dogs are only okay.

these are the brave, hyper-loyal, and intelligent guardians of mankind, getting punked out and chased off by a kitty. >D
To be fair tho, there's no real need for dogs to protect us from cats. They don't pose a threat to us. But if a cat did attack or pose a threat to an owner a dog's instincts would likely kick in.

Think of a dogs fear like ours. Plenty of us are scared of things like rats, snakes, and spiders. Especially if one just creeps up and surprises us. And we're the alpha species lol. But if any of those things posed a direct threat to a loved one we'd attack despite out fears. Dogs are no different. Just imagine you're walking down an alley and a rat jumped near your leg out of nowhere. Odds are you're going to run off instead of fighting it.

Some pics of the little one my sis took a couple years ago

51095739185_0a81e8d553_z.jpg

51095738300_6393e344a4_z.jpg

This dude thought **** was sweet :lol:

Not good at reading a dog's body language though. Tucked tail, doing circles. Just needed the green light from the owner.

Even if they are small dogs too. The amount of noise the small dogs do will keep a lot of burglars out because they don’t want to deal with that attention.
Exactly. Theyre so much of a deterrent that it’s not worth even trying. Let’s say worst-case scenario happens and the guy tries to kill the dog, it’ll be so loud that the whole neighborhood can hear it.

I have a 3.5 yr old Aussie Shepherd. Homie is SUPER friendly, but as soon as he senses some goofy stuff going on, turns into a completely different dog.
I mean what are burglars going to steal anyway? A TV or something? People really don’t have cash and stuff around the house so even having a dog running around you while you’re trying to perform these tasks is too hard ,friendly or not

My dog is a lab and more of an alarm dog. She'll give a little bark if she sees a neighbor walking or something or the mail dude stops. But if someone actually pulls in or rings the bell she goes wild. Completely harmless though.

My dog is a lab and more of an alarm dog. She'll give a little bark if she sees a neighbor walking or something or the mail dude stops. But if someone actually pulls in or rings the bell she goes wild. Completely harmless though.

Same exact situation with our dog. But its definitely loud enough to wake everyone up, including the neighbors.

I have a 3.5 yr old Aussie Shepherd. Homie is SUPER friendly, but as soon as he senses some goofy stuff going on, turns into a completely different dog.

My dog is an Aussie mix... you’re telling me. She’s the most loving dog but if she senses anything all bets are off. She gets real protective real fast and has a mean warning bark lol

My mom’s dog had diabetes and she kept him alive for 3.5 years like that after he developed it. The vet said if it was almost any other dog owner the dog wouldn’t have made it past 6 months. It’s sad when you hear a vet say that. Shows who really are dog owners and who just get a dog and only take care of it when it’s convenient.

To be fair tho, there's no real need for dogs to protect us from cats. They don't pose a threat to us. But if a cat did attack or pose a threat to an owner a dog's instincts would likely kick in.

Think of a dogs fear like ours. Plenty of us are scared of things like rats, snakes, and spiders. Especially if one just creeps up and surprises us. And we're the alpha species lol. But if any of those things posed a direct threat to a loved one we'd attack despite out fears. Dogs are no different. Just imagine you're walking down an alley and a rat jumped near your leg out of nowhere. Odds are you're going to run off instead of fighting it.

Anyway I am getting a blue pit next month, name is Strauss.

Back
Top Bottom