DeRozan done with Dunk Contest after prop-fest.

The props were a little too much this year, but overall far more entertaining than the last few years.

The props were a little too much this year, but overall far more entertaining than the last few years.

the irony though is only blake griffin's last dunk was a gimmick dunk....

i don't think the gimmick is the problem, they just need to eliminate the final round and just have all 4 contestants dunk 4x and choose the best dunk. if they did that, derozan wins this contest....

the irony though is only blake griffin's last dunk was a gimmick dunk....

i don't think the gimmick is the problem, they just need to eliminate the final round and just have all 4 contestants dunk 4x and choose the best dunk. if they did that, derozan wins this contest....

I don't mind the props... As long as its under control. I don't mind simplicity either... DeRozans 1 handed dunk was probably my favorite in the dunk contest this year...
smokin.gif

I don't mind the props... As long as its under control. I don't mind simplicity either... DeRozans 1 handed dunk was probably my favorite in the dunk contest this year...
smokin.gif

Then the dunk contest is going to be boring again without some props. Then everyone is going to complain again. 
laugh.gif

You guys cannot be satisfied at all. Theres only so much more you can do in the air. Props makes it a bit more entertaining. Why not?

Then the dunk contest is going to be boring again without some props. Then everyone is going to complain again. 
laugh.gif

You guys cannot be satisfied at all. Theres only so much more you can do in the air. Props makes it a bit more entertaining. Why not?

Some of you get the ##^$# on my nerves.

Next year the complaints are going to be "why they get rid of the props?" "Where is the creativity?"

I don't think some of you are young enough to remember when the NBA decided to not have the dunk contest...all star weekend was mad boring.

If Jesus came down from the heavens, took off from a free throw line in Egypt, stayed in the air doing several 1080's, pumps, etc., landed in NY (if the contest was there), came through the ceiling without destroying it, and dunked the ball some of you would find something to complain about.

I can picture the pessimistic posts on here.."Pssh was mad corny son.." "That *#$#& was fake" "I hate Jesus" "Jesus in the dunk contest?! psssh what has that @&$^# did for me?!" "Jesus = overrated"

This new anti-hypebeast hype is getting ridiculous.

None of you bitter, jealous @#$ would ever be satisfied.

The dunk contest was dope this year period.

Some of you get the ##^$# on my nerves.

Next year the complaints are going to be "why they get rid of the props?" "Where is the creativity?"

I don't think some of you are young enough to remember when the NBA decided to not have the dunk contest...all star weekend was mad boring.

If Jesus came down from the heavens, took off from a free throw line in Egypt, stayed in the air doing several 1080's, pumps, etc., landed in NY (if the contest was there), came through the ceiling without destroying it, and dunked the ball some of you would find something to complain about.

I can picture the pessimistic posts on here.."Pssh was mad corny son.." "That *#$#& was fake" "I hate Jesus" "Jesus in the dunk contest?! psssh what has that @&$^# did for me?!" "Jesus = overrated"

This new anti-hypebeast hype is getting ridiculous.

None of you bitter, jealous @#$ would ever be satisfied.

The dunk contest was dope this year period.

So how do you ^ distinguish between those that were genuinely not impressed with the dunk contest and those that are being anti-hypebeasts? Because some of us really were not impressed. I am one of those individuals.

So how do you ^ distinguish between those that were genuinely not impressed with the dunk contest and those that are being anti-hypebeasts? Because some of us really were not impressed. I am one of those individuals.

Got freaking telephone booths and forklifts bringing extra backboards out and cars rolling onto the court and stickers and cupcakes and little kids talking about lost teddy bears.

Jesus lord, stop.
laugh.gif

How about a 3-pt contest on a 12-ft rim... using beach balls?
smokin.gif

Let some dogs and cats run around the court during the ASG.
smokin.gif

Got freaking telephone booths and forklifts bringing extra backboards out and cars rolling onto the court and stickers and cupcakes and little kids talking about lost teddy bears.

Jesus lord, stop.
laugh.gif

How about a 3-pt contest on a 12-ft rim... using beach balls?
smokin.gif

Let some dogs and cats run around the court during the ASG.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by rjones416

Beautiful. Now THAT is a dunk. None of that tomfoolery and extra +$@$. Dudes be @%*%%$#$ themselves cause BG dunked over the hood of kia....like *C'mon Son*

Originally Posted by rjones416

Beautiful. Now THAT is a dunk. None of that tomfoolery and extra +$@$. Dudes be @%*%%$#$ themselves cause BG dunked over the hood of kia....like *C'mon Son*

This year's contest was better then it has been over the last couple years, but I agree with Demar. However, I don't think props should be completely taken out of the equation, because they can add a new creative twist on the dunks. But I think it needs to be controlled and done properly. That BG choir/car charade was ehhhhhhhhh. Maybe if they only allowed on prop on one dunk for each contestant. Like each player gets 4 dunks total, one can include a prop, two have to be original that you came up with. And one be a new take on an old dunk. :/ Idk, I'm just thinking out loud.

This year's contest was better then it has been over the last couple years, but I agree with Demar. However, I don't think props should be completely taken out of the equation, because they can add a new creative twist on the dunks. But I think it needs to be controlled and done properly. That BG choir/car charade was ehhhhhhhhh. Maybe if they only allowed on prop on one dunk for each contestant. Like each player gets 4 dunks total, one can include a prop, two have to be original that you came up with. And one be a new take on an old dunk. :/ Idk, I'm just thinking out loud.

Back
Top Bottom