Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

im prolly gonna cop these because they are classic and i had them as a kid.. but they really do not look all that.. 

the thirst is real, for the privilege of paying $185..

Last edited:
Sock thread

those materials look trash 

$185 
sick.gif

Ruining a classic

Yea if the game uniform was white socks, the black shoes are staying in the locker.

FTR, the 96-98 playoffs was the ONLY time MJ ever wore black socks, so white sock was the norm.

Fun fact that is.
I'm still out.
But I'd do it if they were fining me heavy and I was in the NBA.

And that dude above me below you is wack.

"Sock thread"
Take your comment to the "trash thread" or "fun police wanted" thread

Last edited:
@ryanjumpman420
Looks like our wish came true, playoff 8 lookin material it seems on these

He said it's nubuck though. Playoffs were durabuck.
doesn't look like nubuck

That's what I was thinking.. Maybe the pics are deceiving?

These aren't durabuck, same semi ashy crap on the Blk Cement 4s '12, & Oreo 5s in '13. Durabuck doesn't change color when stroked.

To each as own. That material looks great. I just really don't understand all the disdain. They look exactly how they should to me. Definitely better than the 2010s. Then all the hate for the '12 blk cement 4s' is funny as hell. Mine look great, they're jet black and don't look ashy at all. JB did those right IMO but what do I know. I understand that people have the right to complain about lack of certain materials from years past etc. But sometimes I think it gets taken a lil too far. That's just me though.

To each as own. That material looks great. I just really don't understand all the disdain. They look exactly how they should to me. Definitely better than the 2010s. Then all the hate for the '12 blk cement 4s' is funny as hell. Mine look great, they're jet black and don't look ashy at all. JB did those right IMO but what do I know. I understand that people have the right to complain about lack of certain materials from years past etc. But sometimes I think it gets taken a lil too far. That's just me though.
I agree my BC IVs look fine there is no fading nothing I can complain about

A lot of people just like to complain :lol:. And if you complain about subtle differences that 99.9% of the public wouldn't notice, then you've got instant shoe God og status *sarcasm*. No matter if you actually never owned the og' s. Don't get me wrong, some stuff JB pulls is straight wrong, but a lot of complaints are over very minor issues, and are over blown.

Black 4s were fine to me material wise. The paint though.... That's another story.

Last edited:
Wish I could say the same about my bc iv they kill my right foot and have a long, huge crack on the inside of the midsole. Other than that they look great. The only ivs I have that have done that sucks that it has to be my favorite iv to do it.

Any way I have been waiting for these VIs and will be buying them ASAP

Last edited:
one of the differences im seeing between early gm unauthorizeds and retail pairs is the pull tab....anything else?

A lot of people just like to complain :lol:. And if you complain about subtle differences that 99.9% of the public wouldn't notice, then you've got instant shoe God og status *sarcasm*. No matter if you actually never owned the og' s. Don't get me wrong, Don't get me wrong, some stuff JB pulls is straight wrong, but a lot of complaints are over very minor issues, and are over blown.

Black 4s were fine to me material wise. The paint though.... That's another story.

QFT. Definitely agree. Thing is I ALWAYS notice the differences and sometimes a complaint is warranted. For example the "flu game" 12s w/ nubuck. That was absurd because they changed the whole upper material from leather to nubuck. Hey when JB/Nike drops the ball like that (and they have more times than I'd like to admit) I complain myself. But in the case of these 2014 black 6s (short cut nubuck vs Durabuck), you've gotta be pretty high on your high OG horse to complain about JBs execution on these. Especially if said complainer has never even owned OGs. F 2000s in this case because even those weren't true to OG form. These '14s look great and have for months now.

Last edited:
Saw dude with OG's today. Is he getting ready like we are getting ready?

Last edited:
one of the differences im seeing between early gm unauthorizeds and retail pairs is the pull tab....anything else?

What's the difference on the pull tabs?
A lot of people just like to complain :lol:. And if you complain about subtle differences that 99.9% of the public wouldn't notice, then you've got instant shoe God og status *sarcasm*. No matter if you actually never owned the og' s. Don't get me wrong, Don't get me wrong, some stuff JB pulls is straight wrong, but a lot of complaints are over very minor issues, and are over blown.

QFT. Definitely agree. Thing is I ALWAYS notice the differences and sometimes a complaint is warranted. For example the "flu game" 12s w/ nubuck. That was absurd because they changed the whole upper material from leather to nubuck. Hey when JB/Nike drops the ball like that (and they have more times than I'd like to admit) I complain myself. But in the case of these 2014 black 6s (short cut nubuck vs Durabuck), you've gotta be pretty high on your high OG horse to complain about JBs execution on these. Especially if said complainer has never even owned OGs. F 2000s in this case because even those weren't true to OG form. These '14s look great and have for months now.

You guys sound like legit prisoners of the moment whose excitement has your mind all jacked. So now you have to own originals to appreciate how something should be? So it's justified for all of us to get shafted half the time by JB cuz we never owned the originals [emoji]128077[/emoji] :lol:

No 2000s arent fully true to the OG form but they had premium materials which is the reason why they're glorified, as are most Jordans of the past. Your logic sounds all the way ignorant. Try again.

And I never said once the shoes sucked I just stated the material is someone crappy. I'm calling a spade a spade. Don't get made at me, get mad at Nike. The Blk Cement 4s were decent, but they weren't perfect correct? Yeh, same applies here. If you thought they were perfect god bless your soul :lol:

I love how when people take issue with something someone else doesn't, it's always a case where those people just likes to complain or are too nit-picky :lol:

Last edited:

the early gms look slightly elongated due to angle
View media item 1222777
this is prob early gm but tab looks ok

View media item 1222801

the real retail look true to official retail retro forms (00 and 10)

View media item 1222779

View media item 1222808

View media item 1222811

Last edited by a moderator:

the early gms look slightly elongated due to angle
View media item 1222777
this is prob early gm but tab looks ok

View media item 1222801

the real retail look true to official retail retro forms (00 and 10)

View media item 1222779

View media item 1222808

View media item 1222811

Good eye, also I notice the heel is slightly curved. Whereas the early pairs go straight down.

You guys sound like legit prisoners of the moment whose excitement has your mind all jacked. So now you have to own originals to appreciate how something should be? So it's justified for all of us to get shafted half the time by JB cuz we never owned the originals [emoji]128077[/emoji] :lol:

No 2000s arent fully true to the OG form but they had premium materials which is the reason why they're glorified, as are most Jordans of the past. Your logic sounds all the way ignorant. Try again.

And I never said once the shoes sucked I just stated the material is someone crappy. I'm calling a spade a spade. Don't get made at me, get mad at Nike. The Blk Cement 4s were decent, but they weren't perfect correct? Yeh, same applies here. If you thought they were perfect god bless your soul :lol:
Yea, you should have owned originals, in order to complain about things not being reproduced 100% to the original. It would be like complaining that the New Porsche 911 doesn't drive as nice as the old 911, when you've never driven one, just read Car & Driver. You might be right, but it doesn't carry any weight, cuz you're just parroting what you've read.

By no means were the BC 4's perfect, the midsole paint is terrible, but the materials aren't bad.

Gonna grab a half a gallon on milk, a crunch bar and a size 10 infrared all in one spot :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom