Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

This is what people also dont realize.. dude was gonna be out in the next 5-7 years anyway why not get what we could.. glad to see she is home from a trumped up charge. If you don't think the US didn't have Bout in a blacksite before he even touched American soil for trial your dumb. He probably gave up everything years ago.

I promise ya'll don't have to downplay the impact of a national terrorist & war monger in order to be happy for Brittany :lol:

She didn't deserve the time & it's great that she's out
The Russian dude is assumingly very dangerous, with a lot of connections, & was an asset against a country we have "tensions" with... and we had to release that asset due to a vape pen

Both things can be true
Exactly like I’m glad she’s home
but you don’t have to ignore the power dynamics at play as well
folks already knew it was going to come down to this
now we can’t speak about it FOH
y’all took your tin foil hat off now huh :lol::lol:

Letting a guy who is called “The MERCHANT OF DEATH” go in exchange for a weed smoking female basketball player. Not really a fair or equal value trade IMO.

Long story short this move will most likely cause alot of harm death to incident people…..versus people tuning in to watch BG play in about 2-3 WNBA games on TV and quickly forgetting about her.

Brittany earned that Russian league a lotttttt of money. Damn right she deserves to be free. They profited off her athletic ability. It is what it is.

Even swap, even swindle

We should've gotten both Griner and John.

People look at Griner's situation though a US Legal Lens. She was caught up in Russia not the US. Russia has a zero tolerance on Mary Jane. Griner made a mistake. I hope she gets out and does anything she can to get John out.

Glad Brittany is home. Honestly don't give a **** about the arms dealer and not gonna pretend like I know what he was or is capable of.
I'm completely ignorant to the guy but people are using the "Merchant of Death" nickname as if dude was some super villian.
I thought ever arms dealer was called Merchant of Death?..... You can call anyone that legal sells a gun a Merchant of Death if you want. :lol:

When it comes to foreign policy, I think a lot of people, especially Americans, believe that the US can get anything they want if they really if they tried harder.

So of course Biden could have gotten Whelan home too, he just prioritized the celebrity

And don't really consider that the person that really has the final say is a murderous dictator that cares nothing about what the US thinks

The options were no trade happens, and both Whelan and Griner rot in horrible conditions.

Or trade for only Griner.

That is how it is because that is what the Russians would accept.

Saying you are upset it went down like this implies you would prefer they both rot in a Russian prison.

Them both coming home was not something the Russians would accept, no matter how much people want to pretend it was to give their argument legs, it wasn't.

Yes, we traded a terrorist for her, but the dude was due out of prison in like 6 years. So the more time passed, the less valuable asset he becomes for the Russians to want him back.

And if DeSantis or Trump got into office in 2025, do you really think they would care about bringing home a black lesbian that voted for Biden? By the time their first term would be done, the Merchant of Death would be preparing to be released

It is fair to be disappointed in Whelan not coming home but it is funny to see people online that probably struggle in Fantasy football angry about how bad a trade this is.

Letting a guy who is called “The MERCHANT OF DEATH” go in exchange for a weed smoking female basketball player. Not really a fair or equal value trade IMO.

Long story short this move will most likely cause alot of harm death to incident people…..versus people tuning in to watch BG play in about 2-3 WNBA games on TV and quickly forgetting about her.
Man please soldiers in the us military, gun industry, are the biggest black market gun whole sellers and already been took his clients. you think the people that wanted to buy guns just put off their needs and waited for ol boy to be release from jail to continue their fights? Trucker in Kansas or Missouri I forget which one is a millionaire now selling pieces to and around Ukraine

Uhhhmmm. Wasn’t the Russian we were given back an arms dealer and assassin of some sorts. We traded a celeb pot smoker for an arms dealer. He was a pretty big bargaining chip. Anyway congrats to BG.

Do you really think this administration straight up chose Griner over Whelan? Of course not. They took what they could get. Putin wasn’t willing to play ball with Whelan.

And as already noted, the guy was due to be released shortly anyways. At this point, what’s the difference in him being free now or in 7 years? There is none in regards to how it affects us. People are really only up in arms because of the optics, not because of any clear and present threat from the mErChAnT oF dEaTh in 2022. Let’s be real.

One second it's Russia & that dictator must be Stopped!!! the next, yea we're giving them back a valued terrorist but it isn't that big of a deal really? people sell guns everyday B :lol:

In an alternate universe she confirms to a Putin and leads the national team Olympic gold against America :lol:

Man please soldiers in the us military, gun industry, are the biggest black market gun whole sellers and already been took his clients. you think the people that wanted to buy guns just put off their needs and waited for ol boy to be release from jail to continue their fights? Trucker in Kansas or Missouri I forget which one is a millionaire now selling pieces to and around Ukraine

And to piggyback off what you said, The US itself had been dealing arms for the longest of time :lol: :lol:

A lot of folks are STILL trying to minimize Viktor’s release by saying….“well dude was set to be released in 6 years.” Dudes talking as if 6 years is all of a sudden is 6 days. 6 years is still a long time. If you minimize the 6 years for Viktor….make sure you minimize the 9 years in prison as well.

This thread is about Brittney Griner and the people surrounding her release. No need to add different pieces or people to the board. Stay focused champ.

Back
Top Bottom