Calling all Greeks (Frat/Soror) x Christians. vol: You've got some 'splaining to do...

I think this is read into a bit too much...Frat/Soror members don't join to praise "other" gods. The "gods" act more as symbols thananything else. This is like saying I'm violating the first commandment because I like the Chicago Bulls?? I'm not "praising" the Bullssymbol, that's just the logo/brand/image that is associated with the team. Just like Delta Theta Sigma's symbol is the elephant.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Man Man Man......OP you are reaching bruh. Since you are not in a fraternity you will not know everything that goes on. Let me speak on behalf of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated and the rest of my NPHC folk. Most people are not going to tell you everything about their respective org because if you are so interested in it you can do the research on your own.....BUT youtube and blogs aint gonna be the places to get info like that. Other greeks correct me if im wrong.

My frat was founded under the principles of brotherhood scholarship and service to unite MEN of color and beyond.

If you take a look at my sheild

It was the quickest picture i had already in photobucket......but you can see that there are no representation of pagan stuff on it....And im sure if you dug DEEP into Alpha you will notice the same things also.

The thing i agree with and thats with EVERYTHING is that if you loose your way with God and put anything wether it be money, fame, frats, school, women....hell the list goes on and on...you will be lost and it WILL overcome you

And what sn00pee said above me earlier if anything its giving respect to African backgrounds. Imean does it mean that people were bad because they only knew of pharows before the coming of Jesus??

fam, almost everything in that is a pagan symbol
laugh.gif
books, birds, axes, the ominous hidden triangle. almost EVERYTHING is pagan, circles, crosses, various shapes.
laugh.gif

So wait we use pagan symbols EVERY day?????

If we are christian....is the holy book a pagan symbol also???

The circles we draw on paper are pagan???

A dove you may see fly in the sky??

You may have something with the triangle but bruh, please explain more on the others??

This thread is irrelevent...

People don't join frats/sororities to worship.... they join cuz its a social club

Saying that their songs and symbols show they are worshiping greek whatever... is like saying ODB wearing a jesus piece means he's a true christianworshiping our savior...

laugh.gif

You may have something with the triangle but bruh, please explain more on the others??
If you look up at the moon, you're goin' to hell because that too is used as a Pagan symbol.

Thank God for the sun? not uh, burn in hell for an eternity giving thanks to that sun up there.

Oh, whats this? Pagan symbols adoptedby Christianity you say? OOOH LORDY, We're
censoredua3.gif
ed.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

^ lol, y were u waiting 4 me?
I saw the title, I was like "Yep, first two pages Cobra Kai will be chiming in" that and I've only heard prophytes discuss the subject, and never neos...
laugh.gif
I saw the thread right before I went into class and waslike "Yes, I finally get to speak." Read what the OP was talking about and started
laugh.gif

Thread is funny, I understand what he's tryna say, but nobody has ever made me denounce my religion. I'm Catholic, and I was never told to accept, orworship any God.

But as stated before, unless you're apart of the orgs in question. You will never understand or know what you're looking at. Whether it's theircrest or fraternal shield, the objects placed on each are known by the members of that org and not made to be general knowledge to the public.

laugh.gif
this post will go nowhere.

Imagine if you grew up marveling something. got your @@* beat for X amount of weeks to be in said thing. wore the colors, became greatest of friends, had tolearn the history while getting beat, did whatever and pledged your life to it...

regardless of what you say in life, almost anything is justifiable in some fashion. I ain't here to choose a side on the issue, but every greek person isgoing to be in denial

i will say that i think a lot of people join it for the wrong reason and most...not all...are people who were lookingto gain some status elevation which is super lame in itself. then add in a bunch of other very lame factors and i just dont have an overall good view offrats. i linked up with my crew of homies in college b/c we all had similar interests and meshed well. we got love like we were frats but we never had payany money or get hazed to do. there were even younger heads who tried to associate with our group b/c of the love we received
laugh.gif
. and we also got hate from frats with chicks and hate from people just b/c wewere publicly liked or w/e
indifferent.gif
and in the end we was all just doingus not trying to be nothing other than who we really were. and there would be people sack riding me off the strength of my affiliation
indifferent.gif

most people in this world are so superficial and the superficiality is actually pretty sad.

end of the day though to each his own and i digress...but the major point is this thread is bound to go nowhere for the aforementioned reasons

the funny thing about this is a lot of "Christian" holidays have Pagan origins...

Christmas - celebration of the Roman winter solstice
Easter - bunny & eggs as fertility symbols a celebration of spring coming

among others...

Originally Posted by sn00pee

laugh.gif

If you look up at the moon, you're goin' to hell because that too is used as a Pagan symbol.

Thank God for the sun? not uh, burn in hell for an eternity giving thanks to that sun up there.

Oh, whats this? Pagan symbols adopted by Christianity you say? OOOH LORDY, We're
censoredua3.gif
ed.
I was JUST about to post something like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

well it seems like if we want to be really technical then pagan roots are embeded in almost everything that we see, from your computer screen out to thenearest bilboard....hell to OUR AMERICAN dollar which is founded under Christianity itself
frown.gif

and half of yall arent even addressing the OP's question. yes we understand people arent joining to worship a pagan god, but that does not erase the factthat something you are pledging your life, or whatever you call yourself doing may be deeply rooted in something inwhich you dont stand for.

and people keep giving OP the "this is funny", "you are reaching" treatment, but what is reaching about posing a question about a directcorrelation? is the correlation between a pagan god and seeing a pagan god on a crest and whatever historic info is engrained not direct?

and that chicago bulls statement was dumb. the bulls logo is relative to the city of chicago and yes there is a reason that logo is there. the chicago stockexchange. bull and bear market. just like pretty much every sports team has a history to its logo that relates to the city. granted of course people come upwith theories that are off the wall in which they invert the symbols and create a bunch of nonsense, but I don't think what the OP doing here is reaching

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

i linked up with my crew of homies in college b/c we all had similar interests and meshed well. we got love like we were frats but we never had pay any money or get hazed to do. there were even younger heads who tried to associate with our group b/c of the love we received
laugh.gif
. and we also got hate from frats with chicks and hate from people just b/c we were publicly liked or w/e
indifferent.gif
and in the end we was all just doing us not trying to be nothing other than who we really were. and there would be people sack riding me off the strength of my affiliation
indifferent.gif

samething went for me. you'll catch a lot hate if you get fame without having letters-- a lot.

and half of yall arent even addressing the OP's question. yes we understand people arent joining to worship a pagan god, but that does not erase the fact that something you are pledging your life, or whatever you call yourself doing may be deeply rooted in something in which you dont stand for.

and people keep giving OP the "this is funny", "you are reaching" treatment, but what is reaching about posing a question about a direct correlation? is the correlation between a pagan god and seeing a pagan god on a crest and whatever historic info is engrained not direct?

and that chicago bulls statement was dumb. the bulls logo is relative to the city of chicago and yes there is a reason that logo is there. the chicago stock exchange. bull and bear market. just like pretty much every sports team has a history to its logo that relates to the city. granted of course people come up with theories that are off the wall in which they invert the symbols and create a bunch of nonsense, but I don't think what the OP doing here is reaching

Thats like saying christianity is "deeply rooted" in paganism. Or Satanism is "deeply rooted" in Christianity.

Yes there are some elements involved, maybe a little thievery and such, but essentially it has been transformed into something new, completely separate fromwhere it "began" so-to-speak.

and half of yall arent even addressing the OP's question. yes we understand people arent joining to worship a pagan god, but that does not erase the fact that something you are pledging your life, or whatever you call yourself doing may be deeply rooted in something in which you dont stand for.

and people keep giving OP the "this is funny", "you are reaching" treatment, but what is reaching about posing a question about a direct correlation? is the correlation between a pagan god and seeing a pagan god on a crest and whatever historic info is engrained not direct?

and that chicago bulls statement was dumb. the bulls logo is relative to the city of chicago and yes there is a reason that logo is there. the chicago stock exchange. bull and bear market. just like pretty much every sports team has a history to its logo that relates to the city. granted of course people come up with theories that are off the wall in which they invert the symbols and create a bunch of nonsense, but I don't think what the OP doing here is reaching
Okay to answer the OP's question. I will say its not direct. Simbols may be placed on certain shields and what not, but you can only arguethat its direct if it is TAUGHT to you. I dont know about every ones history or intake but to speak on behalf of myself I did not once have to put anythinginfront of GOD any day...infact before becoming a member we had to be very knowledgeable in the bible. I can only speak for my chapter though....

laugh.gif

Imagine if you grew up marveling something. got your @@* beat for X amount of weeks to be in said thing. wore the colors, became greatest of friends, had to learn the history while getting beat, did whatever and pledged your life to it...

regardless of what you say in life, almost anything is justifiable in some fashion. I ain't here to choose a side on the issue, but every greek person is going to be in denial

i will say that i think a lot of people join it for the wrong reason and most...not all...are people who were looking to gain some status elevation which is super lame in itself. then add in a bunch of other very lame factors and i just dont have an overall good view of frats. i linked up with my crew of homies in college b/c we all had similar interests and meshed well. we got love like we were frats but we never had pay any money or get hazed to do. there were even younger heads who tried to associate with our group b/c of the love we received
laugh.gif
. and we also got hate from frats with chicks and hate from people just b/c we were publicly liked or w/e
indifferent.gif
and in the end we was all just doing us not trying to be nothing other than who we really were. and there would be people sack riding me off the strength of my affiliation
indifferent.gif

most people in this world are so superficial and the superficiality is actually pretty sad.

end of the day though to each his own and i digress...but the major point is this thread is bound to go nowhere for the aforementioned reasons

Fam please believe you were not that cool in college and your crew was not either
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know we go way back fam. To the days of copping bred XI's and painting the midsole black.

Seriously people do join for the wrong reasons but can you further explain the gain some status elevation comment. I do give thanks to the creator of thistopic. It will get people to think but at the end of the day we are entitled to our own opinions and interpretations.

Time to TURN MY APE ON!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chris5524

bonafide hustla wrote:

laugh.gif

Imagine if you grew up marveling something. got your @@* beat for X amount of weeks to be in said thing. wore the colors, became greatest of friends, had to learn the history while getting beat, did whatever and pledged your life to it...

regardless of what you say in life, almost anything is justifiable in some fashion. I ain't here to choose a side on the issue, but every greek person is going to be in denial

i will say that i think a lot of people join it for the wrong reason and most...not all...are people who were looking to gain some status elevation which is super lame in itself. then add in a bunch of other very lame factors and i just dont have an overall good view of frats. i linked up with my crew of homies in college b/c we all had similar interests and meshed well. we got love like we were frats but we never had pay any money or get hazed to do. there were even younger heads who tried to associate with our group b/c of the love we received
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Fam please believe you were not that cool in college and your crew was not either
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know we go way back fam. To the days of copping bred XI's and painting the midsole black.

Seriously people do join for the wrong reasons but can you further explain the gain some status elevation comment. I do give thanks to the creator of this topic. It will get people to think but at the end of the day we are entitled to our own opinions and interpretations.

80736a7d3243f901d8c501c3e52cf3db988714ce.gif

Usually the greeks who joined for the wrong reasons(popularity, just to belong to something, get girls, etc.) are THE main people who speak out against them.Next.

^^ I wanna know about the status elevation also......because for all i know....if you were a LAME/ Simp.....you still gonna be a LAME dude.....just withletters on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

::Yawwwwn:: Here we go again. Alpha is NOT the head of my life, GOD is. I cant speak for all of my brothers ,or the rest of the NPHC for that matter, but I assume that majority feel like me.

Oh yea, cant leave without one of these............ 1 1 1 1 9

Co-sign

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously people do join for the wrong reasons but can you further explain the gain some status elevation comment. I do give thanks to the creator of this topic. It will get people to think but at the end of the day we are entitled to our own opinions and interpretations.

laugh.gif

you a fool fam. why would you even post that when we aint go to college together

we went to HS together BTW for yall that want to know who this troll is

and the gain status or elevation = popularity. Prarie View education FTL

and you did grad chapter (
roll.gif
) so don't get personally offended. thiswould apply to undergrads

^^ I wanna know about the status elevation also......because for all i know....if you were a LAME/ Simp.....you still gonna be a LAME dude.....just with letters on
laugh.gif
ehh a lot of the frat dudes i know all of a sudden got this bit of arrogance after they crossed. chicks too. like they all of a sudden thoughtthey were a different person. and I've heard a female say with my own ears. after a probate "I want to suck an alpha's %%%%tonight"
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^ I wanna know about the status elevation also......because for all i know....if you were a LAME/ Simp.....you still gonna be a LAME dude.....just with letters on
laugh.gif
I'd say even more lame than before.
bonafide hustla wrote:

laugh.gif
ehh a lot of the frat dudes i know all of a sudden got this bit of arrogance after they crossed. chicks too. like they all of a sudden thought they were a different person. and I've heard a female say with my own ears. after a probate "I want to suck an alpha's %%%% tonight"
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know cats who've done that and they still look foolish, maybe not to the people who their new persona entertains. But to the people who knewthem before, people know that aint the real you.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

I think this is read into a bit too much...Frat/Soror members don't join to praise "other" gods. The "gods" act more as symbols than anything else. This is like saying I'm violating the first commandment because I like the Chicago Bulls?? I'm not "praising" the Bulls symbol, that's just the logo/brand/image that is associated with the team. Just like Delta Theta Sigma's symbol is the elephant.

look...

according to christianity the pledging of allegiance to a fraternity, that fraternity's glorifying of "false" gods and ideologies, and the idealsbehind the founding and traditions a lot of those fraternities hold is blatantly unchristian. people are in here trying to argue "theyre just symbols anddon't really mean anything" but how foolish does that sound? so you don't think there was ANYYYY meaning behind the objects chosen for yourcrests, the traditions and rituals practiced, and the overall mindset of "fraternity?" The very fact that they're called "Greeks" is anod to the old Greek fraternities of ancient times. do yourselves a favor and research what THOSE were about. It's one thing if you're fully awarewhat membership in a fraternity entails and ignore it, but a lot of you are just in here playing dumb, and it's because I think you realize what the op isgetting at and it hit home and is probably a little unsettling.

it's even more hilarious to hear all of you claim that these frats aren't insidious because they're just paying homage to African traditions. Inmost if not all African countries fraternities are considered cults and in a lot of places are even gangs! They're not all as harmless there as they arehere and there IS a strong tie in to pagan ritual and witchcraft there.

there's a whole lot of this going on in this thread:

080527_p3_top.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

you a fool fam. why would you even post that when we aint go to college together

we went to HS together BTW for yall that want to know who this troll is

and the gain status or elevation = popularity. Prarie View education FTL

and you did grad chapter (
roll.gif
)
so don't get personally offended. this would apply to undergrads

I see what you did there
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom