Do any of you sell on Ebay anymore?

I just split my 11/12 CDP and sold on ebay. Buyer used buy-it-now and been waiting on them to "get paid." Frustrating for sure

The final value fees suck but since I don't have the post count to sell on here I really didnt have a choice. Never wore the XI and figured I'd use the cash to pick up some shoes I will actually wear.

Sold a few pair on there in the last year or two, got my first deadbeat bidders on some Fire Red 3s and the 16/7 CDP week or two ago....

I agree the fee on shipping is totally outta line but u still gotta look at it from a business bottom-line; like someone else said they are giving your items a presentation basically worldwide, and i never tripped off the 9% or PayPal, its called THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS if you want 100% of your profit, payment whatever then you gotta have 100% resources so that an ebay or a PayPal doesnt come into play. They aren't advertising our items and recording our payments due to their Christian duty; they tryna get paid just like we are....

What did you all think was gonna happen when everybody THOUGHT they were bein slicc with the BIN for $.99 and $250 S&H on some Foams?? These ebay/PayPal people ARE NOT stupid my stepdad been workin at PayPal for over 10 years they 8nt playin bout their money cuz 4real though..

I would MUCH rather sell on NT, it APPEARS its more free-flowing.... but as far as ebay I usually just let it play out and welcome offers, trades and BINS I ended up sellin the Hares to an ebayer but just str8 thru PayPal so I missed the positive FB which is important but it was a pain-free transaction

Sold a few pair on there in the last year or two, got my first deadbeat bidders on some Fire Red 3s and the 16/7 CDP week or two ago....

I agree the fee on shipping is totally outta line but u still gotta look at it from a business bottom-line; like someone else said they are giving your items a presentation basically worldwide, and i never tripped off the 9% or PayPal, its called THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS if you want 100% of your profit, payment whatever then you gotta have 100% resources so that an ebay or a PayPal doesnt come into play. They aren't advertising our items and recording our payments due to their Christian duty; they tryna get paid just like we are....

What did you all think was gonna happen when everybody THOUGHT they were bein slicc with the BIN for $.99 and $250 S&H on some Foams?? These ebay/PayPal people ARE NOT stupid my stepdad been workin at PayPal for over 10 years they 8nt playin bout their money cuz 4real though..

I would MUCH rather sell on NT, it APPEARS its more free-flowing.... but as far as ebay I usually just let it play out and welcome offers, trades and BINS I ended up sellin the Hares to an ebayer but just str8 thru PayPal so I missed the positive FB which is important but it was a pain-free transaction

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

Originally Posted by moelest

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

how do u get around those fees?
what about after everything is done(the seller got paid and the buyer got the item), the seller send a cancel transaction request to buyer.
buyer accept the request and i believe the final value fee will be given back to the seller.
in the end, the seller just have to pay the 4% paypal fee(because its automatically deducted from the payment money received by the seller).

accidentally did that once and i think i might do that again.. :tongue:

You can't cancel transaction if payment is recorded. You gotta remember that eBay owns pay pal everything is connected.

Sorry kxtreme83:

But you are absolutely wrong. Moelest is dead on correct. You can cancel the transaction. If the buyer agrees on his side the fees are refunded whether payment has been made through paypal or not. If you put in for the cancel request and they dont respond within the 7 day period they will cancel the transaction and refund the fees. Either way it goes the transaction actually still stands and both buyer and seller can leave feedback for one another. Best way to go about it is to post Offer up to end early. Usually when it gets to around the price i want i will contact the highest bidder and ask them if they want to get it ended early. Once negotiations reach a final stamp and money is received, auction ended. If that does not happen then i go the cancel transaction route with auction winner. THATS KNOWLEDGE, DO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH IT!

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

how do u get around those fees?
what about after everything is done(the seller got paid and the buyer got the item), the seller send a cancel transaction request to buyer.
buyer accept the request and i believe the final value fee will be given back to the seller.
in the end, the seller just have to pay the 4% paypal fee(because its automatically deducted from the payment money received by the seller).

You can't cancel transaction if payment is recorded. You gotta remember that eBay owns pay pal everything is connected.

Sorry kxtreme83:

But you are absolutely wrong. Moelest is dead on correct. You can cancel the transaction. If the buyer agrees on his side the fees are refunded whether payment has been made through paypal or not. If you put in for the cancel request and they dont respond within the 7 day period they will cancel the transaction and refund the fees. Either way it goes the transaction actually still stands and both buyer and seller can leave feedback for one another. Best way to go about it is to post Offer up to end early. Usually when it gets to around the price i want i will contact the highest bidder and ask them if they want to get it ended early. Once negotiations reach a final stamp and money is received, auction ended. If that does not happen then i go the cancel transaction route with auction winner. THATS KNOWLEDGE, DO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH IT!

i can't stand ebay. they are crooks and they don't protect the sellers. i hope another online site buries them like facebook did to myspace.

i can't stand ebay. they are crooks and they don't protect the sellers. i hope another online site buries them like facebook did to myspace.

Why not? Those that can't proft on ebay just don't know how to find deals on that HEAT. The stuff I list got the beasts ready to pay me whatever my asking price is otherwise I'll just let it sit there. BUY IT NOW with no BEST OFFERS accepted.
laugh.gif

If you list that GOOD GOOD the BEASTS will come.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I owe eBay $600 for sales this month tho... 
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Why not? Those that can't proft on ebay just don't know how to find deals on that HEAT. The stuff I list got the beasts ready to pay me whatever my asking price is otherwise I'll just let it sit there. BUY IT NOW with no BEST OFFERS accepted.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

ive heard real horror styories bout paypal debiting peoples ccards when deadbeat buyers run out of credit on their account, that and the total BS policys that coming on from ebay is killin it and making prices more exspensive - your pretty much givin up 15% of final sale price nowadays on ebay by the time ebay and paypal have their fees. F that BS!

ive heard real horror styories bout paypal debiting peoples ccards when deadbeat buyers run out of credit on their account, that and the total BS policys that coming on from ebay is killin it and making prices more exspensive - your pretty much givin up 15% of final sale price nowadays on ebay by the time ebay and paypal have their fees. F that BS!

unmark payment and received, get buyer to mutually cancel and viola..no fees.

It's not worth the trouble now a days cause paypal holds your funds for 21 days now if they "suspect" the items you're selling to be open to chargebacks...ehh.

unmark payment and received, get buyer to mutually cancel and viola..no fees.

It's not worth the trouble now a days cause paypal holds your funds for 21 days now if they "suspect" the items you're selling to be open to chargebacks...ehh.

Originally Posted by 430AM

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

You must be selling kidneys and hearts for transplant on ebay to own them that kind of fee.....
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

You must be selling kidneys and hearts for transplant on ebay to own them that kind of fee.....
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AirFresh23Js

Sorry kxtreme83:

yea, that is how cancel transaction works. But then you always run into douchebags who think that by agreeing to cancel transaction, they run to risk of something terrible happening to them.........even though they have already received the shoes.   tards.

Originally Posted by AirFresh23Js

Sorry kxtreme83:

yea, that is how cancel transaction works. But then you always run into douchebags who think that by agreeing to cancel transaction, they run to risk of something terrible happening to them.........even though they have already received the shoes.   tards.

Do you think that you run the risk of getting your selling privileges suspended by doing this? Wouldn't eBay catch on to what you're doing?

Do you think that you run the risk of getting your selling privileges suspended by doing this? Wouldn't eBay catch on to what you're doing?

if thats the question then the answer is YES. we can get our selling privileges suspended by doing this.
just like the $1 item+$500 shipping method that we all cant use anymore..

but also keep in mind that everyday hundreds or thousands of transactions done in eBay, they wont check that many transactions individually..

so in the meantime, i think its a way to avoid those ridiculous fees. but then again, thats just me..
ohwell.gif

if thats the question then the answer is YES. we can get our selling privileges suspended by doing this.
just like the $1 item+$500 shipping method that we all cant use anymore..

but also keep in mind that everyday hundreds or thousands of transactions done in eBay, they wont check that many transactions individually..

so in the meantime, i think its a way to avoid those ridiculous fees. but then again, thats just me..
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom