"Broncos WR Marshall injures arm in bizarre accident"

In the most bizarre off-season injury to date, Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall said he slipped on a McDonalds bag and wound up with his arm wrapped in acast.
Marshall said he was at the Westgate Lakes Resort in Orlando, Fla. on Saturday and slipped and fell on a McDonald's wrapper. When he slipped, he said hestuck out his hand to brace his fall and it went through a TV entertainment center.

His right arm now will be in a cast for two weeks. Marshall also received stitches in his arm, but he did not know how many.

What he did know was that he was embarrassed. One od the league's most physical players was toppled by a plastic bag.

"I want to thank everybody for their concerns and let everyone know that I'm okay," Marshall wrote in a text message Sunday morning."It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands.

"So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down and sendme through the entertainment center."
Marshall is scheduled to fly from Orlando to Denver on Sunday and will be at the Broncos training complex tomorrow. But he will be, at best, limited for thestart of the Broncos offseason conditioning program.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8075dc82&template=with-video&confirm=true

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Everyone knows this dude is lying too.
I'm just trying to figure out how he came up with slipping on a McDonalds bag:lol:

Everyone knows this dude is lying too.

yup...
laugh.gif

much like how Brian Griese "fell" in Terrell Davis' driveway back in the day....

dude prolly had that lean in the system

laugh.gif
@ that story. Dude probably was probably searching the room looking for things to say he slipped on and saw a McDonald's bag.
laugh.gif

Prolly was stepping and tripped over his "kane"

I cant wait to hear this +#+# from the peoples tho
laugh.gif
sounds like straight comedy

Im shocked that i didn't read a bunch of comments that said

"omg i can't believe of all things to hurt him, it was a mcdonalds bag!!"

that's one of the worst excuses i've ever heard. like when u get into a fight back in the day and get a mark on your face, then ur parents ask whathappened and you reply, "i fell down"
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Marshall to be out four months after arm injury requires surgery

Associated Press

Updated: March 25, 2008, 7:57 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Brandon Marshall could miss up to four months of offseason preparations after slicing his right forearm in a freak accident.

The Denver Broncos made their first public comments Tuesday on their star receiver's injury. After initially downplaying the injury that required surgery,Marshall has acknowledged it was the result of horseplay with family members and a misplaced fast-food bag. He said he slipped on the bag Saturday whilewrestling with family members at a Florida resort and put his right arm through a home entertainment center.

Brandon Marshall

Marshall

In a statement, Broncos head athletic trainer Steve Antonopulos confirmed reports Marshall "sustained right forearm lacerations to one artery, one vein,one nerve, two tendons and three muscles."

"All have been repaired, and his right forearm and elbow will be immobilized for six weeks," Antonopulos said. "Rehabilitation will begin in sixweeks. Full recovery is expected to take three to four months."

That means Marshall might be ready to resume football activities in time for the start of training camp in late July.

The third-year pro has missed significant portions of training camp in his two years in the NFL, although being sidelined last summer with a leg injurydidn't adversely affect him during his breakout 2007 season.

Marshall, a fourth-round draft choice in 2006 out of Central Florida, blossomed into the Broncos' best receiver last year, catching 102 passes for 1,325yards and seven touchdowns. His emergence as Jay Cutler's primary target facilitated the recent release of disgruntled wide receiver Javon Walker, whosigned with Oakland.

"We know what he means to this team and we are going to need him," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "I just hope we do everything in our power as ateam to get him back healthy and ready for the season."

Cutler was scheduled to speak with reporters Tuesday, the second day of the Broncos' offseason strength and conditioning program, but that was postponed.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3312027

In a statement, Broncos head athletic trainer Steve Antonopulos confirmed reports Marshall "sustained right forearm lacerations to one artery, one vein, one nerve, two tendons and three muscles."
Damn.
eek.gif

Alright, the story makes more sense now.

I think.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom