obviously

i'm done going back and forth on the topic but to say the argument is "very very flawed" is silly...maybe in your case the Jordan example doesnt apply anymore but at one point it probably did and  there is most likely a substitute now

My Sennheiser HD 428's broke on me. Got me twisting the bottom of the cord where it connects to the iPod to get a clear sound. I have no idea what this means but I'm guessing I'm in need of some new headphones. I got those last spring off Amazon with some gift cards and to be honest they weren't that impressive. Low sound quality. 
Before I jump off the ledge and go out and buy the Beats or another pair of crappy headphones, what do ya'll recommend? I have about 200-300 to play with so I'm looking for something pretty decent. 

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Originally Posted by KMante

Wait..what?!

they are made of metal, you must be talking about the Studios
I have the Pros and they are definitely NOT flimsy at all.  I purchased the Studios last year and returned them a day or so later.  The plastic on them didn't warrant the price tag.

Got the solo hd's for christmas. There terrific if you ask me but my opinion is skewed because I've been rocking with ear buds.

Originally Posted by Be Easy

My Sennheiser HD 428's broke on me. Got me twisting the bottom of the cord where it connects to the iPod to get a clear sound. I have no idea what this means but I'm guessing I'm in need of some new headphones. I got those last spring off Amazon with some gift cards and to be honest they weren't that impressive. Low sound quality. 
Before I jump off the ledge and go out and buy the Beats or another pair of crappy headphones, what do ya'll recommend? I have about 200-300 to play with so I'm looking for something pretty decent. 

audio technica ath-m50
ath_m50_1.jpg

Coiled and Straight cord versions available.    
Under 200 and sounds better than the Beats by FAR. 

Save the extra hundred and maybe step up the model OR get an amp or so...or treat yourself for researching decent audio products. 

Originally Posted by Be Easy

ATH-M50
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
Or if you want to spend more, Denon AH-D2000 are incredible.

post starter contradicted himself like a mofo
these headphones are not worth it in any way, shape, or form
your paying for, the "beats by dr. dre", not quality

So ya'll are saying the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's are the way to go? Those look good from the price point. Would an amp or a higher model be necessary?
I listen to strictly hip-hop and r&b if that helps at all.

Back
Top Bottom