Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

Jordan is slipping - It is very telling when the Air Jordan VI is selling for less than retail with free shipping on Ebay. The last time these released they were selling for double on Ebay!

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

i think we all somehow knew this, anyways the Air Jordan VI that recently released isn't that wanted but its still good

The varsity red 6 didn't sell Well because they used suede. Atleast that's why I didn't buy them. And the white red 12 released at the worst time possible. Right before space jams. People were staying tight on funds to save for the jams

Why is it that you guys justify how "good" a shoe is by sales? It's a good shoe IMO.

And "JB" (not Jordan) isn't slipping one bit FYI.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

^TRUTH

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

The varsity red 6 didn't sell Well because they used suede. Atleast that's why I didn't buy them. And the white red 12 released at the worst time possible. Right before space jams. People were staying tight on funds to save for the jams

^ QFT...but i bought the v r 6 and love 'em

We're so saturated with releases from Brand Jordan that there's no way they can be judged on one release alone, sales-wise or otherwise....

glasses.gif

I think HYPE sells jays today...there are too many hypebeasts and resellers that jump all over certain shoes and increase the demand. Think about it... SPACE JAM RESELLERS had FSR's waaaay before release date!!! It wasn't just Early release Asian sites that had 'em early either!!! MOM and POP shops were bangin people @least $50 over retail weeks before release date. There are plenty of pairs still floating around on eBAY and CL plus don't forget collectors with more than 3 pairs in their own size and infant sizes too!!!! I honestly believe this was a GR with plenty to go around for everyone BUT..... People ARE GREEDY!!!!! They rushed the stores for these SJ's like it was the 5 o'clock free crack give-a-way!!! If there's no hype most people wouldn't even be interested!!! I know people that don't EVER buy Jordans that were all over these SJ's......those same people didn't even know about Numbered Jays or what number the SJ's even were, but they were first on line @ the local FOOTLOCKER!! LOL

alien.gif
kopNkicks wrote:

I think HYPE sells jays today...there are too many hypebeasts and resellers that jump all over certain shoes and increase the demand. Think about it... SPACE JAM RESELLERS had FSR's waaaay before release date!!! It wasn't just Early release Asian sites that had 'em early either!!! MOM and POP shops were bangin people @least $50 over retail weeks before release date. There are plenty of pairs still floating around on eBAY and CL plus don't forget collectors with more than 3 pairs in their own size and infant sizes too!!!! I honestly believe this was a GR with plenty to go around for everyone BUT..... People ARE GREEDY!!!!! They rushed the stores for these SJ's like it was the 5 o'clock free crack give-a-way!!! If there's no hype most people wouldn't even be interested!!! I know people that don't EVER buy Jordans that were all over these SJ's......those same people didn't even know about Numbered Jays or what number the SJ's even were, but they were first on line @ the local FOOTLOCKER!! LOL
Couldn't have said it better myself. Blame HYPE.

Sales-wise, I would have to disagree. All you have to do is Google "jordan brand revenue" and you'll see they had a good year topping $1B in revenue. Fleebay is hardly a yardstick for a company's financial state.

Now if you are talking quality wise, we all know the answer to that already.

EDIT: I actually think they did a pretty good job with the vred VI's (copped 2 pairs for myself). It's the hypebeasts resellers that got multiple pairs for resale and got stuck with their pairs that are trying to dump these now on fleebay.

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.

eek.gif
$143 million

But the 2010 release of the varsity reds will never compare to the infareds. They will never do the numbers that the infareds did/are doing.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the varsity VI are a general release and a lot of people were turned off that they are suede and not infrared.

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the varsity VI are a general release and a lot of people were turned off that they are suede and not infrared.

30d7yvk.jpg

Infrared is a material now? 
roll.gif

When were the Varsity Red's supposed to be the second coming of the Infra's? Did JB proclaim this, or was this before collector's deemed them as such.?

^Pretty sure he meant that they were suede and varsity red as opposed to durabuck and infared.

Over saturation in a flat economy. Retailers ordered these in massive quantities, and JB were hardly going to say no.

The upper is fine, and the durabuck on the OGs was nothing special to start off with. This shoe was built lightweight back in the 90s.

The midsole however feels like it's made of cardboard.

Say no more!! Truth has been spoken!!!
pimp.gif

When were the Varsity Red's supposed to be the second coming of the Infra's?

Everyone assumed, and were mad that they weren't. 

What if JB released the Infrared colorway with the exact same suede material instead?  I wonder how people would feel about that, or vise versa.

Back
Top Bottom