Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Not trying to be "that way"...but, the hate for the sake of hate is getting old...

Fine...YOU (and by you...I mean, OG Niketalkers)...that doesn't mean that hundreds of thousands of others don't...

AND...that also doesn't mean that they aren't selling and selling VERY well...

Sure, you will still see them on display for a while, but the majority of stores will have a few pair here and there left...the difference now vs 5 years ago is that someone 5 years ago would have bought those couple pair ONLY to flip on eBay...which, just isn't the case anymore...

JM
you basically said da same thing i said...i said in da grandscheme of things of course they're "selling"....are they a hot seller? compared to da rest of da

abyss known as da sneaker world outside beaverton obviously...da question is are they selling like VI's are supposed to sell? and that answer is HELL no.

cuz da same people that you mentioned used to cop multiple pairs to flip on ebay are picking other sneakers to do so...check da copper penny foamposite thread

or even those ugly motorsports....these varsity red VI's are OF COURSE going to eventually run out when they go on sale....does that mean that Nike/JB

couldn't do ALOT better making these da way everyone wanted them to be sell em out THAT much FASTER? ok then.

Buddy, I had the OG VI's back in high school, freshman year. I remember the VI's cost about 125 plus tax. Anyways, point being is, that is when MJ wore them in the playoffs, so hype was at it's finest. These didn't sell out the first day, nor the first week I believe. I remember I had to wait a little bit and behave and do all kinds of chores for like a week to get them. No layaway, nothing, just walked in with my mom and copped these with ease. JM is right, only a few shoes had lines of folks waiting outside, and that was the XI when they debuted out here back in 96. So please don't try to argue and state that the shoe aint selling well, eventually it will be sold out. Just some shoes sell faster than the others.

indifferent.gif
at this thread. . .

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the varsity VI are a general release and a lot of people were turned off that they are suede and not infrared.

30d7yvk.jpg

Infrared is a material now? 
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and a
0e716d44fd1f8611d3016a20177b260d9f70e359.jpg

They just need to make all the retros limited henceforth and build hype.

if people aren't shooting for the Js, hype isn't good enough.

JB is just feeding us what they always do and that is medicore retros. Of course the quality isn't going to be up to par, but it doesn't change a thing...I've said this many times..you people complain all day long...but as soon as that coveted model reappears you all go crazy and cop...most of you anyway.

You..yes..you, the guy who puts down a
eek.gif
and a
pimp.gif
everytime a new retro appears even though you know the price and quality is high and low respectively...are to blame for JB slipping, because you allow them to...they end up with your $ regardless!

Originally Posted by JorPun662

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Not trying to be "that way"...but, the hate for the sake of hate is getting old...

Fine...YOU (and by you...I mean, OG Niketalkers)...that doesn't mean that hundreds of thousands of others don't...

AND...that also doesn't mean that they aren't selling and selling VERY well...

Sure, you will still see them on display for a while, but the majority of stores will have a few pair here and there left...the difference now vs 5 years ago is that someone 5 years ago would have bought those couple pair ONLY to flip on eBay...which, just isn't the case anymore...

JM
you basically said da same thing i said...i said in da grandscheme of things of course they're "selling"....are they a hot seller? compared to da rest of da

abyss known as da sneaker world outside beaverton obviously...da question is are they selling like VI's are supposed to sell? and that answer is HELL no.

cuz da same people that you mentioned used to cop multiple pairs to flip on ebay are picking other sneakers to do so...check da copper penny foamposite thread

or even those ugly motorsports....these varsity red VI's are OF COURSE going to eventually run out when they go on sale....does that mean that Nike/JB

couldn't do ALOT better making these da way everyone wanted them to be sell em out THAT much FASTER? ok then.

Buddy, I had the OG VI's back in high school, freshman year. I remember the VI's cost about 125 plus tax. Anyways, point being is, that is when MJ wore them in the playoffs, so hype was at it's finest. These didn't sell out the first day, nor the first week I believe. I remember I had to wait a little bit and behave and do all kinds of chores for like a week to get them. No layaway, nothing, just walked in with my mom and copped these with ease. JM is right, only a few shoes had lines of folks waiting outside, and that was the XI when they debuted out here back in 96. So please don't try to argue and state that the shoe aint selling well, eventually it will be sold out. Just some shoes sell faster than the others.

JB is not slipping, its just the case that the VIs does not have that universal appeal to all consumers... For them its just another pair of Black Red Js. Even if they release the Infrared VIs it wont have the hype like the XIs will have... Yes it will sell out faster than the VRs but its not because alot of people want them... but alot flippers and sneakgeeks will cop multiples for these.

Jordan VI = Sneakgeeks ; Enthusiasts ; Hype

Jordan XI = Universal Appeal

"IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers."

Well said JordanFan04, couldn't have said it better myself

Slipping ? jordan retros to ME , have been trash since right after the 13s retroed .

Jordans aint been right in about 6 years and counting .

alot of people have forgot how crappy the fire red , and military blue IVs were , and the whole fake t shirt thing .

Ninjahood, I'm sorry but there's no way anyone can take you seriously when you type "da" instead of "the".

Anyhow. the reason you see retros like the VI and XII sitting on the shelves is that JB is putting out way more retros than it has in the past. A few years ago, the same VI would have sold out much faster because there were no other retros for us to spend our money on. I mean, not too many of us have the funds to purchase a pair of $150 sneakers every month, so we have to pick and choose. I chose to double-up on the Space Jams instead of getting the XIIs or VIs.

That doesn't mean that I don't like the XIIs or VIs, it's just that we all have way more options when it comes to Jordan retros these days. The good thing is we have more choices to pick from, but there will also be more reasons to pass on them too.

Seems to me like it's just a different breed of collector buying jays....

I LOVE my VR 6's and have come to the realization that The NEW BREED of Jordanheads are just focused on HYPE!!!

If everyone went crazy over these VI's like the coppers.....they would have sold out immediately...

Recession means NOTHING...HYPE is EVERYTHING!!!

Like others have said it's just that the market is so saturated with retros and people are just buying the more popular releases.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the varsity VI are a general release and a lot of people were turned off that they are suede and not infrared.

30d7yvk.jpg

roll.gif
capt.b353a50db7f249ee985aab0a0394c9bc.mavericks_bobcats_basketball_nccb101.jpg

jordan varsity red Vi's on sale where?
nerd.gif
please lmk . I really don't see it happening, unless at the outlets.

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.

my only response is....controlling share of the Bobcats!!! Bobcats!!!

30d7yvk.jpg

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

30d7yvk.jpg

roll.gif
capt.b353a50db7f249ee985aab0a0394c9bc.mavericks_bobcats_basketball_nccb101.jpg

With that picture posted, along with the infamous jeans and the suit he wore at the HOF induction, I don't know what's worse; the quality of retroes or his wardrobe selection. I'm leaning in favor of his attire.

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

30d7yvk.jpg

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Why you mad? Dude made an idiotic statement. Gifs were executed properly.

The problem with many of the statements made in this thread (and the Jordan Brand forum for that matter) is that they are hearsay and speculation at best.

If the situation had been reversed and the XI's had stayed on shelves and VI's sold out, would it be ok to then say JB was slipping? Fact of the matter is, some shoes will remain more popular than other's REGARDLESS of quality and in no way, shape, or form should you judge a brand based on how one, out of many, of its products sells. Go look at some quarterly earnings reports.

evidence that Jordan is slipping in the quality department can be seen in EVERY retro released in the last 5-6 years with the LONE EXCEPTION being the white/red XII retro.

Sorry, but this isn't really news...

30d7yvk.jpg

roll.gif

Why were u trying to clown somebody for that when dude just said the two main problems that have been constantly stated.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by clkru

evidence that Jordan is slipping in the quality department can be seen in EVERY retro released in the last 5-6 years with the LONE EXCEPTION being the white/red XII retro.

Sorry, but this isn't really news...

Nubuck XII's?

Varsity VI's

IV's

XIV's

VII's

I's

Motorsport 6's

Lone exception is a big claim to make. JB has definitely been slipping in the quality department, but they have their moments where they release a nice product.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

30d7yvk.jpg

roll.gif

Why were u trying to clown somebody for that when dude just said the two main problems that have been constantly stated.
tired.gif

We are just nit-picking at argument structure.

It was as if OP implied that infrared was a material or that suede was a color. Apples with apples and oranges with oranges. Not that serious, but I'm pretty sure that's what warranted the pics.

Cats trying too hard to be funny. We all know what MBilla4Rilla was saying and I'm not even sure it's grammatically incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom