Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

Happy for her and her family. Find with the deal.

Her suffering and potentially dying in a labor camp is not something I want to see.

Biden knows more about foreign policy than 99.9% of Americans. Mans got her home during a war. Most of the "I can't he did this" takes just come off as pearl clutching to me.

Her suffering and potentially dying in a labor camp is not something I want to see.

Biden knows more about foreign policy than 99.9% of Americans. Mans got her home during a war. Most of the "I can't he did this" takes just come off as pearl clutching to me.

They hate women b

That’s the thing she probably would’ve died in a labor camp. Glad she’s coming home as this entire situation was a dictator trying to leverage a celebrity for something. Joey did the right thing and I’m very proud.

In case everyone is wonder how Paul Whelan's family feels.

Already know some really hot takes are coming.

"There is no greater success than for a wrongful detainee to be freed and for them to go home," he said in a statement. "The Biden Administration made the right decision to bring Ms. Griner home, and to make the deal that was possible, rather than waiting for one that wasn't going to happen."

The U.S. told the Whelan family ahead of time, which allowed them to "mentally prepare for what is now a public disappointment."

"It is important to me that it is clear that we do not begrudge Ms. Griner her freedom. As I have often remarked, Brittney's and Paul's cases were never really intertwined.

During a press conference announcing Griner's release, President Joe Biden said "we've not forgotten about Paul Whelan," arguing they didn't have a "choice" in which Americans they could have released."

In case everyone is wonder how Paul Whelan's family feels.

Already know some really hot takes are coming.

"There is no greater success than for a wrongful detainee to be freed and for them to go home," he said in a statement. "The Biden Administration made the right decision to bring Ms. Griner home, and to make the deal that was possible, rather than waiting for one that wasn't going to happen."

The U.S. told the Whelan family ahead of time, which allowed them to "mentally prepare for what is now a public disappointment."

"It is important to me that it is clear that we do not begrudge Ms. Griner her freedom. As I have often remarked, Brittney's and Paul's cases were never really intertwined.

During a press conference announcing Griner's release, President Joe Biden said "we've not forgotten about Paul Whelan," arguing they didn't have a "choice" in which Americans they could have released."

I mean their family member is still locked up abroad & they want him free....... what else would they say in regards to America & the President :lol: .

Gotta love people up in arms about a Marine not coming home on the day they first heard about the Marine. People are ridiculous. :lol:

Folks really can’t be glad BG is free. That’s wild to me.

edit: Also, Whelan’s alleged crimes are a bit more serious than Griner’s. It isn’t like they haven’t been trying to get him home—Russia wasn’t willing to play ball with him.

Me too fam

I guess since his family is okay with it everyone should be, you right
You can feel however you want about Whelan not being freed.

At the end of the day, our opinions don't really matter

Whelan's family, whose opinion does matter, understand the situation. And that Russia is the one's to be upset at, not the folk that have been trying to get him freed.

Lowkey this gonna be the biggest thing for her career wise, she about to come home to a bag & be paraded around like a hero. Docs, books etc etc. that was never gonna be realized in the WNBA

If Putin weren’t such an evil and oppressive dictator neither person would still be locked up. Putin is all about maximizing leverage to get what he wants. I bet he did the calculation and figured he maximized Griner and wants to cause divisions in America by releasing one and not the other. Props to Joey and the Ukrainian people as Putin knows he’s losing the war and probably had some even crazier demands like the US halting sending arms to Ukraine.

Gotta love people up in arms about a Marine not coming home on the day they first heard about the Marine. People are ridiculous. :lol:

Folks really can’t be glad BG is free. That’s wild to me.

edit: Also, Whelan’s alleged crimes are a bit more serious than Griner’s. It isn’t like they haven’t been trying to get him home—Russia wasn’t willing to play ball with him.

Uhhhmmm. Wasn’t the Russian we were given back an arms dealer and assassin of some sorts. We traded a celeb pot smoker for an arms dealer. He was a pretty big bargaining chip. Anyway congrats to BG.

The so-called Merchant of Death was supposed to be released in 2029, btw. He was not doing a life sentence. They let him go 6 years early for Griner. Sure there would have been plenty of outrage at that 2029 release. Right? No? That's what I thought.

Not sure who's gonna be more famous after today. Vickor Bout or Brittney Griner.

Viktor Bout was imprisoned for 12 years. What type of political and intel usefulness does he have at this point?

I promise ya'll don't have to downplay the impact of a national terrorist & war monger in order to be happy for Brittany :lol:

She didn't deserve the time & it's great that she's out
The Russian dude is assumingly very dangerous, with a lot of connections, & was an asset against a country we have "tensions" with... and we had to release that asset due to a vape pen

Both things can be true

Back
Top Bottom