ever meet black folk that are racist against other black folk?

A lot of Africans have this attitude. They come over here and look down on American blacks. The %%$@ is shameful.

A lot of Africans have this attitude. They come over here and look down on American blacks. The %%$@ is shameful.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Lets skip the warm up and get straight to the heated arguments.

Nat Turner, I summon thou
11/23/10 9:43 PM
ijapino wrote:
Nat Turner will be on vacation until further notice.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nike forum, Kobe and LeBron threads... 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
[/font]

ijapino wrote:

[/font]

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Yes, Dominican people.

They have a weird dislike of other black people. The ones I met look down on both black Americans and Africans. Makes it hard to get along with them.
They're. Not. Black.
So there are no black Dominicans? Vlad Guerrero and Alfonso Soriano aren't black?
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif
They are HISPANIC. They're darker complexion does not make them black. I'm undeniably African-American, yet I know quite a few Indians who are darker than me. I guess that makes them black too?
Since when is 'Hispanic' considered a race?

Yes, Dominican people.

They have a weird dislike of other black people. The ones I met look down on both black Americans and Africans. Makes it hard to get along with them.
They're. Not. Black.
So there are no black Dominicans? Vlad Guerrero and Alfonso Soriano aren't black?
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif
They are HISPANIC. They're darker complexion does not make them black. I'm undeniably African-American, yet I know quite a few Indians who are darker than me. I guess that makes them black too?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

ijapino wrote:

[/font]

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
[/font]

aww man, I could have used this distraction.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

ijapino wrote:

[/font]

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
[/font]

aww man, I could have used this distraction.

Yes, Dominican people.

They're. Not. Black.
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif

Skin color is not the same thing as a culture(Hispanic) or where you're from necessarily. I think you're confused dude. Black, White, Brown are used to describe pigment. Hispanic is not used in this way. You can be in fact, "Black" and Hispanic at the same time.

Yes, Dominican people.

They're. Not. Black.
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif

Skin color is not the same thing as a culture(Hispanic) or where you're from necessarily. I think you're confused dude. Black, White, Brown are used to describe pigment. Hispanic is not used in this way. You can be in fact, "Black" and Hispanic at the same time.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Yes, Dominican people.

But Dominicans aren't black tho?
grin.gif
 The only Islands of people that can be considered black are Haitians and Trinidadians (whenever they wanna be).

Why you tryna ruffle feathers...word to

PIGEONHOOD: "I AINT NO BIRD SON, I'M A PIGEON. WE'REDIFFERENT."

pigeon.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Yes, Dominican people.

But Dominicans aren't black tho?
grin.gif
 The only Islands of people that can be considered black are Haitians and Trinidadians (whenever they wanna be).

Why you tryna ruffle feathers...word to

PIGEONHOOD: "I AINT NO BIRD SON, I'M A PIGEON. WE'REDIFFERENT."

pigeon.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Yes, Dominican people.

They're. Not. Black.
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif
You do realize that the Spanish were the biggest slave traders right? Most Africans's weren't brought to the US, they were brought to the latin countries that you refer to as hispanic.  African-Americans don't have a monoploly on blackness, there are more blacks in Brazil and throughout Latin America in countries like Columbia, Ecuador, Guyana, all over the caribbean etc. So the dark complexion that you are talking about is actually just them being black.  Indians can be dark but they don't have African features, such as pronounced lips and wide noses.  90% of Dominicans come have at least a drop of African ancestry and it usually quite a good percentage.

Please explain the differences in race/ethnicity then among these folks:

673f115003_Ortiz_02212009.jpg
ester-rolle.jpg

Castillo.jpg
shawty_lo_mtv.jpg

Yes, Dominican people.

They're. Not. Black.
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif
You do realize that the Spanish were the biggest slave traders right? Most Africans's weren't brought to the US, they were brought to the latin countries that you refer to as hispanic.  African-Americans don't have a monoploly on blackness, there are more blacks in Brazil and throughout Latin America in countries like Columbia, Ecuador, Guyana, all over the caribbean etc. So the dark complexion that you are talking about is actually just them being black.  Indians can be dark but they don't have African features, such as pronounced lips and wide noses.  90% of Dominicans come have at least a drop of African ancestry and it usually quite a good percentage.

Please explain the differences in race/ethnicity then among these folks:

673f115003_Ortiz_02212009.jpg
ester-rolle.jpg

Castillo.jpg
shawty_lo_mtv.jpg

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Yes, Dominican people.

They're. Not. Black.
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico) is a term that originally denoted a relationship to the ancient Hispania, a country that geographically coincided with the Iberian Peninsula. During the Modern Era, Hispanic sometimes takes on a more limited meaning, relating to the contemporary nation of Spain, one of the successor states of Hispania.

Still more recently, the term has also (or alternatively) been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority of the population speaking the Spanish language. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this definition includes Mexico, the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. The nations formerly pertaining to the Spanish East Indies, are sometimes also included in this definition, as their cultures have some Spanish or Latin American elements.

Whatever way you choose to look at it, neither of those people he named are "black" (in regards to the African diaspora), so I stand by my statement.

*patiently awaiting your rebuttal*

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Yes, Dominican people.

They're. Not. Black.
eyes.gif
Absolutely not
laugh.gif

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico) is a term that originally denoted a relationship to the ancient Hispania, a country that geographically coincided with the Iberian Peninsula. During the Modern Era, Hispanic sometimes takes on a more limited meaning, relating to the contemporary nation of Spain, one of the successor states of Hispania.

Still more recently, the term has also (or alternatively) been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority of the population speaking the Spanish language. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this definition includes Mexico, the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. The nations formerly pertaining to the Spanish East Indies, are sometimes also included in this definition, as their cultures have some Spanish or Latin American elements.

Whatever way you choose to look at it, neither of those people he named are "black" (in regards to the African diaspora), so I stand by my statement.

*patiently awaiting your rebuttal*

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

90% of Dominicans come have at least a drop of African ancestry and it usually quite a good percentage.
brb pulling stats out my #*%

And regardless thats true for MANY races. We have all crossed paths at one point. So I guess we're all black. /thread

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

90% of Dominicans come have at least a drop of African ancestry and it usually quite a good percentage.
brb pulling stats out my #*%

And regardless thats true for MANY races. We have all crossed paths at one point. So I guess we're all black. /thread

lol @ black dominicans saying they're not black. just cause you speak a language does not stop you from being of a certain ancestry. i know alot of germans that speak spanish does that mean they are hispanic? 
laugh.gif
im dominican and im light skinned but i do have plenty of family members that make michael blackson look red boned. for us dominicans it all comes down to which gene dominates. if you black as hell you know the african side took over.

lol @ black dominicans saying they're not black. just cause you speak a language does not stop you from being of a certain ancestry. i know alot of germans that speak spanish does that mean they are hispanic? 
laugh.gif
im dominican and im light skinned but i do have plenty of family members that make michael blackson look red boned. for us dominicans it all comes down to which gene dominates. if you black as hell you know the african side took over.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This isn't anything new. I've known of quite of few people from the islands who look down upon Africans born in America.

Took the thought right out of my head as I read OP's post lol

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This isn't anything new. I've known of quite of few people from the islands who look down upon Africans born in America.

Took the thought right out of my head as I read OP's post lol

Hispanic = NATIONALITY. Not race. I can pull out stuff from wiki to prove my point, too. You're not the only one:

Hispanicity, which is independent of race, is the only ethnic category, as opposed to racial category, which is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Hispanic = NATIONALITY. Not race. I can pull out stuff from wiki to prove my point, too. You're not the only one:

Hispanicity, which is independent of race, is the only ethnic category, as opposed to racial category, which is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau.

People in here are wasting their breath tryna explain the difference between race and ethnic group to people...I've tried.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom