Do you think roided up bodybuilders can fight?

Yea the problem is any pro boxer would pepper one of these big hulks. 
laugh.gif

Average joe vs average joe body builder is a completely different story.
That's aside the point. I was just showing that size isn't the major factor when it comes to fighting that alot of people assume it to be.

Oh and yes on your 2nd point I agree, giving the BB a 55-45 chance ( maybe being too high, perhaps a 51-49 but I digress.)

Why are y'all talking about pro fighters like they walk the street daily? Of course a pro fighter would do damage. We're talking about normal everyday people here

I know plenty of roid users who pick fights at party's and get whooped.

also some weight less due to no body fat.

Last edited:
What do roids and bodybuilding have to do with being able to fight? sorry, but injecting yourself with hormones and repeatedly lifting iron does not teach you how to fight. if you want to learn how to fight sign up for a boxing/muay thai/mma/brazilian jiu jitsu/judo/wrestling class. 6 yrs of bjj, 5 yrs of muay thai, 3 yrs boxing, judo/wrestling sprinkled in yeah i aint scared of any body builder walking this planet(or man).

and to be 100 ive had those huge, roided out bodybuilders come in to class and theyre the easiest to tap out or spar against because theyre like statues. super stiff and slow. it really doesnt matter how big you are if you know how to fight you should be able to fuq up any person that has no training.

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A BJJ BOXING OR MUAY THAI SCHOOL IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA WITH THE BEST TRAINERS IN THE WORLD MSG ME I GOT ALL YOUR INFO.

Last edited:
These guys are on steroids... if you get hit with a good enough shot you're getting KO'd quick.

Of course these guys aren't trained fighters but I believe the question was talking about a body builder against an average person.

Fighting is a lot about strength, and a lot about mass. Bodybuilders have this in spades over the average Joe Schmoe.

Take Joe Schmoe that is 6'1, 185 pounds and let him train for 3 months in a boxing and MMA class (no submissions learning allowed tho).

Then take Joe Bodybuilder that is 5'10, 275 pounds and has been bodybuilding for 5+ years.

Put them in a ring MMA rules and the Joe Bodybuilder is gonna dominate the other guy 9 times out of 10. If someone that outweighs you by 100 pounds, and exercises for strength (or relative to normal people strength) they are gonna be able to hurt you. Unless you are some amazing boxer, you are not going to stop that big dude from taking you down. Once it is down on the ground, even a few glancing shots will make you forget any boxing/MMA skills you learned unless you have been doing it for years and years.

Fighting is a lot about strength, and a lot about mass.

Lmao stopped reading there!! Spoken like somebody who a.) has never been in a fight b.) has never trained a day in their lives. Fighting is about technique and if I were to pick one human trait it would be SPEED.

Somebody give this kid a copy of UFC 1 where 160lbs twig Royce Gracie embarrasses guys twice his size or better yet a bob sapp video lmao.

Last edited:
Lmao stopped reading there!! Spoken like somebody who a.) has never been in a fight b.) has never trained a day in their lives

Somebody give this kid a copy of UFC 1 where 160lbs twig Royce Gracie embarrasses guys twice his size.

That's not the argument. We're not arguing whether a BBer can beat up a UFC fighter, I'd say we would all agree the UFC fighter would win.

Royce Gracie is perhaps one of the greatest 'fighters' of all time. You'd expect him to win.

But pit a normal 'average' person versus a 300 pound bodybuilder and most likely, his mass and weight will help him win.

This is the case in every aspect of fighting, from boxing to wrestling. Thus the creation of weight classes. Putting fighting SKILL aside, weight/mass/strength would be the next most important attributes and if you're going up against a bodybuilder, he will have the upperhand in all 3 and thus the upperhand in the fight.

ts asked us to reply with our personal opinions and having experience in the ring and on the mats with roided out bodybuilder I gave my answer, but to reply to the other guy no fighing is not about "mass and strength". After actual fighting skills I'd put toughness/heart and speed ahead of mass and strength.

Last edited:
I'd rather have those loose boxing muscles than monstrous roided muscles.

But I'm fat. My statement is strictly hypothetical.

Lol at anyone thinking Mayweather has the slightest chance in a FIGHT against Dwyane Wade. In a boxing match, Mayweather would PROBABLY win but definitely no knockout unless Mayweather is the one getting knocked out.

Lol at anyone thinking Mayweather has the slightest chance in a FIGHT against Dwyane Wade. In a boxing match, Mayweather would PROBABLY win but definitely no knockout unless Mayweather is the one getting knocked out.

I hope you're trolling... If not I don't know which doctor to recommend you.

506175703.gif

Back
Top Bottom