FAT Shaming

Bruh :lol:

Nobody:

prfitnesscamp: Here is me aggressively fat shaming one on my clients on social media to a bunch of strangers. She’s a biggie so she can GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

Also prfitnesscamp: By the way, I have an available spot now so anybody SERIOUS about their goals, please contact me! Thanks!

I think the reason why he's upset is people like this are the types to cheat on their diet at every opportunity and then turn around and blame the trainer and their regiment as to why they(the customer) aren't losing weight. Then turn around and leave reviews all over the place telling people that you're not that good as opposed to taking ownership of their own shortcomings.

not sure why you would get a personal trainer if you gonna do this and then take pictures of it.
whole mentality is wrong.
i get the personal trainer's frustration cause it's the same people who always ask why isn't my diet and training working.

i once tried to help a young lady get in shape and figured out calories and everything for her. a couple weeks later she had the nerve to have cheesecake as a snack at work. it wasn't a small slice either. i wasted all my time and effort.
after that i completely gave up trying to help anyone with their fitness or diet.

Personally, if I was out of shape and I had a trainer I wouldn't post fat food on my social medias.

I don't get why she would do that. Maybe she thought it was harmless. #LowIQ

I think the reason why he's upset is people like this are the types to cheat on their diet at every opportunity and then turn around and blame the trainer and their regiment as to why they(the customer) aren't losing weight. Then turn around and leave reviews all over the place telling people that you're not that good as opposed to taking ownership of their own shortcomings.

I get it. It’s just bothersome and petty to me because he posted the video and shamed her to the public with NO context. What you said makes total sense, though. I guess we’ll never know but I hope she can meet her health and fitness goals one day.

Personally, if I was out of shape and I had a trainer I wouldn't post fat food on my social medias.

I don't get why she would do that. Maybe she thought it was harmless. #LowIQ

This is gross, fatphobic, and is very much the reason why so many people who choose to work out, train, or diet end up back where they started and dissatisfied. Food is not the enemy here.

Fatphobia is inherently oppressive. Oppressive behaviour is never justified. I thought you you were better than this DC.

:lol:
3A92B54B-AD21-49E9-BA92-C516C2D1D21C.jpeg

We’re in a time in which everything is being normalized so telling people that being grossly overweight is a problem, is a problem. **** is backwards but it’s a sign of the times.

We don’t have to result to shaming but people need to be told that their destructive habits are indeed wrong

I remember watching the Super Size Me documentary in High School and not seeing it as a huge problem but now I can see that obesity is a major issue. It’s sad to see how overweight people truly are in this country.

We’re in a time in which everything is being normalized so telling people that being grossly overweight is a problem, is a problem. **** is backwards but it’s a sign of the times.

We don’t have to result to shaming but people need to be told that their destructive habits are indeed wrong

I remember watching the Super Size Me documentary in High School and not seeing it as a huge problem but now I can see that obesity is a major issue. It’s sad to see how overweight people truly are in this country.
It’s also been normalized to be overweight because now you can just say you’re “thicc”. I hate it especially with app dating. These yambs’ bios say **** like “curvy”, “thick af”, “not a small girl”, etc. with no body shots. Like the that meant something wayyyy different a decade ago. You could be a dime with those descriptors back in the day. Now you got legitimately obese yambs using them. The games all ****ed up.

18 pages?

Fat shaming / Fatphobia is a real thing?

Had no idea.

Is there such a thing a short shaming?

Small penis shaming?

Male pattern baldness shaming?

"Enter socially undesirable physical attribute" shaming?

Is this why the term had to evolve from "Fat shaming" to "Body shaming" - even further from the real issue?

I get that people can be cruel but the pendulum cant swing to the other extreme of a Lizzo either.

The truth is a bit more complex than "people are mean".

Humans are only as good as our options and the FDA / Food industry / city council (food deserts) are much too powerful so here we are beating around the bush.

People threw a fit when Government tried to take their soda because SUGAR IS A DRUG.

Europe has banned most of the more serious crap we have here in the US.

Either we are going to address the issue fully or we aren't. "People are mean" aint gonna do it.

Also - how does an increasingly large population impact an increasingly aging population?

Between 1993 and 2003, there was a 55 percent increase in the rate of fatal falls for elderly adults. Because of the increasing age in the general population, the number of elderly patients visiting the emergency department with ground-level falls is increasing, and will likely continue to rise in the future. It is now estimated that 30 percent of adults older than 65 years will experience an unintentional fall each year.

“Instead of an influx of ‘traditional’ knife-and-gun club victims, trauma centers of the future may need to prepare for treatment of a less dramatic but no less relevant form of injury that may very well have a substantial impact on the health and independence of our older citizens,” said Thomas S. Helling, M.D., from the Department of Surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center who wrote an editorial accompanying the study.

The negative effect of age on health outcomes has been well established in past studies in other areas as well. Many elderly adults are frail and have pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart disease. In these types of patients, a low-level fall that results in a broken hip could have serious, far-reaching consequences. According to Cheng, “An 80 year old often can’t tolerate and recover from trauma like a 20 year old.”

The weight of an object is the force of gravity on the object and may be defined as the mass times the acceleration of gravity, w = mg. Since the weight is a force, its SI unit is the newton.

The physics of this equation aint looking too good for the healthcare system.

Last edited:

At this juncture, you just have to say screw society and only worry about you and yours.

It’s also been normalized to be overweight because now you can just say you’re “thicc”. I hate it especially with app dating. These yambs’ bios say **** like “curvy”, “thick af”, “not a small girl”, etc. with no body shots. Like the that meant something wayyyy different a decade ago. You could be a dime with those descriptors back in the day. Now you got legitimately obese yambs using them. The games all ****ed up.
Didn't one of those dating apps start to ban people who put that they aren't interested in fat people?

I want to say as black people we have to let go of that thick label because it’s definitely not helping the normalizing of being overweight but I’m not sure if there’s any deeper significance behind us referring to ourselves that way.

not sure why you would get a personal trainer if you gonna do this and then take pictures of it.
whole mentality is wrong.
i get the personal trainer's frustration cause it's the same people who always ask why isn't my diet and training working.

i once tried to help a young lady get in shape and figured out calories and everything for her. a couple weeks later she had the nerve to have cheesecake as a snack at work. it wasn't a small slice either. i wasted all my time and effort.
after that i completely gave up trying to help anyone with their fitness or diet.

You’re wrong with that though. My opinion. Trying doesn’t always mean getting it right. I can show you how to make a three pointer and you can work on your form during our session. You might go out next game and still leave your elbow untucked. It takes a lot to change and it’s not easy. People already internally feel terrible about not improving at it and others being hard on them doesn’t help (usually). And if it does it’s temporary. It’s why finding fun in it or self love works the best. Finding a group of others to play hoops with or to go out to eat healthy meals with etc. Just my two cents having been both in shape, fat, and the mountain to get back into shape when you get older.

Just reading that post, "**** OUTTA HERE BIGGIE!" got me in tears.

That post is grey as hell, but that trainers frustration is reasonable.

I think a lot of people expect to lose the weight overnight, as if they gained that weight overnight. Probably why so many people opt for surgeries, because they want that instant result. Like a get rich quick scheme.

The whole “fat phobia” concept is mostly applied to women. Like I think people trying to “normalize” being Lizzo sized is absurd. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the people who called that Black newscaster (Demetira something) fat, and disgusting and saying she shouldn’t be allowed to wear dresses are also insane :lol:

Every subject in this country ends up in extremes which is why there’s rarely progress.

Calories in versus calories out. That’s it.

The fact that she’s eating ice coconut water and fruit like cereal tells me all I need to know.

Yes it's harder for some people to lose weight than others, but it can be done. Most people don't realize how much they're eating unless they count their calories. If they did that, they'd be surprised by how much they take in without knowing it.

I know because I've done the calorie counting thing before. Little snacks all day and two or three soda waters can really add up and put you over your maintenance level easy.

What she's saying wouldn't fly if she went to a cardiologist.

So the more I think about it, the more I believe the battle has already basically been decided before we are even conscious of there even being a battle.

I would say most of us don't even think about health until mid 20s? (some later).

By then, habits are already set.
Systemic issues (for some) for us to live anything BUT healthy.

So forreal, most of us have lost by time we are adults

And I honestly don't blame anyone for looking at it as an uphill battle that is
A. Improbable to climb
B. Not worth the time/effort

And just living in this country alone indirectly pressures you into NOT living a healthy lifestyle.

We don't learn how to eat in school. We are legit doomed from birth man

That isn't to say some of us CAN'T get on track and live "right" but it is hard man.
That isn't to say some of us CAN'T get on track and live "right" but it is hard man.

Last edited:
Its sad when i see 12-13yr old kids that weigh as much, or maybe more than i do. I mean we are in the same weight class.

Back
Top Bottom