Crazy stories from your job.

not in my job, but a neighboring hospital where i did rotations

2 year old is brought to have an MRI, unfortnately the nurse forgot to replace the oxygen tank with an aluminum one, long story short, MRI starts, the magnet is so strong it pulls the oxygen tank into the machine and practically decapitates the kid.

wait what you mean practically? the kid died or what?

I work with special needs kids and work at their houses. So I'm at a clients house playing games in the backyard, we get tired and head inside. As we pass the moms room the kid swings open the door and mom is toppin some dude off. I immediately grab the kid and head into his room. Mom comes up and talks to me so awkwardly at the end of my session and asks if I can just keep it between us. :x

Same case months later, she asks to have session at her "friends" house (different guy). I go to use the bathroom and as I'm washing my hands I just happen to look into the shower. Tell me why there are like 3-4 used condoms just chillin in the tub!? Like they were airing them out to re-use them. :smh:

When the Concord's re-released again last year, a grandmother was fighting in front of my store and ended up getting arrested. Then this guy charged at a police officer and was tased :lol: And then this girl tried to resist getting arrested and it took like 4 cops to stop her. All in all it was a pretty entertaining day. :lol: :pimp:
Over some shoes? :smh::smh::smh::smh:

I used to work at footlocker when I was in college. Because I went to a private school and constantly whipped out that plastic on damn near every release, they never suspected me of stealing. I used to get it in and they never even considered me because of what I spent in the store. One example was when I asked for boxes to help a friend move. My AM was pissed because of transfer and spent the whole night venting over the phone. I literally shopped in the back room with the boxes.

I worked one year at applebees in the same town. I sold weed to the kitchen staff, all the servers and even served a manager before. It was crazy only because I would bet other servers who would get the most money. SO I would get tip money, weed money and sometimes claim tables walked off and took the cash. Then mess around and win bets in there. I did all that while eating crazy, taking REAL smoke breaks and drinking on the job. One of my favorite jobs of all time. I used to go home with a free platter every night, buy a 22oz high life and roll up.

Last edited:
famb, I am a city prosecutor... the amount of cray i see on the daily is out of control

oh hell yeah, he wasnt technically decapitated, but his head was completely crushed between an oxygen tank and the mri machine.
:wow: holy ****! Did that hospital get their *** sued off or what?

Last edited:
Dude was this the **** on the news a few years back?
How a tank was left in the room :nerd:

im sure it was and yes the hospital was sued, RN lost her job, but i believe the MD who was also resposible didnt....which goes to show where most hospitals stand when it comes to defending their MDs as opposed to their nurses.....let me google it up....see if it comes up.

now all o2 tanks are made of aluminum i believe which is MRI friendly, a few years back you had to exchange what i believe were tanks made of steel, for the aluminum one before a procedure that involved such powerful magnet, obviously its a mistake that was easily overlooked and caused this kid his life....

link to article, got a few things wrong, boy was actually 6 years old, they kind of tone down the injury a bit on the article, kids head and brain were crushed, not even sure how he survived from friday till sunday

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/31/nyregion/boy-6-dies-of-skull-injury-during-mri.html

work with kids in grades K-12. nothing too crazy tho mostly real funny except for when a kid talks about getting abused or is caught stealing while on a field trip.

What exactly do you do? And did you actually see the aftermath of the kid in person??

im a therapist, no i didnt work in that hospital, but i work with other therapist who witnessed what actually happened and the aftermath, one of them was actually friends with the RN that was involved in the tragedy....the way they described the scene was pretty gruesome.

i have another...

i worked in a small local trauma center and got a call for a trauma in the ER, i go downstairs and what do i see, a dude being wheeled in with his left arm hanging from a piece of skin detached at the shoulder, apparently he was going close to 100mph on his bike, lost control, crashed and thankful for his helmet his head wasnt crushed, but dude lost his arm and was pretty effed up for about 3-4 months....i had to pick homies arm and place it on chest when they wheeled him in, that thing was literally drgging on the floor....cray...

What exactly do you do? And did you actually see the aftermath of the kid in person??
im a therapist, no i didnt work in that hospital, but i work with other therapist who witnessed what actually happened and the aftermath, one of them was actually friends with the RN that was involved in the tragedy....the way they described the scene was pretty gruesome.
Damn that's nuts. I'm on my way to becoming an RN right now, I will keep this in mind 
laugh.gif

Right now, I work for in the parks and rec dept in my hometown and we run an after school program and we would put on the middle school dances. It was basically a high school dance but for middle school kids. Here's a list of a few things I can remember (the program shut down a few years ago) for now:

1.) Kid tried smoking dank in the bathroom 
roll.gif
 Kids are so dumb sometimes

2.) We made rounds around the community center and I caught two girls in the bushes getting in on

3.) I'm not entirely sure how my buddy found out, but he caught a flask on like 3 kids. One of them tried running and my boss chased after them.

i have another...

i worked in a small local trauma center and got a call for a trauma in the ER, i go downstairs and what do i see, a dude being wheeled in with his left arm hanging from a piece of skin detached at the shoulder, apparently he was going close to 100mph on his bike, lost control, crashed and thankful for his helmet his head wasnt crushed, but dude lost his arm and was pretty effed up for about 3-4 months....i had to pick homies arm and place it on chest when they wheeled him in, that thing was literally drgging on the floor....cray...
Damn, when I was taking me EMT course my instructor, who's also a fire captain, would bring in all these pics he had to take when they arrived to accidents.

There was one that also stood out, when a motorcyclist was going 80-100 mph and, you know the steel cables that hold wooden power line poles in the ground? well the guy lost control and flew through the steel cables and it took of his damn head 
mean.gif

another story I remember was another motorcyclist ran lost control at high high speed ran into a tree and both his arms and legs were more or less hanging off or completely off the deceased body.

Damn, when I was taking me EMT course my instructor, who's also a fire captain, would bring in all these pics he had to take when they arrived to accidents.

There was one that also stood out, when a motorcyclist was going 80-100 mph and, you know the steel cables that hold wooden power line poles in the ground? well the guy lost control and flew through the steel cables and it took of his damn head :smh:

another story I remember was another motorcyclist ran lost control at high high speed ran into a tree and both his arms and legs were more or less hanging off or completely off the deceased body.

as much as i like bikes, ill stick to my cars, when you crash on a bike you are *****

ive had some suicides come through my ER, one that was really sad was this 13 year old who hung herself in the bathroom because she was being bullied, mother had no clue her daughter was going through that, her younger brother found her, we worked on her for like almost 2 hours, shorty was gone.....ive seen my share of dead people, death is NEVER pretty.....crazy how desynthesized you become....ive told patients "dont worry you'll be ok" and then boom....GONE....

Last edited:
nah man....im a therapist, we cover the ER on patients that need life support aka Ventilators.

nah man....im a therapist, we cover the ER on patients that need life support aka Ventilators.
I work in healthcare also and I don't think it's safe that you put so much details in your stories out for the public to see. Just my opinion. Patient privacy is very important to employers.

Last edited:
I work in healthcare also and I don't think it's safe that you put so much details in your stories out for the public to see. Just my opinion. Patient privacy is very important to employers.

yeah other than the video i just posted which i just edited im not violating HIPPA and even that video is not in violation of anything as i didnt make it... i didnt post any names, or even the hospitals i work for....so its cool....i know how serious patient privacy is.

Last edited:
oh damn nice. yeah im studying nursing right now, really interested in working in the ER and those stories you've told are crazy. I got one story:

I work at as a tech at a psychiatric mental health hospital and weird enough I haven't seen anything too crazy yet. I was working a night shift and I had to do a 1 to 1 with an 18 year old girl (1:1 is when you stay with the patient 1 foot length at all times due to them being assualtive) the whole shift. So I was pretty shook cause she was a tall, skinny, ehiopian girl but weird because she was mad pretty (in my mind i was like :smokin). So she was just laying on the ground trying to sleep cause she was so delusional, and all of a sudden she asks me " why am i here? can you tell me?" and I was just like "your here for treatment, you are safe here and you don't need to worry, you should go back to sleep in your room" and all of a sudden she gets up mad quickly and starts running into the nursing station and starts throwing bows on my nurse manager who was watching the cameras on the computer. At this point i was like holy **** whats going on here, and all the nurses had to grab her and eventually seclude her into the seclusion room. First time I saw something crazy, and smh cause my nurse manager is like 55 years old and patient gave her a black eye :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom