Calling all Greeks (Frat/Soror) x Christians. vol: You've got some 'splaining to do...

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by SlimK4

^^ I wanna know about the status elevation also......because for all i know....if you were a LAME/ Simp.....you still gonna be a LAME dude.....just with letters on
laugh.gif
ehh a lot of the frat dudes i know all of a sudden got this bit of arrogance after they crossed. chicks too. like they all of a sudden thought they were a different person. and I've heard a female say with my own ears. after a probate "I want to suck an alpha's %%%% tonight"
roll.gif
roll.gif
And more than likely those females are the $+#+!+ and slutbuckets that are into a particular type of male cause what they represent is in the spotlight (word to school dayz!!) but if you a Lame u still gonna have a hard time getting the chicks....i guess they joined to have their big brothers help them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

What about Alpha Nu Omega?? Aren't they like a Christian fraternity/sorority??? I know they use Greek symbols, but I doubt they have any direct correlation to pagan/egyptian gods, rituals, etc.

Then again, I could be wrong because I'm not in a fraternity...
the whole frat thing is stupid.

you must really hate partying and hooking up with girls
grin.gif

not to mention we get better grades than the kids who are not in frats.

indifferent.gif
I hope that you weren't serious...

To answer your question, yes they are. Their platform is a "Christian alternative" to Greek life. But I will say they aren'tperfect...some of them party and whatnot, but they put emphasis on their Christianity. My friend crossed into their organization this past Spring

most of the frats at my school be the same dudes after they crossed.....they all koo...hell the deltas too....now some of them aka's be on some other stuffafter but they paper.....

^^ I wanna know about the status elevation also......because for all i know....if you were a LAME/ Simp.....you still gonna be a LAME dude.....just with letters on
laugh.gif
ehh a lot of the frat dudes i know all of a sudden got this bit of arrogance after they crossed. chicks too. like they all of a sudden thought they were a different person. and I've heard a female say with my own ears. after a probate "I want to suck an alpha's %%%% tonight"
roll.gif
roll.gif
And more than likely those females are the $+#+!+ and slutbuckets that are into a particular type of male cause what they represent is in the spot light (word to school dayz!!) but if you a Lame u still gonna have a hard time getting the chicks....i guess they joined to have their big brothers help them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
man people in general are superficial. you find regular chicks that aren't sluts and *+*$%# or whatever that just like some type of statusaffiliation. people are awed by status regardless of what gives you that status...obviously if you are in college frats are probably going to be one of themore spotlighted affiliations, but u also got athletes, rappers, hell anything that elevates your "status" in the public view.

im assuming you're in a frat yourself. it would be crazy to say that being in a frat didn't elevate your status and make things easier for you. likeim not saying thats everybody's motivation, but to ignore that would be crazy.

Originally Posted by Chris5524

laugh.gif
this post will go nowhere.

Imagine if you grew up marveling something. got your @@* beat for X amount of weeks to be in said thing. wore the colors, became greatest of friends, had to learn the history while getting beat, did whatever and pledged your life to it...

regardless of what you say in life, almost anything is justifiable in some fashion. I ain't here to choose a side on the issue, but every greek person is going to be in denial

i will say that i think a lot of people join it for the wrong reason and most...not all...are people who were looking to gain some status elevation which is super lame in itself. then add in a bunch of other very lame factors and i just dont have an overall good view of frats. i linked up with my crew of homies in college b/c we all had similar interests and meshed well. we got love like we were frats but we never had pay any money or get hazed to do. there were even younger heads who tried to associate with our group b/c of the love we received
laugh.gif
. and we also got hate from frats with chicks and hate from people just b/c we were publicly liked or w/e
indifferent.gif
and in the end we was all just doing us not trying to be nothing other than who we really were. and there would be people sack riding me off the strength of my affiliation
indifferent.gif

most people in this world are so superficial and the superficiality is actually pretty sad.

end of the day though to each his own and i digress...but the major point is this thread is bound to go nowhere for the aforementioned reasons

Fam please believe you were not that cool in college and your crew was not either
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know we go way back fam. To the days of copping bred XI's and painting the midsole black.

Seriously people do join for the wrong reasons but can you further explain the gain some status elevation comment. I do give thanks to the creator of this topic. It will get people to think but at the end of the day we are entitled to our own opinions and interpretations.

Time to TURN MY APE ON!!!!!!
laugh.gif

you a fool fam. why would you even post that when we aint go to college together

we went to HS together BTW for yall that want to know who this troll is

and the gain status or elevation = popularity. Prarie View education FTL

and you did grad chapter (
roll.gif
) so don't get personally offended. this would apply to undergrads

Dang. Can you at least get the spelling of my alma mater right? Prairie View. Guess you should've went to Texas A&M or North Harris.

71a25e6ed9e458816909bac6970624af00876ac.pjpg

The House of ALPHA. Yes that is my back......

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And more than likely those females are the $+#+!+ and slutbuckets that are into a particular type of male cause what they represent is in the spot light (word to school dayz!!) but if you a Lame u still gonna have a hard time getting the chicks....i guess they joined to have their big brothers help them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
man people in general are superficial. you find regular chicks that aren't sluts and *+*$%# or whatever that just like some type of status affiliation. people are awed by status regardless of what gives you that status...obviously if you are in college frats are probably going to be one of the more spotlighted affiliations, but u also got athletes, rappers, hell anything that elevates your "status" in the public view.

im assuming you're in a frat yourself. it would be crazy to say that being in a frat didn't elevate your status and make things easier for you. like im not saying thats everybody's motivation, but to ignore that would be crazy.
Exactally my NT brother
smile.gif

I am in a frat and you are right....i cant ignore it at all cause its there. And like you said its in all aspects in life. Women always want a man with topstatus. Weather it be a peoples champ, street hustler, doctor, lawyer, bbal player....etc......But to any frat dude that all of a sudden get a change of facewhen they put on those colors (and wear it every day
laugh.gif
) they need toknow that outside of undergrad, Fraternities dont mean anything to these women if thats what their after. Aint no grown woman talking about sleepin with youcause you a Frat boy

I haven't read through any of the thread but no...I don't wake up in the morning and pray to the 7 Jewels (Alpha's Founders).
laugh.gif

You can honor or admire individuals without worshiping or idolizing them. I simply look up to them for creating something meant to be positive.

I know my faith and my priorities. That's as far as it goes for me. I can't speak for everyone else because some people take this Greek thing way tooseriously. It doesn't make me.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
man people in general are superficial. you find regular chicks that aren't sluts and *+*$%# or whatever that just like some type of status affiliation. people are awed by status regardless of what gives you that status...obviously if you are in college frats are probably going to be one of the more spotlighted affiliations, but u also got athletes, rappers, hell anything that elevates your "status" in the public view.

im assuming you're in a frat yourself. it would be crazy to say that being in a frat didn't elevate your status and make things easier for you. like im not saying thats everybody's motivation, but to ignore that would be crazy.
Exactally my NT brother
smile.gif

I am in a frat and you are right....i cant ignore it at all cause its there. And like you said its in all aspects in life. Women always want a man with top status. Weather it be a peoples champ, street hustler, doctor, lawyer, bbal player....etc......But to any frat dude that all of a sudden get a change of face when they put on those colors (and wear it every day
laugh.gif
) they need to know that outside of undergrad, Fraternities dont mean anything to these women if thats what their after. Aint no grown woman talking about sleepin with you cause you a Frat boy

QFT! finally someone who tells it how it is..

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

the funny thing about this is a lot of "Christian" holidays have Pagan origins...

Christmas - celebration of the Roman winter solstice
Easter - bunny & eggs as fertility symbols a celebration of spring coming

among others...
QFT

I'm not going to speak on the Greek organizations because i'm not familiar at all with them, but you can't deny/ignore the origins of apractice/organization/holiday just because it's changed over time.

Dang. Can you at least get the spelling of my alma mater right? Prairie View. Guess you should've went to Texas A&M or North Harris.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Imagine if you grew up marveling something. got your @@* beat for X amount of weeks to be in said thing. wore the colors, became greatest of friends, had to learn the history while getting beat, did whatever and pledged your life to it...

regardless of what you say in life, almost anything is justifiable in some fashion. I ain't here to choose a side on the issue, but every greek person is going to be in denial

i will say that i think a lot of people join it for the wrong reason and most...not all...are people who were looking to gain some status elevation which is super lame in itself. then add in a bunch of other very lame factors and i just dont have an overall good view of frats. i linked up with my crew of homies in college b/c we all had similar interests and meshed well. we got love like we were frats but we never had pay any money or get hazed to do. there were even younger heads who tried to associate with our group b/c of the love we received
laugh.gif
. and we also got hate from frats with chicks and hate from people just b/c we were publicly liked or w/e
indifferent.gif
and in the end we was all just doing us not trying to be nothing other than who we really were. and there would be people sack riding me off the strength of my affiliation
indifferent.gif

most people in this world are so superficial and the superficiality is actually pretty sad.

end of the day though to each his own and i digress...but the major point is this thread is bound to go nowhere for the aforementioned reasons

Fam please believe you were not that cool in college and your crew was not either
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know we go way back fam. To the days of copping bred XI's and painting the midsole black.

Seriously people do join for the wrong reasons but can you further explain the gain some status elevation comment. I do give thanks to the creator of this topic. It will get people to think but at the end of the day we are entitled to our own opinions and interpretations.

laugh.gif

you a fool fam. why would you even post that when we aint go to college together

roll.gif

laugh.gif
startin to think its inevitable when someone tries tocall someone out for something education/grammar related they ultimately make a grammar/education mistake

but

1sb2p1.gif

at the low rise shorts fam

u see she he wearin them jeans that show her his butt crack. my girl dude cant wear that...why?!...that's where my stash at

roll.gif
bored as hell at the j-o

WOWWWWW...

And this is just another level of the issue--the fact that you went and cut into your skin, what is essentially the namesake and ultimately, the beliefs of thegreek organization into your body. And you would probably argue that you are in NO WAY worshiping the god through whom, a part of the ideals of your fraternityis founded and based on...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

WOWWWWW...

And this is just another level of the issue--the fact that you went and cut into your skin, what is essentially the namesake and ultimately, the beliefs of the greek organization into your body. And you would probably argue that you are in NO WAY worshiping the god through whom, a part of the ideals of your fraternity is founded and based on...
ohwell.gif

Dude, like 30 people on NT have Air Jordan tats on their body. Next argument.

^^^^^^ yea I did cut into my body. Thats not the only tattoo I have either but hey like I said in my previous post at the end of the day everyone is entitledto their own opinion. I do have respect for you for taking a stand on YOUR beliefs.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

WOWWWWW...

And this is just another level of the issue--the fact that you went and cut into your skin, what is essentially the namesake and ultimately, the beliefs of the greek organization into your body. And you would probably argue that you are in NO WAY worshiping the god through whom, a part of the ideals of your fraternity is founded and based on...
ohwell.gif

Dude, like 30 people on NT have Air Jordan tats on their body. Next argument.

Righttttt as if that's a pass in of itself...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
startin to think its inevitable when someone tries to call someone out for something education/grammar related they ultimately make a grammar/education mistake

but

1sb2p1.gif

at the low rise shorts fam

u see she he wearin them jeans that show her his butt crack. my girl dude cant wear that...why?!...that's where my stash at

roll.gif
bored as hell at the j-o

Fam didnt you say a comment about Yao and Shaq back when we were in government class.
ohwell.gif

WOWWWWW...

ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif

And again Super Antigen I ask Who are you to judge? Its like you're pointing out all of these things, and yetif I asked you one of the following questions:

Do you have any tattoos?
Do you listen to secular music?
Do you have your ear(s) peirced?

You would answer the question mostly likely in a way to defend your decision. Whether its right or wrong... and since no one (including the people who madethose videos, you or anyone else saying its wrong) has definitive proof whether or not joining a greek org. is right or wrong, I say to you and them GO SITDOWN SOMEWHERE AND QUIT JUDGING!

/rant

Holy +%+$ at son saying "so people have Jordan tats" as some sort of defense

thats Mcnulty kicking the desk material right there

I'm done
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And no one even entertained my question (far as I saw) but...back to spectating for me

Shoutout to MisterP though i like how you addressed it fam
pimp.gif

Never once did he say it was right or wrong. Nor is he judging. He is simply asking how Christians can justify being in a fraternity or sorority being thatthey go against Christian beliefs/morals/practices..etc.

And like it has been said before, a lot of people in here are not even answering the question.
laugh.gif

the whole frat thing is stupid.

you must really hate partying and hooking up with girls
grin.gif

not to mention we get better grades than the kids who are not in frats.

indifferent.gif
I hope that you weren't serious...

of course I'm serious. The brotherhood and leadership opportunities are cool but in all honesty people join frats for the social aspect. Icould care less what national organization i'm a part of as long as the chapter i join at my school is strong. Your in college living in a mansion withother 85 guys with your own chef and there are entire houses of hot girls across the street who just want to come over and party. But then again the Greeksystem at my school is organized a lot differently than many other schools.

Aint no grown woman talking about sleepin with you cause you a Frat boy
We're in college I don't care about grown woman. And yes, girls will sleep with you because you are a frat boy.

n5309t.jpg

this is what i find funny. You join an organization for 4 years and suddenly you are compelled to get a tattoo down the side of your back. Are youreally that serious about your national organization? Are your rituals and history so important to you that you want to be branded like that?

Back
Top Bottom