Do any of you sell on Ebay anymore?

Selling jordans on eBay brings about some of the biggest deadbeats ever. If I sell items that are unrelated to jordans or basketball shoes I have no problems getting paid.

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

Selling jordans on eBay brings about some of the biggest deadbeats ever. If I sell items that are unrelated to jordans or basketball shoes I have no problems getting paid.
you couldnt have said that 3 months ago

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

you couldnt have said that 3 months ago

Yeah i sell on ebay, but with shoes ive stopped. Im waiting to sell my shoes on here when my account clears. Those fees are terrible. If you have stuff laying around u dont care about ebay is they way to go but other then that no bueno

Yeah i sell on ebay, but with shoes ive stopped. Im waiting to sell my shoes on here when my account clears. Those fees are terrible. If you have stuff laying around u dont care about ebay is they way to go but other then that no bueno

I would rather give someone a 10-15 dollar discount (depending on the shoe) selling via paypal or niketalk than sell on ebay.

I would rather give someone a 10-15 dollar discount (depending on the shoe) selling via paypal or niketalk than sell on ebay.

It looks like this post has been hiding for a while, but I cannot help but ask...are eBay fees that really that bad? It sure seems to be the most convenient way of selling online. It is where the average Joe goes to look online. Would I rather sell on NT? Yup. But most everyone is looking for a "deal" or trade. Me; I want cash.

It looks like this post has been hiding for a while, but I cannot help but ask...are eBay fees that really that bad? It sure seems to be the most convenient way of selling online. It is where the average Joe goes to look online. Would I rather sell on NT? Yup. But most everyone is looking for a "deal" or trade. Me; I want cash.

Originally Posted by JSENNY25

to me as a seller yes everything about ebay is unideal.  between the crappy excessive double dipping fees from ebay and paypal and the numerous deadbeats. ebay as a seller is all but ruined for me.   thing is, i never use ebay the way it was intended to be which is a bidding website due to their crappy policies.  it would piss me the hell off how i could list an item for 7 days,  have a legit bidder winning the auction the entire time only to have some 0 feedback deadbeat win at the last minute and either not pay or try to negotiate price after winning an auction he's under contract to pay for.

a while back, some dude on here posted about how he did a buy it now on some royal foams for $250,  only to flake on the seller AFTER DOING THE BUY IT NOW because he found them elsewhere cheaper.    while it's a douche move on his part. ebay allows buyers to be deadbeats and they know it so they exploit it when it benifits them.

all my ebay auctions now are buy it now auctions with immediate payment required.  no wasting my time,  if you have the money to pay cool, if not you can do the buy it now when you can pay.

the niketalk buy sell fourm works but it's filled with flakes, lowballers, and just generally cheap people.  so bad where im tempted to start putting flake usernames in my sig like that moneylicious guys does
laugh.gif
   however if someone on here flakes on me it's not as bad as someone on ebay winning an auction only to flake on me.

Originally Posted by JSENNY25

to me as a seller yes everything about ebay is unideal.  between the crappy excessive double dipping fees from ebay and paypal and the numerous deadbeats. ebay as a seller is all but ruined for me.   thing is, i never use ebay the way it was intended to be which is a bidding website due to their crappy policies.  it would piss me the hell off how i could list an item for 7 days,  have a legit bidder winning the auction the entire time only to have some 0 feedback deadbeat win at the last minute and either not pay or try to negotiate price after winning an auction he's under contract to pay for.

a while back, some dude on here posted about how he did a buy it now on some royal foams for $250,  only to flake on the seller AFTER DOING THE BUY IT NOW because he found them elsewhere cheaper.    while it's a douche move on his part. ebay allows buyers to be deadbeats and they know it so they exploit it when it benifits them.

all my ebay auctions now are buy it now auctions with immediate payment required.  no wasting my time,  if you have the money to pay cool, if not you can do the buy it now when you can pay.

the niketalk buy sell fourm works but it's filled with flakes, lowballers, and just generally cheap people.  so bad where im tempted to start putting flake usernames in my sig like that moneylicious guys does
laugh.gif
   however if someone on here flakes on me it's not as bad as someone on ebay winning an auction only to flake on me.

9% final value fee is what kills on ebay. Then the 3% paypal fee. I sell all my kicks on ebay. There is ways around the fees just got to know how to manipulate the system.

9% final value fee is what kills on ebay. Then the 3% paypal fee. I sell all my kicks on ebay. There is ways around the fees just got to know how to manipulate the system.

Originally Posted by AirFresh23Js

how do u get around those fees?

Originally Posted by AirFresh23Js

how do u get around those fees?

as much as i complain about the fees, the benefits have certainly outweighed negatives. i sold a pair of ds sz 12 nike air max 2 cb 94 black/silver for nearly $300 a few months ago. bought these shoes back in 2003 for $90 @ champs. never thought i would ever sell them for that much on nt or anywhere else. ebay/paypal fees took about $30 but i was still made more profit off these shoes than expected

as much as i complain about the fees, the benefits have certainly outweighed negatives. i sold a pair of ds sz 12 nike air max 2 cb 94 black/silver for nearly $300 a few months ago. bought these shoes back in 2003 for $90 @ champs. never thought i would ever sell them for that much on nt or anywhere else. ebay/paypal fees took about $30 but i was still made more profit off these shoes than expected

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

jesus they take $30.00 from $300.00 
well FlightClub is not much different they take $60.00 from $300.00 

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

jesus they take $30.00 from $300.00 
well FlightClub is not much different they take $60.00 from $300.00 

Back
Top Bottom