Originally Posted by loskickking23

Originally Posted by ninjahood

eyes.gif
Supremacy wrote:

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

They're below retail on eBay because it's a GR release
thats funny, so were da space jams..looked how that turned out

bottomline is people wasn't feeling da suede.

sj werent a GR

hmmm, kids, juniors, infant sizes...yet it wasn't a GR?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

them things was GR, they just had a overwhelming demand.
SJ's was an extra hyped GR.............Reason for red and white 12's not flying off of shelves? The quality of the 12's blew the s*** out of the SJ's......

Got those bad boys on now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Magic1978
Space Jams sold out for a reason.  If you put them on ebay you can make a profit off the Space Jams for a reason.
Varsity Reds are sitting for a reason.  If you put them on ebay, you won't get retail for a reason.
Both general release sneakers, that hadn't released in almost 10 years, totally different outcomes.

And VI's will be discounted on a sales rack in your local footlocker 
roll.gif

Why did I get them, truthfully I don't know.  I had serious mixed feelings purchasing them, because I knew they weren't that great going in, but I have the money and they were my grails.  I felt I would regret not getting them more than regret spending $158 getting them.

Defend my purchase? I don't have to defend %$! that I spent MY MONEY on. Did you stop reading after I said I wasn't salty anymore? Sorry that the paint on your pair is sloppy, but mine isn't. Uncomfortable? Damn, that's a first. I actually feel these are extremely comfortable, and actually run true to size. And you're damn right the SJ's sold out for a reason, because to the general public who know nothing about Jordan, XI's>>>>>>>>>>>everything. The shoe is iconic in itself. It put patent leather on the map, so trying to put together an argument on these not selling out compared to a pair of XI's is ridiculous. Drop those garbage $%% 25th Anniversary XI's and the Infrared pack around the same time and see which sells faster. Bottom line, you and a bunch of others made these VI's out to be something they aren't and weren't intended to be, which are the Infrareds. Hence me not understanding how these were your grails and this colorway never released before.

1) space jams sold out but the reason was DEFINITELY NOT becasue of the quality.

2) Varsity reds are an entirely different shoe than the infrareds.  im POSITIVE theyll release the infrared VI's sooner or later. its in their backpocket, much like the concords, grapes, bordeaux, cement iv's, true blue iii's
             - if they released the true blue's with a much lighter shade. would they be considered official T.B's?? ....

nope
tongue.gif

^ you got a point there, but i don't understand this not copping because a different shade of color. It's dumb.

I had the OG's when they dropped in 91 and of course at 12 I had no idea what I had on my feet other than that I mowed a lot of lawns and scraped gutters that year for those kicks.  From what I remember they were extremely durable and comfortable.  I wore them until I grew out of them and beat them to the dirt.  I also recently purchased the Black/Varsity Reds and obviously it's a completely different story, even between these and the 2000 retros I had for a good minute and eventually sold for subsistence $$$$ in Costa Rica.

Anyhow, do I regret buying the Varsity Reds?  Not at all.  It's not nearly as comfortable as the 2000's and I really miss the durabuck, but oh well, I knew what I was getting into when I copped.  I do like them though.  Enjoy rockin 'em when I can.  They are fresh.  I coated them down with FTL Ultra Waterproofer like four times and any hint of ash on that suede is long gone.  It's much flatter and deeper than when I first purchased and I dig this.  Very much.
happy.gif

Obviously, you can't clean them with a wet towel like you could the 2000's and OG's and have to be much more careful with them.  Probably not the greatest kick to ball in either.  I also like the tint of the Varsity Red better than the Infrared (flame on)...However, I don't think this release was a complete failure.  I see what was being done from a business standpoint with the Retro + release especially in lieu of an imminent Infrared Pack.  That being said, I'll definitely cop the White/Reds when they drop and think that the quality we are seeing in releases like the MS VI is a sign that JB still has a mind to step it up, although not like many of us would like them to.
grin.gif

The inflation argument is valid because commodities and labor are more expensive now than they were 10 or even nearly 20 years ago.  Problem is, for our supposed equivalent of $125 nowadays we aren't getting the quality we once got.  And it seems if we are even going to get near it it's going to have to be in the form of limited premium quickstrike releases with a $25 hike, e.g. the MSVI. 

I just hope JB can step it up with the White/Red VI and Oreos and then with the Concords, III's and IV's that drop...In my eyes they need to be putting extra effort into making these iconic kicks the best that your $$$$ can buy, which is what J's were all about back in the day...

Originally Posted by Adi934LiiFe

When ya post these essays, can ya at least post a cliffnote to go along with it.

You got it G.  Just remember to take your Ritalin before you start reading.
nerd.gif

Peace.

no way jordan is slipping, they gave every person who loves to wear jays a chance to get a pair of shoes that would have sold out years ago, any real jordan fiend would know that red/blk colorway is the original and let alone a retro 6 and soft suede, these are a must cop

airuphere, I miss when pro wrestling was worth watching... that Sting Icon takes me back man...

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

airuphere, I miss when pro wrestling was worth watching... that Sting Icon takes me back man...

laugh.gif
you and me both homie, back in the day, wrestling had everybody hooked..not so much anymore unfortunately.

You keep asserting that the Black/Red VI's that dropped on 1/23 "aren't selling"...what exactly are you basing this off of?

That you can still see them in stores?  That they didn't sell out in one day?  Just curious...what do you consider a "flop"???

JM

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

You keep asserting that the Black/Red VI's that dropped on 1/23 "aren't selling"...what exactly are you basing this off of?

That you can still see them in stores?  That they didn't sell out in one day?  Just curious...what do you consider a "flop"???

JM
of course when u look at da grand scheme of things they are selling...same way fubu and karl kani still makes millions a year.....

but as far what jordan fans are used to..nah these aren't moving like that, sure they'll go on sale and eventually will disappear like all decent nikes do and sure

JB already made they money on retailer orders..but yeah, da suede made thaaat much of a difference.

JM
of course when u look at da grand scheme of things they are selling...same way fubu and karl kani still makes millions a year.....

but as far what jordan fans are used to..nah these aren't moving like that, sure they'll go on sale and eventually will disappear like all decent nikes do and sure

JB already made they money on retailer orders..but yeah, da suede made thaaat much of a difference.
Completely false...yes, they ARE moving like that...

Really?  Fubu and Karl Kani vs Jordan Brand...please...that is like comparing the search function of Google vs Niketalk...

There is still NOTHING in the industry that can touch what you would consider a "flop" of a Retro Jordan release...week in and week out...Jordan Brand footwear outsells 95% of the other SKUs on the wall...

There have been VERY few Retro Jordans that have ever ACTUALLY sold out the first day...memories cloud and become foggy...always remembering those few releases that caused riots...reality is that the occasional III-VIII or XI in OG colors may have sold through close to 100% on the first day over the last 10 years, but that certainly has NEVER been the norm...

The facts are that these VI's are smoking...if a store got, say...144 pair and sold 120...you will still probably see them on display for a few weeks, maybe a month or two...but, is 120 out of 144 sold in one day a "flop" in your eyes...if that is the case...your expectations need to be checked...

JM

Not trying to be "that way"...but, the hate for the sake of hate is getting old...

Fine...YOU (and by you...I mean, OG Niketalkers)...that doesn't mean that hundreds of thousands of others don't...

AND...that also doesn't mean that they aren't selling and selling VERY well...

Sure, you will still see them on display for a while, but the majority of stores will have a few pair here and there left...the difference now vs 5 years ago is that someone 5 years ago would have bought those couple pair ONLY to flip on eBay...which, just isn't the case anymore...

JM

Not trying to be "that way"...but, the hate for the sake of hate is getting old...

Fine...YOU (and by you...I mean, OG Niketalkers)...that doesn't mean that hundreds of thousands of others don't...

AND...that also doesn't mean that they aren't selling and selling VERY well...

Sure, you will still see them on display for a while, but the majority of stores will have a few pair here and there left...the difference now vs 5 years ago is that someone 5 years ago would have bought those couple pair ONLY to flip on eBay...which, just isn't the case anymore...

JM
you basically said da same thing i said...i said in da grandscheme of things of course they're "selling"....are they a hot seller? compared to da rest of da

abyss known as da sneaker world outside beaverton obviously...da question is are they selling like VI's are supposed to sell? and that answer is HELL no.

cuz da same people that you mentioned used to cop multiple pairs to flip on ebay are picking other sneakers to do so...check da copper penny foamposite thread

or even those ugly motorsports....these varsity red VI's are OF COURSE going to eventually run out when they go on sale....does that mean that Nike/JB

couldn't do ALOT better making these da way everyone wanted them to be sell em out THAT much FASTER? ok then.

JM

There is still NOTHING in the industry that can touch what you would consider a "flop" of a Retro Jordan release...week in and week out...Jordan Brand footwear outsells 95% of the other SKUs on the wall...
and on that note let's see whats going to move faster....a 200 dollar copper foamposite penny or a 150 varsity red VI.....and da VI's already got a 3 week

head start.

da problem with your argument is your looking at these VI's from a pure capitalistic top to trickle down bottom when in reality jordans are becoming more

and more irelevant from da bottom up....SURE jordans still sell, however how long you think they can ignore da grumblings of their purist fanbase

before da bottom falls out on brand?  i know plenty of spots in NYC with FSR's of varsity red VI's....you can attribute it to da recession, and you can

point blame at da fact that JB make it easy to pass on these.

They are not slipping, they are simply seeing what the consumer will go for.

If they can produce variations of shoes to somehow keep og's, and og retro's different in some way, and we still buy, then they will continue to do so, and if they can save a little money in the process by using cheaper materials, than they will do so as well.

But if you all follow suit and stick to quality retro's only, with colorways that you actually like, and not just ones you settle for, then they will change their ways, and produce quality variations in original colorways.

Jordan is not slipping, it was taking a break for a while
I think they knew the 6's were not going to sell out, but they made up for them with the MS and more to come, lets not even begin with the 11's coming out, IMO they are playing it smart

Back
Top Bottom