EVIL vol. My Drawing

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

ronald mcdonald? mickey mouse?

.......am i missing something? how are they thrown in there w hitler & osama bin laden??

edit: just saw your explanation above. but what's the story behind ronald?  

^^^that video up there
eek.gif
Ronald McDonald, like Mickey Mouse, is the embodiment of something bigger. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with the character itself (although one may argue that Ronald McDonald is one of the creepiest mascots of all time) but I believe there's something wrong with what he represents and that is the fast food industry. I think there's definitely something evil about pushing out low-cost food that people eventually pay for with their health. Some might argue that it's not the fast food industry's fault but rather the consumer's and that it's all about personal restraint. I personally think that if you have a hand in putting that crap out there you're guilty regardless of what the consumer decides to do it. For this piece, it could have just as easily been Colonel Sanders or the equally creepy Burger King.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Awesome stuff. Is it possible to post more pics of your dads volcano painting?
edit: I totally read over "volcano"
laugh.gif
oh well.

Here's a couple I personally really like.

big_surf_island.jpg

fire_surf.jpg

nature_in_ecstasy.jpg

verdant_fall.jpg

volcanic_majesty.jpg

A lot of his works are influenced by places he traveled to and really liked. Hawaii, China, California, etc. I'd say that his style is an expressive representation of nature bordering on abstraction. In a way, his work made me realize that you don't have to be precise to create good art. There's a certain emotional quality to works that are looser. I don't think I've ever seen a contour line in his work.
laugh.gif

this is some awesome art. you got talent my boy.
you need to do something with that.
ima commission you to draw me on a unicorn with a bad broad on a volcano shooting nazi's with the terminators shotgun.

No Bush or Reagan...

Spoiler [+]
Or Jay-Z *quickly exits thread after beating a dead horse*

Back
Top Bottom