Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.

This figure is completely and utterly false.

Im making this number up but it will see how close Kneesh was right. Say JB made $100 profit from every pair of space jams they sell. They would have to sell 14,300,000 of them in December to make a profit of $143 million. It was a limited release right
roll.gif

Did you mean $10 profit on every pair? 14,300,000 x 100 = 1,430,000,000. Maybe he was talking Gross Revenue...but still $143M at $175 a pair means they sold 817,142 units......waaaaay too high

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by OthelloxTwon

Originally Posted by scarru

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

^TRUTH

word life man.....

if you don't like them..just DONT BUY THEM..KEEP IT MOVIN!!
fortunately everyone actually followed your advice.
laugh.gif
..these varsity red VI's were garbage and da fact that hypebeast that jumped on da boat too early for these got smacked in da

face by reality...that these kicks were just clones of something JB should've really released..da infrareds. and now people are making excuses for da fact that they flopped.

had they been durabuck people would've bought them easily.

this is da worst selling VI Hitop i've ever seen....even da white and navy VI retro+ from 2000 was gone by da next week.

goes to show you, don't mess with perfection.
I think ninjahood is a good contributing member of niketalk, I dont often agree with him, but his posts are always informative.However I cant hardly stand to read his posts because of his constant use of "da" instead of "the" but anyways back to the point, people that wanted them bought them. I dont thnik we need to keep discussing this. I love the shoe. I bought it. I may buy another if I get my money right and they are still around. However the people that like them are not gonna convince the people that dont to buy them, and the people that dont like them are not going to convince those of us that like them that they are trash. We really need to quit with this pointless back and forth banter.

Jordan is in a great postion of power financially...there's no way there slipping by generating $1 billion in revenue as a freakin subsidiary of the big dog called "Nike". Same cats that are always hating on JB be the same ones still spending there money on their products lol! Comedy Central! Keep doing your thing Jordan! Only shoe company really putting out coppable sneakers and Nike with the retros!

i'd have to say that jb is not slipping in sales, but they are losing their die hard supporters.  you can go into any finishline and see multiple retros on the wall at the same time.  half of them will even be on sale.  my whole life, i've never been able to go into a store and pick between three or even four classics.  now they drop a hot shoe and it just sets there until it goes on sale, meanwhile wanna be gangsters and even trailer park kids come in buying up all the recently released garbage.  honestly i only buy jordans for the memories anymore.  if i was new to the shoe game i wouldn't even be interested in them.

Da varsity reds are strait for the price, i mean grant it dey werent as anticipated as da space jams of course but dey a nice pair of Js, but JB has fell off alot, especially wit afta da release of da 17s. Everything afta em has been trash

Slippin? who's slippin?
Just because they're sitting on the shelves here in the U.S., that doesn't mean they're slippin?
Worldwide they're doing well, plus the fact that they had bad marketing strategy last year especially last quarter of  '09..
Just like this year, it's been a tradition that JB releases new Jordans every All Star Break, why would Nike release Coppers on that date, what for the hype?
Now a lot of people are disappointed that they pushed release for Coppers..
Very Bad Strategy for Nike and JB, and well there is the price issue, and a lot of dudes with no jobs
Once the 12's go on sale, they will sell fast
black/red 6's weren't that bad as other people say, they are really nice, very soft and good fit, it's a completely different shoe

i bet if the recently released varsity red AJ VIs stayed true to the og infrareds there would have been mass chaos just like the spacejams last december
tired.gif

Originally Posted by arc9802

Jordan is slipping - It is very telling when the Air Jordan VI is selling for less than retail with free shipping on Ebay. The last time these released they were selling for double on Ebay!

What??? These never released first off and if you're refering to the Infra Reds, those WERE NOT selling for double retail on ebay 2 weeks after release. I know, I was there 
wink.gif
 lol

Please tell me that jumpman below your shoulder is not a real tat.

Anyway, JB did an excellent job with the quality of the bred VI's. Just because they aren't infrared doesn't mean JB slipped.

Originally Posted by edunpeal

i bet if the recently released varsity red AJ VIs stayed true to the og infrareds there would have been mass chaos just like the spacejams last december
tired.gif
of COURSE....i am confident that had da infrared VI's drop in true form they would've dold out immediately..you're talking about one of da most beloved jordans in da

entire series.

I'll agree that they are losing older supporters, however I'm almost 30 and I can only vaguely remember the og vi release. Therefor, to have jb re-re-release the vi I can't give the standard "those are crap compared to my og's" reply. A 20 year old sneakerhead would have just been born when they first dropped so how could they possibly be able to have an accurate opinion on shoes from that era?

JB is a business, one that is doing pretty well. They might not be catering to their original demographic anymore instead, they'll target people who can't tell the difference. Every business readjusts for it's new market. Cats my age, if unhappy with the available product should either stop buying, or stop crying. But I highly doubt that JB is going to read this thread and say "What have we been doing? People feel cheated but keep buying. Let's cut into our own profit margin by using the same materials we did in 1991 so they'll (old guys) stop whining." Nope. They'll probably do what I would do and take your money.

Like it or not, not everyone is a sneakerhead. Some folks just want something to cover their damn feet. People are going to buy Jays even if you perceive a slight difference or decline in quality. Sometimes those are the people who JB want to buy their shoes. People with MONEY who need SHOES.

How can you say that JB is slipping? They got there money for EVERY pair that all these stores have/had. They are HARDLY slipping my friend, JB has nothing to do with prices on ebay, its the resellers getting rid of a stock they got stuck with because they thought they would sell better.

Why do we have such STUPID threads, god I HATE the 1st 2 weeks of every month...

Originally Posted by OthelloxTwon

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

^TRUTH

word life man.....

if you don't like them..just DONT BUY THEM..KEEP IT MOVIN!!
fortunately everyone actually followed your advice.
laugh.gif
..these varsity red VI's were garbage and da fact that hypebeast that jumped on da boat too early for these got smacked in da

face by reality...that these kicks were just clones of something JB should've really released..da infrareds. and now people are making excuses for da fact that they flopped.

had they been durabuck people would've bought them easily.

this is da worst selling VI Hitop i've ever seen....even da white and navy VI retro+ from 2000 was gone by da next week.

goes to show you, don't mess with perfection.
Question?

What is a "flop" in your opinion?  If the shoes doesn't sell to the pair in 1 day?  Serious question...

And...either you are BSing to make a point, or don't actually know how the VI's did in 2000...the White/Navy VI's were not good sellers...they could be found on sale right next to the Laney and White/Silver V's...all three could EASILY be found 6 months after release for $79.99...

NT is starting to sound like my old man...everything was better "back in my day"...

Even in the early 2000's there were plenty of releases that weren't camp out, gate-crashing releases...not saying that the Infrared VI's weren't one of those...but, they were much fewer and far between than "everyone" remembers...

BTW...Jordan Brand does not realize revenue off of the retail price of the item...thus, to generate $143M on the Space Jam release, Jordan Brand would have had to sell appx 1,776,397 units to retailers when calculated from the appx wholesale price...
roll.gif

JM

Originally Posted by edunpeal

tired.gif
of COURSE....i am confident that had da infrared VI's drop in true form they would've dold out immediately..you're talking about one of da most beloved jordans in da

entire series.

But they didn't, and the VARSITY REDS were never meant to be a retro of the infrared's so shut up. I swear your last thousand posts have been about bashing these VI's and how they don't compare to the infra's. Wait until June, get the package and have a coke and a smile. Jesus Christ.

JB is hardly slipping. I wish people look at the bigger picture. The brand sells well, bottom line. I see JB on people all the time whether it be hat's, tees, or shoes that aren't retros. This topic is like beating a dead horse and I don't see the point. What do we care if it's slipping? We don't have any say in what is released and this moaning and complaining every day or every other day is pitiful. Those that complain, steadily buy and get excited on rumored releases. It's been said to the umpteenth degree on this message board, you don't like it, don't buy it. It's simple. IMO I liked the varsity red VI's, they aren't too far off from the infrared VI's and yes I am old enough to have been around to see the originals the first time, they are fine. Smh....

^TRUTH

I work at a finishline and the painting on the soles of the varsity red vis was not the best. but it is a VI. clearly this shoe was not planned to be a huge release. i mean no retro card. not even the same shoe trees. i think JB has so many shoes out now that it appears that quality has gone down. i mean we have been given 4 retro xii's the SJs and the Bred 6's as well as the DMP 1s, DMP 7s, DMP 5s in roughly a year. plus the motorsport VIs come out a few weeks after the bred VIs, not to mention the spizikes, 60+, HOFs, etc. plus you got the CP3's the melos. all the team edition jays. i mean JB has gotten so huge nowadays that people almost have too many choices and i think with this recession people want the new hotness but cant afford it so instead of the Retros they go and cop the ol schools or true flights. plus Nike i think hurts themselves. they will release a pretty decent shoe whether its an af1, a jordan, an air max, or something. then they will release a "cheaper" shoe in the same colorways. i remember copping the Raging Bulls pack and then a few weeks later there was a canvas nike indee hi top that was a 50 dollar shoe! and now we are getting the foamposites, half cents, air max 95s, barkleys, KGs, i mean really think about it. the market has just been flooded with shoes. not to mention i dont think all the fakes were out years ago like they are now. uneducated consumers will go to a flea market and think they are getting a classic jordan but its a fake. too much for most to take in especially in a tight economy.

Gives us a chance to cop without hassle and having to pay resellers prices. I don't mind one bit.
So hopefully I'll be able to buy a pair for less than retail.

f'n right^^^^^

I think JB should release everything as a quickstrike from now on to shut people up and leave a lot of people without pairs.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom