Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

I think it has more to do with the economy. Lots of people do not have jobs and they have to save what little money they have for bills and things that really matter.  I myself have recently got layed off and I have no money for shoes. what ever money I have goes to bills and to put food on the table for my kids. Ive missed out on space jams,black/red VI's  MS VI's and most likely all the heat that might drop this year
mad.gif
 but bills and family come first .                                            

I think it's really stupid if they're going to release Varsity Reds and Infareds.

Originally Posted by scarru

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

^TRUTH

word life man.....

if you don't like them..just DONT BUY THEM..KEEP IT MOVIN!!

why do people insist on making these threads over and over again...WE GOT IT ALREADY!!

The vi was never popular by me. The carmines were the only ones that people really got in to.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

We're so over saturated with releases from Brand Jordan that there's no way they can be judged on one release alone, sales-wise or otherwise....

glasses.gif

QFT

VI's will be copped when I find them around 100-120

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.
That's crazy!

HOW U KNOW THAT????JUST CURIOUS

I dont get it...JB Slippin??? It seems when everything sells out fast and resellers double the price on ebay everybody wishes they would still be in stores for retail....But when the shoe sits for alil longer everybody bashes JB for slippin or bad quality!! lol Ill neva understand!

let jb slip, I loved the easy cops of the white/red XII's and the Black/Varsity Red VI's no complaints out of me. no lines, no idiots pushing and shoving to get in the door first... it was nice

i still havent copped those VI's but they are fresher in person...who cares if they on shelves still easier for me to cop
smile.gif

Originally Posted by OthelloxTwon

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

^TRUTH

word life man.....

fortunately everyone actually followed your advice.
laugh.gif
..these varsity red VI's were garbage and da fact that hypebeast that jumped on da boat too early for these got smacked in da

face by reality...that these kicks were just clones of something JB should've really released..da infrareds. and now people are making excuses for da fact that they flopped.

had they been durabuck people would've bought them easily.

this is da worst selling VI Hitop i've ever seen....even da white and navy VI retro+ from 2000 was gone by da next week.

goes to show you, don't mess with perfection.

This figure is completely and utterly false.

$!$ does "sell well" mean anyway? Cats think if they go in the store a week after release and sizes are still available then the shoes didn't sell well? That's pretty poor logic.

Hahaha... you mean the TGIM, Rulez 2, Olympians, Jumpman Pro ID w/out full-length Zoom or carbon fiber, Melo's whole line, 2009, and "peephole" 2010's didn't tip you off prior to the retro VI?

Hahaha. In my opinion, the only J's worth copping anywhere near retail in recent memory are XX, XII wht/red retro, 16.5, and MAYBE the XX3... otherwise JB is all about hypebeast garbage...

The only evidence this is, is that they were over-priced. Just cuz the XVII's didnt sell well at $200 didnt mean that JB was slipping.

Originally Posted by clkru

Hahaha... you mean the TGIM, Rulez 2, Olympians, Jumpman Pro ID w/out full-length Zoom or carbon fiber, Melo's whole line, 2009, and "peephole" 2010's didn't tip you off prior to the retro VI?

Hahaha. In my opinion, the only J's worth copping anywhere near retail in recent memory are XX, XII wht/red retro, 16.5, and MAYBE the XX3... otherwise JB is all about hypebeast garbage...

The XX3 is an awesome shoe. I've put those things through hell and back and they still look good.

Originally Posted by ginzanewdleshop

$!$ does "sell well" mean anyway? Cats think if they go in the store a week after release and sizes are still available then the shoes didn't sell well? That's pretty poor logic.
QFT
pimp.gif
.................Another one is if they are in the store a couple of weeks later they are not
smokin.gif
or quality is not good............Thats bs because the red and white 12s are still sitting and the quality of those blew the quality of my 09 SJ's........Hype does sell nowadays.......When im on the way to the store to pic up somthing i like , I pray that nobody likes em.....LOL    

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by OthelloxTwon

^TRUTH

word life man.....

fortunately everyone actually followed your advice.
laugh.gif
..these varsity red VI's were garbage and da fact that hypebeast that jumped on da boat too early for these got smacked in da

face by reality...that these kicks were just clones of something JB should've really released..da infrareds. and now people are making excuses for da fact that they flopped.

had they been durabuck people would've bought them easily.

this is da worst selling VI Hitop i've ever seen....even da white and navy VI retro+ from 2000 was gone by da next week.

goes to show you, don't mess with perfection.

ninjahood your hilarious i love coming into varsity red threads and your going off with the durabuck posts. lmao 

Anyhow for people like myself that were not willing to pay redic prices for some Infrareds it will have to do. I actually like the suede, im sure everyone would take some durabuck infrareds first but come on at least they were not patent leather.   

Originally Posted by blco02

This figure is completely and utterly false.

I fail at math

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

let jb slip, I loved the easy cops of the white/red XII's and the Black/Varsity Red VI's no complaints out of me. no lines, no idiots pushing and shoving to get in the door first... it was nice
34j65pw.jpg

Slipping?  I disagree.  Look how well the Space Jams sold.  Look at JB quarterly profits over 2009 alone.  Also, be an observer.  How many people you see with Jordan Brand jackets, hats, shoes, baby clothes, basketball shorts, socks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, cleats, not to mention shoes.

Can't judge them on one release.  Suede deterred a lot of potential consumers.  Durabuck would have caused these things to fly off the shelves.  Just my opinion.  But, I think facts support the theory that Jordan Brand indeed IS NOT slipping.  They seem to be recession proof and let's not forget we are still in one of the deepest economic slumps we have seen since the 1920's.  Jobs are scarce and staple items (gas, food, clothing, etc.) are increasing in price.  Yet, people still find a way to get out there and stand in line, pay near 2x retail, or whatever they have to, to make sure they get their latest JB kick.

Back
Top Bottom