Do any of you sell on Ebay anymore?

i hate ebay. they charge way too much in fees. even old shoes where i wanted to get back just the retail price back i had to take a loss. they are greedy jerks. i hope another site comes along so ebay gets the shaft.

i hate ebay. they charge way too much in fees. even old shoes where i wanted to get back just the retail price back i had to take a loss. they are greedy jerks. i hope another site comes along so ebay gets the shaft.

Originally Posted by arc9802

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

I sell a lot on eBay... But I avoid fees as much as possible.

If I receive an offer on an item, I email the buyer and tell them to offer $1 and then I will accept and send them the invoice for the real total.

Helps me save on eBay fees, but I still get hit with the Paypal fees.

Oh well.
Yes, that is a good idea. I have done that in the past as well. I wouldn't be surprised though if Ebay/Paypal made you send the invoice for the actual sale of the auction. 
So, how do you set up your auctions? Is it a buy it now with the option of taking offers?

I just don't understand why ebay wants to hurt sellers???
that i have no clue,  honestly if ebay wasn't taking a huge number 2 on their sellers with all their policys, i could live with the fee raises if they were catering to their sellers the same way they do their buyers.

it's a damn shame if i list an item for a 7 day auction and it sells and the buyer flakes on me, i have to wait close to 11 days to get my final value fees back and i can't leave the buyer the negative feedback he or she deserves for wasting all that time and costing me money on an item i wanted sold.  with that said it's a damn shame how that same buyer could get mad i filed a non paying bidder claim on me and leave me a real nasty negative feedback for whatever reason and i'm defenseless to do anything about it.

besides that, the way they treat new sellers, or sellers in general if they all of a sudden start selling alot of stuff is a shame too.  a few months back ebay randmomly put holds on all payments i received and they wouldn't release the hold on the funds for either 21 days, until the buyer left a positive feedback, or until i posted tracking info on paypal and the tracking said the item was received.  that's just bullcrap right there, expecting me or whoever to ship an item without having actual access to the funds.  i've never went to footlocker before and told them i wanna take a pair of shoes home and after i take them home they'll get the money.   i got this resolved with ebay after calling them and raising hell and telling them i wouldn't ship anyones stuff without actual access to the funds and if worse came to worse i would just refund everyone, tell them to send the payment via google checkout, money order, or however else, and if they weren't comfortable doing that, we could just agree not to do the transaction and they could call ebay and tell them to release my funds so i could ship them the item.  eventually after complaining loud and long enough i got this restriction lifted even though it shouldn't have been there in the first place because i never had any problems selling on ebay before.

Originally Posted by arc9802

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

I sell a lot on eBay... But I avoid fees as much as possible.

If I receive an offer on an item, I email the buyer and tell them to offer $1 and then I will accept and send them the invoice for the real total.

Helps me save on eBay fees, but I still get hit with the Paypal fees.

Oh well.
Yes, that is a good idea. I have done that in the past as well. I wouldn't be surprised though if Ebay/Paypal made you send the invoice for the actual sale of the auction. 
So, how do you set up your auctions? Is it a buy it now with the option of taking offers?

I just don't understand why ebay wants to hurt sellers???
that i have no clue,  honestly if ebay wasn't taking a huge number 2 on their sellers with all their policys, i could live with the fee raises if they were catering to their sellers the same way they do their buyers.

it's a damn shame if i list an item for a 7 day auction and it sells and the buyer flakes on me, i have to wait close to 11 days to get my final value fees back and i can't leave the buyer the negative feedback he or she deserves for wasting all that time and costing me money on an item i wanted sold.  with that said it's a damn shame how that same buyer could get mad i filed a non paying bidder claim on me and leave me a real nasty negative feedback for whatever reason and i'm defenseless to do anything about it.

besides that, the way they treat new sellers, or sellers in general if they all of a sudden start selling alot of stuff is a shame too.  a few months back ebay randmomly put holds on all payments i received and they wouldn't release the hold on the funds for either 21 days, until the buyer left a positive feedback, or until i posted tracking info on paypal and the tracking said the item was received.  that's just bullcrap right there, expecting me or whoever to ship an item without having actual access to the funds.  i've never went to footlocker before and told them i wanna take a pair of shoes home and after i take them home they'll get the money.   i got this resolved with ebay after calling them and raising hell and telling them i wouldn't ship anyones stuff without actual access to the funds and if worse came to worse i would just refund everyone, tell them to send the payment via google checkout, money order, or however else, and if they weren't comfortable doing that, we could just agree not to do the transaction and they could call ebay and tell them to release my funds so i could ship them the item.  eventually after complaining loud and long enough i got this restriction lifted even though it shouldn't have been there in the first place because i never had any problems selling on ebay before.

Originally Posted by BOSSPLAYAZ45

i only buy on ebay nothing else
After I made my first sell, I will never sell anything there anymore... I paid 30 bucks in fees... Listing fee, Final Value Fee & Paypal Fees... Talk about getting raped! 
sick.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BOSSPLAYAZ45

i only buy on ebay nothing else
After I made my first sell, I will never sell anything there anymore... I paid 30 bucks in fees... Listing fee, Final Value Fee & Paypal Fees... Talk about getting raped! 
sick.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif

Thought I was the only one who thought eBay was ridiculous with the fees. I saw how alot if people were making so much money of of eBay and said to myself how?? I wanted to try to sell a few pairs of Jordans I had on there and thought this is more trouble then it's worth

Thought I was the only one who thought eBay was ridiculous with the fees. I saw how alot if people were making so much money of of eBay and said to myself how?? I wanted to try to sell a few pairs of Jordans I had on there and thought this is more trouble then it's worth

I sold quite a few pairs on ebay recently but now I'm going have to jack up my price to cover the fees. But like everyone says, it's sometimes the only place to sell stuff if it doesn't move on NT or CL.

I sold quite a few pairs on ebay recently but now I'm going have to jack up my price to cover the fees. But like everyone says, it's sometimes the only place to sell stuff if it doesn't move on NT or CL.

Selling jordans on eBay brings about some of the biggest deadbeats ever. If I sell items that are unrelated to jordans or basketball shoes I have no problems getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom